0 - 0 against the pigs and we are happy

Dot

23 hours ago, bradowl said:

It was frustrating to watch but had we gone out on all out attack and got stuffed 5-0 would you have been any happier? 

I doubt it very much, I wouldn't for one.

Why is it one extreme with so many posters? I haven’t read anyone suggesting all it attack. There’s defensive and there’s whatever that was Friday. 

Not asking for an attacking set up, it would have just been nice if every now and then one of our players opened their body up when receiving the ball and moved or played it forward. Majority of the time our midfielders touched it inside to go backwards! Was horrible to watch as there was zero ambition. No attempt to even counter attack.

That game was let them have it. Attack vs defensive. When they lose it, give it back to them in the half way like and start again. Training exercise.

I’ve had a couple of days to think about it. Reasonably pleased with a point and a clean sheet. Pretty disgusted with how we set up and a lot of performances. I don’t even think we defended well as a team. We defended our 18 years box excellently though. Mainly down to Hector. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eightace said:

We played better. Had a better side out.

Over a season that side and tactics would do better.

Van Aken kicked the ball to them for one goal and was ball watching for the second. Reach had a poor game.

We haven't improved one bit. Any mugs can turn up and put ten men behind the ball. 

We were woeful apart from the period where we scored. The only ones to come out with any credit were Hooper and Joao. Reach was deployed out of pisition at left back and our midfield of Jones, Bannan, Wallace and Lee was non existent and completely overrun. If you think we played well then you must have a short memory and have forgotten the aftermath of a complete blackout of players speaking to the media. I will take a 0-0 any day over a humiliating 4-2 defeat.

15 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

what's so wrong with wanting the team to do better  than they are doing when we have players that can do better and have proved it ,not much to ask is it when fans are paying a good lump of their wages every week to see turgid football cause the team can't be arsed, or the manager isn't doing his job ,whatever the cause it needs sorting or we will end up being irvinesque and dare not pick a team without fear of losing no matter who we play

You think that performance on Friday was a group of players who "Can't be arsed"?

Edited by markowl

21 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

did I mention Friday don't think i did I meant in general but if you wish to think only Friday counts then so be it

My mistake.

I thought, in a thread about Friday's game, you were talking about Friday.

Apologies...

• Haha 1

If Fridays game had been against any other of the top 3 teams away, I doubt very much we would have half as many melt downers as we have on this one. We have just lost abysmally at home, the pigs are on a high, everyone expected us getting caned but we come away with a point and a clean sheet. To top it all, the itk's on here say there is a disruptive force in the dressing room for the manager to have to put with. Jesus wept. It just gets better on here, and quite a few believe a new manager is the answer to all the problems. 

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Hope you had a good day.

Always a poignant day that always puts things into perspective of whats really important. It was very busy today, seemed to be a lot more people than last year including lots of kids which is incredibly important IMO. 

Hope your day was as expected too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, billyblack said:

Always a poignant day that always puts things into perspective of whats really important. It was very busy today, seemed to be a lot more people than last year including lots of kids which is incredibly important IMO. 

Hope your day was as expected too.

It was the same here, flags out etc, put a lump in many a throat.

I know my Step Daughters school went to great lengths this year to teach the kids too, special assemblies etc.
I'd been worried myself the past few years that it would slip by.

It does put things into perspective, absolutely

UTO !

28 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

We were in a play off position last month - I would term it more ‘inconsistent’, but each to their own. 

Yes but we all knew it wouldn’t continue the way we were playing.

Take Reach’s worldly goals out of our results and we would be in the relegation places. You can’t rely on those type of goals all season.