Jump to content

0 - 0 against the pigs and we are happy


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

1 shot on target 90th minute, in a derby game.

which makes it even more of a good result …….to be so under the cosh that we couldn't get into there box tells us what a superb battling performance it was to come away with a 0-0 …..11 hero's last night and to call them an embarrassment is a disgraceful slur .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, torryowl said:

which makes it even more of a good result …….to be so under the cosh that we couldn't get into there box tells us what a superb battling performance it was to come away with a 0-0 …..11 hero's last night and to call them an embarrassment is a disgraceful slur .

 

I have no idea of your age, nor of the football you've witnessed, ( very little, by the looks of things )  but our tactics allowed us to be under the cosh.
The embarrassment, was in our tactics.

We held on to a nil nil....  because that's what Jos ordered, in his style of play. ZERO attacking intent.
 

one point in fifteen, and you're happy lollol

As I type, we are 17th   4 points from relegation.

And you're happy ? lollol

Edited by quinnssweetshop
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dot said:

shows how far we have come under Jos

Much better to lose 4-0 then?.

If you want entertainment, go to the Theatre, Cinema, Circus, or to a Carnival, Pop Concert.

weather you like it or not, last night was a GOOD result for us, after the last 4 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just relieved we didn't get spanked

 

When I saw the lineup and the intensity of the 1st 20 minutes I worried

 

But we ground out a point which was a decent result

 

If we won I would have been delighted like any time we beat them.

 

Take last nights result for what it is

 

Doesn't mean you have to change your opinions on Jos and the club

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Much better to lose 4-0 then?.

If you want entertainment, go to the Theatre, Cinema, Circus, or to a Carnival, Pop Concert.

weather you like it or not, last night was a GOOD result for us, after the last 4 games.

 

We dropped two points, that's not a good result
We had one shot on target, that's appalling

No matter how people try and cover up for this fella and the Chairman.

They are screwing this club up

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is no pleasing some people.

Perhaps you would have been happier if we had lost 4-0?.

We are not the big club you seem to think we are.

We deserved that point last night, not through pretty, tippy tappy football but through true grit and professionalism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The title is a misnomer from my point of view 

 

Take away that the team we were playing were called Sheffield United and just say the over the course of 90 minutes plus the opposition played really really well and we defended like demons because we had no other choice and i'm happy that in those particular circumstances we were resolute enough to gain an away point .

 

They are better than us but didn't beat us 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

 

one point in fifteen, and you're happy lollol

As I type, we are 17th   4 points from relegation.

And you're happy ? lollol

 

Nobody is happy with one point out of five games, that should be blatantly obvious. But I was happy enough a few weeks ago when we were sixth in the league after a nightmare run of fixtures.

 

The Championship this season is such that practically every team will have a period when the wheels fall off. Norwich have just had a run of five wins that has pinned them at the top after a very mediocre start. Expect the same for the rest of the season. The Championship is always a volatile league but this season, I have a feeling that it will be more so than usual.

 

We have a few very winnable games coming up. We should review the situation after that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

We dropped two points, that's not a good result
We had one shot on target, that's appalling

No matter how people try and cover up for this fella and the Chairman.

They are screwing this club up

No we gained 1 point they dropped 2 points 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

We dropped two points, that's not a good result
We had one shot on target, that's appalling

No matter how people try and cover up for this fella and the Chairman.

They are screwing this club up

Dropped two points! You have to laugh

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t watch the game until today. To be fair I think we battled well against a good side. They made us look very average, but then again, we are very average under JL as he’s hampered himself by leaving half his tools in the garage.

 

Anyhow, after the euphoria of not receiving a thumping defeat on national TV, I have to remind people that we’ve picked up just 1 point out of 15.

 

He should be packing his bags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

 

I have no idea of your age, nor of the football you've witnessed, ( very little, by the looks of things )  but our tactics allowed us to be under the cosh.
The embarrassment, was in our tactics.

We held on to a nil nil....  because that's what Jos ordered, in his style of play. ZERO attacking intent.
 

one point in fifteen, and you're happy lollol

As I type, we are 17th   4 points from relegation.

And you're happy ? lollol

i'll be delighted if come may we are 17th …….all I saw last night was a very good game from 2 sides who gave there all .if you think that's embarrassing then we are poles apart in what we expect from the team . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

what's so wrong with wanting the team to do better  than they are doing when we have players that can do better and have proved it ,not much to ask is it when fans are paying a good lump of their wages every week to see turgid football cause the team can't be arsed, or the manager isn't doing his job ,whatever the cause it needs sorting or we will end up being irvinesque and dare not pick a team without fear of losing no matter who we play

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, james o connor said:

It’s embarrassing isn’t it . The club is such a joke . I’ve never received so many texts from non Wednesday supportimg mates as during that match 

 

‘how do you cope watching that shower every week’ etc etc 

I usually squirm at your ‘harsh’ comments, but for once I agree, we are dire and raw opinions like yours need to be be taken very seriously by the club. We have all seen how bad things can get if we accept that things are just the way they are, we nearly went out of business at one time. It is time for the club and us to stop been so sensitive and to really sort this out, because despite commending some of the lads git last night to get a draw, the actual football was possibly the worst I have ever seen us play. It really is time for us to pick ourselves up from the nearly, accept the criticism when relevant (as a whole, not on individuals so much). And get back on track, we need expectations, desire and something to be proud of again. This ‘transition period’ could go either way and people need to really consider that, just because we are attempting to build, doesn’t mean it will go the right way if the chain of command at the club don’t seriously ask the right questions of themselves. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Im pretty surprised some people cant take the result and performance in context of our current situation

The result was good considering the performance, the performance itself was however a ramification of our situation, which is load and clear, we are a very poor footballing side and lack consistency. I say consistency because the personnel at our disposal have shown they can play better than they did last night. 

 

I think we should as you say consider the situation, take it seriously and face up to it and begin to put things right properly, which includes the management of the club facing reality and reacting, rather than cowering in the corner, which again shows how our situation has manifested into the performance, because thats pretty much what we did last night. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

The result was good considering the performance, the performance itself was however a ramification of our situation, which is load and clear, we are a very poor footballing side and lack consistency. I say consistency because the personnel at our disposal have shown they can play better than they did last night. 

 

I think we should as you say consider the situation, take it seriously and face up to it and begin to put things right properly, which includes the management of the club facing reality and reacting, rather than cowering in the corner, which again shows how our situation has manifested into the performance, because thats pretty much what we did last night. 

 

Absolutely spot on, we are sleep walking into the abyss, with many celebrating a 0 - 0 draw, head in the sand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, billyblack said:

Dropped two points! You have to laugh

 

Oh, I'm laughing alright, at your response lol

really not being funny here.... but.... We dropped two points. What part of that don't you understand ?

3 points for a win

1 for a draw

 



 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...