0 - 0 against the pigs and we are happy

Dot

1 hour ago, Itchy said:

Yes but we all knew it wouldn’t continue the way we were playing.

Take Reach’s worldly goals out of our results and we would be in the relegation places. You can’t rely on those type of goals all season. 

Its easy to split hairs either way - I’d much rather be somewhere in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Itchy said:

Yes but we all knew it wouldn’t continue the way we were playing.

Take Reach’s worldly goals out of our results and we would be in the relegation places. You can’t rely on those type of goals all season. 

For me, I think our recent poor run of results coincides with the loss of Mathias and Forestieri and our long term loss of form coincides with the loss of Hooper and Lee. I think we will pick up results now we’ve got the former back (more pace and goals) and I look forward to seeing the latter two back (or replaced) as soon as possible.

Edited by AwokenGiant

25 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

For me, I think our recent poor run of results coincides with the loss of Mathias and Forestieri and our long term loss of form coincides with the loss of Hooper and Lee. I think we will pick up results now we’ve got the former back (more pace and goals) and I look forward to seeing the latter two back (or replaced) as soon as possible.

Great player though he is , the results haven’t gone well when Forestieri starts. Don’t understand it really why . Who’s Hooper and Lee  , no I’m  only joking  but I can’t them coming back soon , forget them.

i feel we should persevere with João and hopefully Forestieri.

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

And what's worse is that I had to get rid of the calculator that my blades mates said I'd need to count up all the goals Dem Galacticos were going to score.

I know what you mean, some of them thought it was going to be a cricket score. We did a J.O.B on them and people hate to give us some credit. Right now they are bitterly disappointed and feeling a lot worse than us, especially with the international break

On 10/11/2018 at 01:07, Dot said:

we haven't progressed at all since his first game in charge.

We have been under a transfer embargo since his 1st game and were heading towards relegation. Now we have youth coming through the ranks and yes had a bad run but we had a good start to the season before that. I am sure given time he will get us back on track. I think we will finish 12th and release a lot of dead wood in May. Stick with him.

On 10/11/2018 at 01:07, BRADDO said:

You make a very valid point. The 0-0 last January was a terrific result considering the 13 players injured. 11 months on, we appear to be have regressed as we showed far less attacking intent than previously. It was a painful watch. 

The XI that played in January was better than the XI that played on Friday. The  XI that played last September was the best of the 3.

Jan '18

Wildsmith

Palmer - Venancio - Loovens - Fox - Pudil

Wallace - Jones - Reach

Joao - Rhodes

Sept '17

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - van Aken - Reach

Wallace - Lee - Jones - Bannan

Hooper - Fletcher