John Sheridan

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

He wasn’t kept on at Fleetwood and was replaced by the inexperienced Joey Barton because he was so laid back. He gave players days off regular. 

Source: a friend that went to school with me that now plays for Fleetwood. 

And had a 46% games won ratio

I fine it very bizarre calling footballers who are still alive or anybody else for that matter a legend. 

On the subject of JS, it would be a strange appointment based on sentimentality. He's not a proven manager at this leveland for that matter he has no more loyalty to Wednesday than he does to the other clubs he played for. 

If we are going to change manager we need someone who can prove that they can do the job.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Geedee said:

I fine it very bizarre calling footballers who are still alive or anybody else for that matter a legend. 

On the subject of JS, it would be a strange appointment based on sentimentality. He's not a proven manager at this leveland for that matter he has no more loyalty to Wednesday than he does to the other clubs he played for. 

If we are going to change manager we need someone who can prove that they can do the job.

Like Carlos & Jos you mean?

There’s been very little loyalty from SWFC to their managers over the years, the last to leave of his own volition was Ron Atkinson, albeit he joined the now very long ‘sacked’ list when he returned to the club. Sheridan had the best days of his career with SWFC, he was a real jem, however neither party owes the other anything but respect.

29 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Like Carlos & Jos you mean?

Carlos has become one for the haters on this site but he produced some of the best football I have seen at Hillsborough and got us close twice. 

Jos came in with a brief to keep us up and did so with reletive ease. Three games ago we were in the top 6 with a transfer budget that wouldn't keep some people I know in sun bed Tokens :o)

Carlos and it looks like Jos' reign will end in failure. But that's the same for most managerial reigns, good managers get fired. There are very few Fegusons. 

3 hours ago, chrisd0407 said:

It's Wilkinson who should be passing on his wisdom. Beginning to wonder how much influence he has. Of those available MM is still the man for me. Pearson & Megson might have seemed right a few years but neither interest me now TBH.

Wilko is 75 next week, can the bloke not just enjoy his well deserved retirement?

2 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Here's the question: "Howard, do you think Sheffield Wednesdays next manager (ed. there will be one) would better come from the knowledge and experience of a british manager that has lots of experince within the EFL or should we continue to look overseas?"

Okay, so HW says "Yes" to your closed question.

What's the next step then?

It's a no from me, loved watching J. S, but don't think he'd be able to get on with this chairman, bit like Pearson they both have a mean streak and don't mind putting a chairman In his place when he thinks their interfering, has cost both of them in the past. 

We need a manager who's intelligent and eloquent enough to be able to tell our fool of a chairman to begger off and stop interference in words that while he understands, he won't be upset and chuck a strop... 

Its a pity wilko' is too old now and wouldn't do it  and we lost uncle Bobby Robson a few years ago, those two could call chairman, referees, journalists the whole lot a dim witted useless plant pot, yet say it so charmingly they wouldn't even realise they'd been insulted lol