John Sheridan

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Things at Hillsborough haven’t felt good for quite some time - with a brief respite towards the end of last season when Luhukays brand of football (coupled with a rare purple patch for Nuhiu) combined to deliver safety along with some great performances. Including the 5-1 last game against Norwich. Ironically Saturdays visitors were also Norwich - and they completely dismantled us.

The whole atmosphere right now appears to be one of apathy, of resignation to our fate, the fans are extremely divided and have been for some time, the playing squad also appears divided from the outside with experienced pro’s apparently frozen out, bizarre squad selections, tactics… Everything about the club appears disjointed.

The club, its fans, the players and staff need pulling together. When Chris Wilder was appointed at Bramall Lane its reported that he hired a local cricket club, and every single member of staff at the club, the players and coaching staff were invited to attend a club day - food and drink put on - and he gave a speech where he told everybody that the club could really go places if every single person that was there that day pulled in the same direction. And that if anybody at any time didn't feel part of things - then they should go to him, rregardless of where in the club they worked and he would sort things.

We have rarely looked more in need of something like that - and thats why I personally believe that the catalyst to that for Sheffield Wednesday would be the appointment of John Sheridan. Hes a man who knows (and loves) the club, and its fans. The fans would be behind him from day 1. He played at the very top level for many years - a flair player. His teams play great football. The players would hopefully respect him for that. He would bring his passion to the technical area - hes a winner - at Fleetwood last season he won 46% of all his games - and it was a travesty he wasn’t retained.

I’m aware he likes a pint - and maybe thats why he hasn’t been selected to make the step up to the higher divisions - but it never really hurt Sir Alex. Or Cloughie. I can think of no person I’d rather turn our team and its performances around.

And importantly - after watching Jos sit motionless, expressionless on the bench for the first 15 minutes of Saturdays 2nd half while his team conceded 3 goals without making a tactical switch or substitution - I can think of nobody better than Shez to stand opposite Wilder in the technical area this coming Friday night.

But Mick McCarthy would do as well…

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Things at Hillsborough haven’t felt good for quite some time - with a brief respite towards the end of last season when Luhukays brand of football (coupled with a rare purple patch for Nuhiu) combined to deliver safety along with some great performances. Including the 5-1 last game against Norwich. Ironically Saturdays visitors were also Norwich - and they completely dismantled us.

The whole atmosphere right now appears to be one of apathy, of resignation to our fate, the fans are extremely divided and have been for some time, the playing squad also appears divided from the outside with experienced pro’s apparently frozen out, bizarre squad selections, tactics… Everything about the club appears disjointed.

The club, its fans, the players and staff need pulling together. When Chris Wilder was appointed at Bramall Lane its reported that he hired a local cricket club, and every single member of staff at the club, the players and coaching staff were invited to attend a club day - food and drink put on - and he gave a speech where he told everybody that the club could really go places if every single person that was there that day pulled in the same direction. And that if anybody at any time didn't feel part of things - then they should go to him, rregardless of where in the club they worked and he would sort things.

We have rarely looked more in need of something like that - and thats why I personally believe that the catalyst to that for Sheffield Wednesday would be the appointment of John Sheridan. Hes a man who knows (and loves) the club, and its fans. The fans would be behind him from day 1. He played at the very top level for many years - a flair player. His teams play great football. The players would hopefully respect him for that. He would bring his passion to the technical area - hes a winner - at Fleetwood last season he won 46% of all his games - and it was a travesty he wasn’t retained.

I’m aware he likes a pint - and maybe thats why he hasn’t been selected to make the step up to the higher divisions - but it never really hurt Sir Alex. Or Cloughie. I can think of no person I’d rather turn our team and its performances around.

And importantly - after watching Jos sit motionless, expressionless on the bench for the first 15 minutes of Saturdays 2nd half while his team conceded 3 goals without making a tactical switch or substitution - I can think of nobody better than Shez to stand opposite Wilder in the technical area this coming Friday night.

No thanks, he's a legend here and i want to leave it like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
6 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

just because he played for us doesn't mean he will be a success,he's been rubbish at every club he's managed at

Well thats complete ballax

19 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ex players as managers,no thank you,Wilkinson and Francis aside they've all pretty much tanked.

It will take an exceptional manager now to turn this around because the club has been mismanaged for three years.

Whoever comes in to replace Jos...and it may take a few more bad defeats, must be able to manage on several fronts at the same time.

He’s somehow got to manage Chansiri and put him right about so many things he gets wrong.

He’s got manage the transfer dealing

He’s got to manage and coach the team

AND He’s got to manage the media enough to get them behind him. Bit like Carlos did at first when the pundits loved him.

Sheridan is surely not that man.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

It will take an exceptional manager now to turn this around because the club has been mismanaged for three years.

Whoever comes in to replace Jos...and it may take a few more bad defeats, must be able to manage on several fronts at the same time.

He’s somehow got to manage Chansiri and put him right about so many things he gets wrong.

He’s got manage the transfer dealing

He’s got to manage and coach the team

AND He’s got to manage the media enough to get them behind him. Bit like Carlos did at first when the pundits loved him.

Spot on. 

26 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Well thats complete ballax

Not a dig but where has he had long term success. My impression is that he hasn't had a great deal of success. Happy to be proved wrong and save me having to trawl Google.

We are too far gone.

No Manager can sort this mess out.

We need a change of day to day control, and a new plan from top to bottom.

Ticketing, cooperate, community, wage structure, contracts, the stadium, relationships with the fans, etc, etc, etc. Everything is foooked and not where it should be.

The club needs a new leader who knows how to bring fans together, and harness their strength, not divide and rob them.

All just my own view, and in no way saying that this is fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1