Tom Lees

He’s been woeful all season and shouldn’t retain his place Friday. Now Loovens isn’t here to organise and hold his hand in games he looks a completely different player from before. Distribution is very poor and was beat in the air regularly today by a 5ft 10 striker. Defence is in crisis Loovens and Venancio were bigger players for us than many realised at the time. 

1 minute ago, swfcjack27 said:

He’s been woeful all season and shouldn’t retain his place Friday. Now Loovens isn’t here to organise and hold his hand in games he looks a completely different player from before. Distribution is very poor and was beat in the air regularly today by a 5ft 10 striker. Defence is in crisis Loovens and Venancio were bigger players for us than many realised at the time. 

This. His positional play without Loovens is woeful.

I think it's a bit harsh to say he has been woeful all s4eason.  That is not the case.  

We probably should have gone back to the 352 today.  That was what I was expecting.  

Should he be dropped next game? The answer from me would be a no. 

• Like 1

tbh my biggest wtf with the defensive selection was playing a back 4 but dropping player of the month Hector and playing Pudil ahead of him and Thorniley. He's alright as the left sided CB in a back 3 but he shouldn't be playing there in a partnership barring an emergency.

Then again maybe the reasoning was that Lees needs an experienced head alongside him. It didn't work, anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Our best centre half in the past twenty years. This clowns tactics have left him a shaking mess. Play to your strengths you German bongo 

Not even the best centre half at the club right now. Hutchinson is much better as a centre half. Better decision maker, better in the air, reads the game just as well if not better, distribution light years ahead. Much better leader too.