That miss by Palmer

1 minute ago, bigsheff said:

It was a bad miss... but it least he's showing ambition & putting a shift in getting into those positions.

It's easy to bash a right back for missing a chance like that, it'd be nice if some of our strikers got into positions like that let alone score from them.

That’s what I don’t get with some of the posts on here,  he’s always trying to get up the pitch, just a Shiite finisher but can be useful 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigsheff said:

It was a bad miss... but it least he's showing ambition & putting a shift in getting into those positions.

It's easy to bash a right back for missing a chance like that, it'd be nice if some of our strikers got into positions like that let alone score from them.

True. 

Tbf it was really good play from him before the horror miss. 

Have to say I think he's been ok this season (better than Baker). 

I wish the manager would just stick with one or the other, rather than the constant rotating nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think that miss might top his effort against Newcastle a few years ago. 

With that one he brought the ball down brilliantly from a Sam Hutchinson raking pass...and then proceeded to sky it out of St James Park. 

His miss away at Villa was also a classic.

At least he's getting into those positions. Just a shame he can't finish but what do you expect from a full back

If that had been Nuhiu, there'd be a 28 page discussion about it on here 

I really don’t rate Palmer, but having heard about the miss all day yesterday I expected it to be worse. Maybe because I was expecting it to be so bad it took the gloss off it.

Still has to be scoring, but I can see how he’s skied it. Weaker foot, on the bounce. Garbage but missable.

14 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

He’s the single worst player I’ve ever seen in my 53 years of watching Wednesday....... feel free to neg !

I’ve never thought him up to the task. Even as backup for a championship club, but that’s a bit strong. 

We’ve seen dozens far worse than him.

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’ve never thought him up to the task. Even as backup for a championship club, but that’s a bit strong. 

We’ve seen dozens far worse than him.

No we haven’t ..... whilever we carry on with dross like this we’ll remain exactly where we are .... maybe even lower!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

I like Palmer. But any 20 odd year old pub player can run around and show ambition.

That's not a criteria for a professional footballer

Just now, casbahowl said:

No we haven’t ..... whilever we carry on with dross like this we’ll remain exactly where we are .... maybe even lower!

I agree with that. Just saying he’s hardly the worst player to grace our team was my point.

I’ve said im a thread before I’ve no idea what he offers. I put out a long list to those who rated him. Nobody could defend what I said. He offers very little.

23 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

He’s the single worst player I’ve ever seen in my 53 years of watching Wednesday....... feel free to neg !

Not watched that many games then in the 70's . I could reel off at least 50 worse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

some would say that about fox but I thought without a doubt he was our best player ,set the goal up, last ditch tackle etc . palmer might be the worst finisher ever though