Reach to Wolves ?

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

£10 million and they can have him ,A few wonder strikes doesn't cover the 1 in 5 good games he plays 

Use the fee and his wages to get a new cb (captain material),right back and a nutter in midfield

Player of the season last year and heading that way this season.

Your analysis of him is crap

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Boro sold Adama Traore for £18m in the summer. Reach scores more, assists more and is more consistent. Add him being English to that and it's £20m+.

If we did sell him. Which I hope we don't.

Traore is also younger, had over 40 Premier League appearances and a Barcelona appearance under his belt. 

You're paying for the reputation and potential with Traore... in the grand scheme of things a couple of goals and assists in the second tier won't count for much

If Wolves came in for Reach in January then the questions for me are

are we going to get promoted if we keep Reach, probably not

are we going to get relegated if we sell him, probably not if we brought in a couple of loans to cover

If the fee is big enough to solve our FFP problems then we would have to sell in my view

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

You're all nutters, he's the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 and is only game changer we have at the moment!

Yes he may go missing at times but he can carry a ball, has unlimited engine and has venom in both boots.  

Let's keep him and try and get promoted!

DKuuwQc.gif

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

For me, he's a genuine £12-15mil player in this form, but I do wonder (dread) what on earth we would do with the money.

I trust Jos's judgement. Brought in Joey for next to nothing, The two new loanees look decent players as well.  Not sure how much FFP rules will restrict the spending though.

3 hours ago, Animis said:

They'll be a few PL teams looking at Reach - his recent goals and exposure if nothing else raises his stock.

Reach is definitely worth around £12m in today's market which would clearly assist our financial worries.

If, as other people on here seem to suggest, we have written this season off to concentrate on blooding players for next season, why not sell him, providing of course we are looking safe by the end of January.

Got to be more than 12m in my view. Adama Traore cost them 18m and he isn’t subject to the English premium either. Players like Tom Cairney were quoted north of 15m and that should be our starting point if we were to even consider selling. It’s got to completely sort us out and put us on the front foot.

Guest Grez Bez

We rejected a £9M offer for him in the summer; I think he is worth £15M as a minimum .

He's a superb player and without him we would have no creative outlet (other than Fessi). Reach can make something happen from nowhere which is lucky as I don;t remember us making many clear cut chances this season!

We shouldn’t undersell him. English, 25, tall, 2 footed, can head the ball. Play in 2/3 positions, doesn’t let his head drop and has captain potential. He was likened (slightly tongue in cheek) to Bale at PNE and has the attributes a lot of teams would want but can’t find.

Hes not necessarily our only route out of FFP and it would be a blow to lose him so anyone who wants him will be made to pay a ransom, I think that’s the only way DC would sanction it. The thing is though, Wolves have a history of paying those kind of prices.

Boro may also get a cut so we’d need the price to sort us on that too.

46 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If Wolves came in for Reach in January then the questions for me are

are we going to get promoted if we keep Reach, probably not

are we going to get relegated if we sell him, probably not if we brought in a couple of loans to cover

If the fee is big enough to solve our FFP problems then we would have to sell in my view

Sadly I think this may well be the case. 

I have a feeling that we must have come to some agreement with the EFL regarding raising revenue by selling players to get the FFP embargo lifted.

3 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Sadly I think this may well be the case. 

I have a feeling that we must have come to some agreement with the EFL regarding raising revenue by selling players to get the FFP embargo lifted.

I think thats the bitter pill we all have to swallow.

Its hard for Wednesday fans, cos its been nigh on two decades since the big league, and you can blame none of us for thinking....."God another  2 years of this then?"

But thats what we face.

You can say the club messed up, and we by and large bought into it, the first couple of years, most of the Carlos stuff on here is hindsighght,it might well be right but its hindsight

The Westwood stuff, the purchases, Boyd, Jones, Abdi, the injuries....

Then to top it all off ..FFP, and the doom mongering promises of DC at the meeting...."We must go up this year?"!

"OK ...Go on then"

Not going to happen is it?

I'll howl 'em on untilthe dream is a bloody disappearing cloud over the Pennines, but thats what it is...We have all witnessed what we have to offer ..Its honest, its endeavour but , lets be straight, its unlikely to get us up

We have to sell someone of value this season, its harsh, but we really do..We need to compete...to stay in this league next season , and hard as it is to simply write off two years...its sadly looking like thats what we have to do.

How DC sells this next season will be interesting, cos he will have to make some sort of commitment to the fans...and raising the price and offering absolutely f.ook all,bar stasis...Is not going to go down well

Is it?

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

Player of the season last year and heading that way this season.

Your analysis of him is crap

My analysis is perfectly fine thank you 

Wow he got player of the season for a midtable finishing team ,barca must be on the  hunt

What did Marcus Maddison go to Leicester for 25 mill in the summer? Reach at the moment is as effective for us as Maddison was for Norwich last season and the January window is notoriously over valued, add to this Wolves are absolutely caked up. Factor in Reach being 25 years of Age and English, transfer market "logic" dictates if this was a player playing for any other club I would genuinely be suggesting 15 mill or north to sell in January. He is a player who under Jos has become pivotal to any form of success for us at the moment If we sell him mid season with no obvious replacement lined up or us being able to afford one straight away due to FFP or whatever it is called now it would take a bid of massive proportion for us to consider selling as interest in him will still be there in the summer should we need to sell. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

My analysis is perfectly fine thank you 

Wow he got player of the season for a midtable finishing team ,barca must be on the  hunt

Way off the mark. 

Stepped up last season when we had a Massive injury list. Was immense and was one of the main reasons we pulled away from the teams at the bottom. Has also proved the boo boys wrong. Credit where credits due.