Reach to Wolves ?

27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No one wants our best players to go, but these last few years we've been guilty of holding on to players for far too long and missing out.

If you bag £10-£15m for him, you can easily get two or three good players from the continent for that. Even if you can only use say half of it as a mitigation against FFP, there's still scope for a very adequate replacement

Exactly this. It's how modern football works and it's the way you move forward as a club. It requires buying and selling atbthe right time. For the last 3 year's we've only been playing half the game. A risky strategy that nearly worked, but now it's going to bite us on the arse, unless we get lucky with something like this and someone bids £15m for Reach or Nando if he gets back to form.

Example in point- Tom Lees. We could possibly have sold for £6m 18 months ago. Would we take that now?

I really like Adam Reach and he’s getting better with every season that passes at Hillsborough.

That said every player has his price and bearing in mind DC said we were in trouble if we didn’t go up this season (which I don’t think we will), I’d let him go for somewhere between £15m-£20m.

Added to that Fessi is out of contract at the end of next season so if we can get £8m for him in January or next Summer and that’s at least £23m right there.

Also with Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Fox, Matias, Hooper and Lee out of contract in the summer, it would give us a real opportunity to clear the decks, get the FFP monkey off our backs and give the manager decent funds to build a side capable of mounting a top 6 challenge.

26 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Exactly this. It's how modern football works and it's the way you move forward as a club. It requires buying and selling atbthe right time. For the last 3 year's we've only been playing half the game. A risky strategy that nearly worked, but now it's going to bite us on the arse, unless we get lucky with something like this and someone bids £15m for Reach or Nando if he gets back to form.

Example in point- Tom Lees. We could possibly have sold for £6m 18 months ago. Would we take that now?

After Friday night we’d be lucky to get 6p.

Time we grew a pair and start asking stupid money like the other clubs do to us.

£20 million is a fair price for the Prem fat cats.

Either they pay or he stays. Lets be greedy for once.

I'm fed up of Wednesday getting shafted in the transfer market.

Same with Penney, FF etc - we are desperate for money and here is a golden opportunity to get some!

Just don't blow it on 30 something crocks or give it to Doyen again :duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He isn’t good enough for them. I wouldn’t want him to go as he is our only player that’s always fit and you can always rely on. They can have ff 

He is, and it's the latter point is one of the reasons he'll be in demand in January.

He'll look even better with better players around him. Said from the beginning he'll play in the PL with or without us, sadly looks like it'll be without 

Edited by Ash76

Guest wilyfox

Would be a great move for Reach career-wise. I'd be sad to see him go. Some of his goals are strikes as good as you'll ever see here. But, if the money is huge, I'd hope DC will start listening. We need to start over. I was hoping we'd sell FF in the summer. Rehabbed well from injury and finished last season strongly. We held too long. When he does eventually depart, I bet we get a fraction of what he was once worth. 

Edited by wilyfox

14 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Time we grew a pair and start asking stupid money like the other clubs do to us.

£20 million is a fair price for the Prem fat cats.

Either they pay or he stays. Lets be greedy for once.

I'm fed up of Wednesday getting shafted in the transfer market.

Same with Penney, FF etc - we are desperate for money and here is a golden opportunity to get some!

Just don't blow it on 30 something crocks or give it to Doyen again :duntmatter:

I agree with, we should talk up our players not sell them on the cheap..

Villa were asking fortunes for Grealish , he is no better than Reach..The EPL is full of players who have failed to live up to the transfer paid for them..

Lets start at £40 million and see what happens....

If the rumours last summer were true that we’d put £20mill on Forestieri’s head, then we should be looking at the same for Reach.

Easily one of my favourite Wednesday players at the minute, but I’d drive him to Plymouth if they offered £15million.