Sam Hutchinson

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yes, he was deservedly hauled off at half-time. 

He's one of our senior players now, so I think Jos would be expecting a bit more tbh. 

No denying his talent and what a good player he has been in the past, but at the moment that's all it is. 

The penalty was his fault. However, we were at least competitive 1st half down there. Second half we could easily have conceded half a dozen which suggests there were worse performers than him that day.

Always injured, think he's played about 10 games since the start of last season.  And it might not be a popular opinion, but he's not actually very good. 

We are carrying way too much clutter like this in the squad, so it's no surprise if we struggle to keep up with the teams at the top.  He's not the only one, but we need to get rid asap. 

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Hutch is our 20th best midfielder.

Boyd is our 23rd best midfielder.

Jones is our 29th best midfielder.

Westwood is our 3rd best keeper.

Honest.

One of these things is not like the others

One of these things does not quite belong

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

by the time I’ve finished this song?

Hint: it ain’t the guy whose name adorns the thread title 

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Like I say, no response to numerous valid points. 

The only point you have made with any validity is the fact that the last time he played he was (like a hell of a lot around him) he was poor and gave away a needless penalty................yet it seem just him and FF were singled out for "the treatment".

You then go on to make some vague assumption about it being "down to him" that he isn

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Like I say, no response to numerous valid points. 

The only point you make with any validity is that the last time he played (like a hell of a lot around him ) he was awful and gave away a needless penalty...........yet it seems only him and FF were given the "treatment"

You then go on to make some vague assumption that maybe the reason he isn`t playing is "down to him"

My opinion is based on what i have seen over the last three years , not the last 90 mins he played , and that opinion is IF fully fit then he should be in the first 11 or at the very least until he gets up to speed on the bench.

Last season we had a first team unable to play because of injury this season we have a first team unable to play because well no one knows - are they injured, not allowed to play, unfit your guess is as good as mine

Westwood, Fox, Van Aken, Lee, Hutchinson, Hooper, Boyd, Matias, Jones. A lot of wages just sat in the stand watching the matches.   

22 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I agree. It’s poor when fans see what system we should go with and there’s Carlos going with a 4-4-2 with winger pushed in and relying on his full backs for width. Bizarre!

I still think we are a 4-3-3 side and I’d like Jos to start thinking how to get the best out of our current crop of players rather than worrying about the opposition. I’m convinced a front 3 suits us with 2 players flanking a central striker and Id like to see Bannan and Onomah in the engine room with a defensive player behind. Play to your strengths and see where it takes you! This league is open this year and that’s evident from the results yesterday. 

this! play to the strengths of the players you HAVE, not the one you wish you could play if you HAD those type of players ! [  

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

He needs to be starting ASAP. One of our best players either at the back or in midfield.

Cant be ignored if he is being any longer !!!

I agree. You get the usual suspects on here saying he’s finished, he’s this and that. I’d play him defensive midfield in a 4-3-3. I acknowledge that Joey has improved in games recently but he’s not at the same level of Hutch. 

If we continue to play 3 at the back, then maybe he’s a better option back there as he’s better on the ball then Lees and Thorniley. This system requires players at the back to start attacks and bring the ball forward which the Pigs do.

I hope he’s on the bench as a minimum tomorrow - the 18 man squad needs strengthening.

21 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If doing that in front of 20 odd thousand of your home fans and costing your team the game isn't a wake up call, I don't know what it. 

He will never make a error like that again.

Its not one error tho. Yes he cost us a goal this time but he's be like a rabbit in the headlights when the ball is at his feet all season, its only going to get worse now.

Chris Holt of the Sheffield start made a brilliant point about him on Twitter, when he played alongside Loovens and Loovens was the leader Lees performances were top notch. Since he hasn't and hes become the leader his performances have dropped. He's not the same player. This is very accurate.

For me he should have done better with the first goal Friday, cost us the second and should have scored at the end (imagine Reda Johnson at the back post, the lot would have been in the back of the net).

Lees has a part to play just not as captain. He should play in the center of a back 3 or in a 2 or not at all. Now dropping him and stripping him of the captaincy now is not the way to go as I don't think that would help him but its how you get the best of him without destroying him. That being said id play Hutch RCB v QPR tomorrow. 

On 21/10/2018 at 11:55, SiJ said:

Yes, he was deservedly hauled off at half-time. 

He's one of our senior players now, so I think Jos would be expecting a bit more tbh. 

No denying his talent and what a good player he has been in the past, but at the moment that's all it is. 

But this is the same for any good player - you are only as good as your next game. 

Reality is, Pelupessy starting to show why he's in there instead of him. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

there seems to be a lot of speculation around Hutch falling out with Jos when it might simply be a case of Jos wanting him to be 100% fit in HIS mind rather than Sams so that when he is brought back in to the fray, he doesn't collapse again which has been an issue in the past .. he defo do one hell of a job at centre back alongside Hector

the only man that seems to have got the best out of him is Stuart Gray as he restricted his game time and limited his training ... i know when CC came in, Hutch practically played when available and trained a lot which will have caused his body to break down ...

i honestly believe that is the case. there is no agenda or conspiracy or what not ..

also we need his bite and aggression on the pitch cos we have a bunch of right flowers in the team .. even Pessy isn't a snappy terrier like player ... more often than not, he pulls out of challenges or fails to close players down and put them off .. look at Barnes goal for instance

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I agree. You get the usual suspects on here saying he’s finished, he’s this and that. I’d play him defensive midfield in a 4-3-3. I acknowledge that Joey has improved in games recently but he’s not at the same level of Hutch. 

If we continue to play 3 at the back, then maybe he’s a better option back there as he’s better on the ball then Lees and Thorniley. This system requires players at the back to start attacks and bring the ball forward which the Pigs do.

I hope he’s on the bench as a minimum tomorrow - the 18 man squad needs strengthening.

Couldn't argue with any of this.

In a 4 at the back he starts CM with Bannan (and yes for the haters he gets told to play further up the field and stay in his position, which Jos will do).

In a three at the back Hutchinson Hector Thornley for me.