Fernando injured

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The training pitch up to its old tricks again. 

No idea but joint injuries are normally impact injuries and most of our injuries of late seem to happen in training, either the players are flying in with challenges - and I think Hutch has done this in the past or there is something in it.

Edited by room0035

Matias appearance's has been an absolute joke situation , the little spell he's had recently could actually be the longest run he's had in the side since we signed him in the summer of 2015 ,along with Hooper and Abdi there can't be many other clubs with as many crocks on the books 

38 minutes ago, steveraper said:

Correlation does not mean causation.

Did you not read where I said there are MANY other factors, and I used the term SUPPORT, rather than proves.

You've probably read that 'train going past the church at 12pm every day doesn't cause the bells to ring', its a correlation. There is no mechanism for cause. The 2 events don't have any affect on each other

However if you understand this argument, you'd also understand that the a team losing it's top score is likely to have a negative. In the case of FF it DID. Therefore its very safe to suggest that there is a direct causal link between FF absence and our poor return in 2017/18. 

If it was a change in the team lady, I'd agree with you.

Team without him then.. 

DAWSON 

PALMER      LEES.       HECTOR    PENNEY 

PELUPESSY.   BANNAN

REACH.          ONOMAH          JOAO

NUHIU 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Team without him then.. 

DAWSON 

PALMER      LEES.       HECTOR    PENNEY 

PELUPESSY.   BANNAN

REACH.          ONOMAH          JOAO

NUHIU 

Take out dave for fletcher 

9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Did you not read where I said there are MANY other factors, and I used the term SUPPORT, rather than proves.

You've probably read that 'train going past the church at 12pm every day doesn't cause the bells to ring', its a correlation. There is no mechanism for cause. The 2 events don't have any affect on each other

However if you understand this argument, you'd also understand that the a team losing it's top score is likely to have a negative. In the case of FF it DID. Therefore its very safe to suggest that there is a direct causal link between FF absence and our poor return in 2017/18. 

If it was a change in the team lady, I'd agree with you.

They have a Team lady!?

Great life these footballers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Depends on your definition of cope. And there are many other factors/players which have influence on a teams final table position,

but this simple table doesn't support your case

aaaaaff.JPG

You have to go back two years to find a period where we were better with FF starting than without him or as a sub.

However, no question he has been a superb sub in the last couple of seasons. Tomorrow we will have only fairly like for like swaps on the bench. We will surely start Nuhiu-Joao or Fletch-Joao, with the other one a sub. Hardly a massive style change. FF brings real short-burst pace and energy. Very big loss.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You have to go back two years to find a period where we were better with FF starting than without him or as a sub.

However, no question he has been a superb sub in the last couple of seasons. Tomorrow we will have only fairly like for like swaps on the bench. We will surely start Nuhiu-Joao or Fletch-Joao, with the other one a sub. Hardly a massive style change. FF brings real short-burst pace and energy. Very big loss.

I'd prefer the more robust season end tables, when FF started a lot,we got in the play-offs, with him finishing top scorer.

The season he didn't start a lot, we flunked. Thankfully the recovery in 17/18 was well underway before FF late return, but he certainly came back smashed a few goals in & put our survival beyond any doubt.

His loss is felt more than any player IMO. Looks at Bannan (& Lee's) appearance/absence pattern during season 17/18. No other player has been anywhere near as influential as FF, over the last 3 years.

Please don't show me that when FF returned against Leeds and WBA, we didn't win, where as we did against Reading, Ipswich & Millwall.

There you demonstrate a real correlation/cause misunderstanding.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Do you really need a description?  

Yes please. It's common knowledge that we need to sell to balance the books. FF is one of the few players who could still command a fee that could make a significant dent in out p&s requirements. His contribution over the last 18 months has been small compared to our other valuable players such as reach and bannan. So yes selling him if he can still command a decent fee would be a sensible option for me and preferable to losing either of the other 2. Let's also not forget he's not getting any younger. His value will only go down from here. All well run clubs know when you cash in the chips.