Mid table team

20 hours ago, vulva said:

Written all over us. Very honest bunch, but a better side would have closed that down. Barnes should have been brought down 50 yards from goal. 

Wednesday at the minute remind me of an old boxer, the type wheeled out to get better boxers in shape. Honest, durable and organised, with many matches going the distance. We won’t get sparked out in the first, but we havn’t got enough nouse to move up a weight. We were playing 6 at the back tonight for large parts. 

Thought Pellupessy had his best game tonight. Hector is a good defender but he’s playing for us in the Championship because his distribution isn’t good enough. That’s worrying, because Tom Lees is similar. 

Did you watch the last 15 minutes?

I think the back 3 will be stronger when Joost returns, Lees/Hector are a really good duo but both too similar, Joost although not the best defender can play out the back, so we shouldn't be exposed so much when teams pressure us high up the pitch. 

We might not be the slick machine we saw in flashes with CC, but we have played OK against at the time the two best teams in the division, WBA & Leeds. On a different week we could have come away with 6 points, not 2. Glass half full.

I think with some small adjustments we can challenge for the top 6 atleast, one big positive for us is nobody is running away with the league, we are only SIX points off 1st...

Edited by Lionel Fessi

20 hours ago, vulva said:

Written all over us. Very honest bunch, but a better side would have closed that down. Barnes should have been brought down 50 yards from goal. 

Wednesday at the minute remind me of an old boxer, the type wheeled out to get better boxers in shape. Honest, durable and organised, with many matches going the distance. We won’t get sparked out in the first, but we havn’t got enough nouse to move up a weight. We were playing 6 at the back tonight for large parts. 

Thought Pellupessy had his best game tonight. Hector is a good defender but he’s playing for us in the Championship because his distribution isn’t good enough. That’s worrying, because Tom Lees is similar. 

Funny you make the boxing analogy because it struck me last night how our current tactics mirror Ali’s rope a dope tactics in the Rumble in the jungle. We continually surrender possession to the opposition, relying on trying to pick teams on the break. I think this tactic will be what seals our fate as a mid table team. All teams that succeed in the Championship go for the win realising the value of 3 points in this dog eat dog division. Like Ali himself this tactic won’t do us any good in the long run. 

There's a pretty good team in there somewhere. Flashes of some real quality but often undermined by poor choices and game management.

We may well get there, but one suspects they'll be more bumps in the road. 

17 hours ago, Almat said:

Don't know why i have to keep repeating myself but over the last 10 games we are Top 6! Not last 3 games, not last 6 but the last 10 games which is more representative of consistency. Those 2 late goals last night have caused a massive overreaction of negativity on here....

Unfortunately the season is over 46 games and not ten, over 46 games we will be too inconsistent to reach the top 6. 

22 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because he is a natural leader and has the bit we are missing. Lees is not a captain.

I am by no means excusing the Brentford game. But we have a player there who has what we lack and can make us better. Should be used.

He's a natural cripple who plays 20-25 games a season.  He's also a bang average player who either damages himself or the team with his own ridiculous decisions.

Lees may not be a captain, but Hutchinson is a million miles off,

Seems like a nice bloke, but the further away from the team the better imo . 

On 5 October 2018 at 11:15, Lee A said:

He's a natural cripple who plays 20-25 games a season.  He's also a bang average player who either damages himself or the team with his own ridiculous decisions.

Lees may not be a captain, but Hutchinson is a million miles off,

Seems like a nice bloke, but the further away from the team the better imo . 

All about opinions but I disagree with all of this 

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

We've moved up 6 places since this thread was created a few days ago. Any Negative Nigels tempted to change their minds yet? lol

I was a Positive Percy and no I haven’t. Still think we will make top six or better.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:29, vulva said:

Think you have revised us up from struggling to mid table when will you considering us top half team. Quarter of season gone and still improving.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I was a Positive Percy and no I haven’t. Still think we will make top six or better.

59 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

18 points from the last 9.  Obvious mid-table form.  Why can't you see that?

50 minutes ago, Almat said:

Yeah, 2 points per game should see us on 92 points come season's end Good enough for 12th? lol

If only there was a way to rank teams so you could all see how wrong you are and how we are so mid table!! 

• Haha 2