Mid table team

Written all over us. Very honest bunch, but a better side would have closed that down. Barnes should have been brought down 50 yards from goal. 

Wednesday at the minute remind me of an old boxer, the type wheeled out to get better boxers in shape. Honest, durable and organised, with many matches going the distance. We won’t get sparked out in the first, but we havn’t got enough nouse to move up a weight. We were playing 6 at the back tonight for large parts. 

Thought Pellupessy had his best game tonight. Hector is a good defender but he’s playing for us in the Championship because his distribution isn’t good enough. That’s worrying, because Tom Lees is similar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Written all over us. Very honest bunch, but a better side would have closed that down. Barnes should have been brought down 50 yards from goal. 

Wednesday at the minute remind me of an old boxer, the type wheeled out to get better boxers in shape. Honest, durable and organised, with many matches going the distance. We won’t get sparked out in the first, but we havn’t got enough nouse to move up a weight. We were playing 6 at the back tonight for large parts. 

Thought Pellupessy had his best game tonight. Hector is a good defender but he’s playing for us in the Championship because his distribution isn’t good enough. That’s worrying, because Tom Lees is similar. 

I agree... But where do you think forest will finish this season?

Clearly a mid table team at the moment but this team is capable of growing into the season and I expect us to. Will it be enough to get us into the top 6? Probably not but I’m happy with the work Jos is doing, the signs are encouraging 

I agree that we look like a mid table team, I still think we are capable of better!

Jos isn't getting the best out of the players far from it. 

I still think we have the players to make a push for the playoffs.

A mediocre side will make the playoffs this season!

• Haha 1

Disagree.

Getting better all the time.

First 3 games....awful.

Last 8 games.... DDWLDWWW

One defeat in 8. 15 points from 8. Genuinely think we are learning with every game, and will stutter and stammer to halfway, then get really strong and ease into the play-offs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Disagree.

First 3 games....awful.

One defeat in 8. 15 points from 8. Genuinely think we are learning with every game, and will stutter and stammer to halfway, then get really strong and ease into the play-offs.

All about opinions. I don’t think we’ve got a prayer. Don’t forget in January that other teams will have a good go in the transfer market. We can’t, and we might be backed into the corner with the likes of Reach and FF. 

This young team will hit the buffers at some point, and getting to May and clearing the decks will be a huge blessing.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I agree that we look like a mid table team, I still think we are capable of better!

Jos isn't getting the best out of the players far from it. 

I still think we have the players to make a push for the playoffs.

A mediocre side will make the playoffs this season!

Unsure if you’re blind, stupid or both?

We lack nounce, mental toughness and most importantly a winning attitude, we could still be a top six side this year, but only if jos can sort out the at times  fragile mentality and naivity of our game. Some times you have to be a bit nasty to get what you need... Nice guys don't win things... Bruno vs tyson from the old days springs to mid. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

All about opinions. I don’t think we’ve got a prayer. Don’t forget in January that other teams will have a good go in the transfer market. We can’t, and we might be backed into the corner with the likes of Reach and FF. 

This young team will hit the buffers at some point, and getting to May and clearing the decks will be a huge blessing.  

I think the contrary.

The kids - Dawson, Penney and Thorniley - are gaining experience and confidence with every game. 

Bannan, Reach, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Forestieri, Hector, Lees.....enough fit quality to be the mainstay of a Play-Off side.

Hooper, Lee, Joao, Winnall...possibly the icing on the cake. I know Joao isn’t injured, but his form is in, out, shake it all about. Could kick on. Could go back to plop.

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Great shout on hectors distribution, I thought it had gone unnoticed 

Good defender but he picked the wrong pass half a dozen times tonight, nearly every central pass he cocked up 

I agree and said from start

I don't think its a bad thing tho

we will give anyone a game in this league ,win a few then lose a few

we're too good to go down .

for me this season is seeing the young lads blossom from u23s to proper professional footballers

also don't think it helps that the pigs are doing well but I fully expect them to fack it up again

• Haha 1

Agreed. Defensively not strong enough. Midfield is weak against better opposition. But we are good going forward and we have one of the best players in the league in Bannan which will probably see us finish top half. 

Keep plodding along until January, if Chansiri wants to risk it I'd get a nasty poopydoo in midfield a Karl Henry/Joey Barton type who isn't going to let Barnes run through the middle and score. And get a big defender at the back who is a leader and can do the basics- Tom Lees plays like a mouse when Loovens isn't next to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, vulva said:

This!

Shame because it looks a close league again this season (4 out of 5 games drawn tonight and not much difference in points across the top 14...

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Disagree.

First 3 games....awful.

Agreed; despite the disapointment; we matched one of the top teams.

Signs that we could trouble the top 6.

Also signs that Leeds are streets ahead of WBA. Bit worrying.

Edited by zzmdu

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I agree and said from start

I don't think its a bad thing tho

we will give anyone a game in this league ,win a few then lose a few

we're too good to go down .

for me this season is seeing the young lads blossom from u23s to proper professional footballers

also don't think it helps that the pigs are doing well but I fully expect them to fack it up again

I get what you're saying but I'm sick of this league and I want promotion!

I honestly think a team will go up this season and we'll all think that they were nothing special, I hope that's us!

My head says look at the stats - Last 20 league games going back to when Bannan returned our record is W10 D5 L5. Map that over a full season and it equates to about 80 points - easily play-off form.

And yet I can’t help feeling we’re too sloppy at the back, too weak in midfield, don’t have enough strength in depth and might lose at least one key player in January. 

To stand a chance of top 6 I feel we need the youngsters to really grow, develop and find consistency as the season goes on. I’m thinking mainly of Dawson, Thorniley, Penney, Onomah and Pelupessy. They’re going to be mainstays of the team by the looks of it so we need them to impress. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Agreed; despite the disapointment; we matched one of the top teams.

Signs that we could trouble the top 6.

Also signs that Leeds are streets ahead of WBA. Bit worrying.

West Brom we’re average tonight but finish above them and you go up imo. Early days but West Brom and Boro automatic and perm any 1 from 8 from the playoffs. Don’t discount Villa if they get the right manager.