Perspective thread

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

......the only perspective needed, is where we want to be at the end of the season If we want mid table security, then we are on course, however, if we still harbour thoughts of a play off place, then we need to up our game

I agree, but I think you're taking about expectations and desires rather than perspective.

I don't expect a play off place, so on the whole I'm OK with where we are.

I want a play off place, at the very least, but my perspective (which may be different from others) is that because of mistakes made on and off the field in the last couple of years we have a weaker and less experienced side than we did 12 months ago and so a promotion challenge is unrealistic.

26 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

So "he aint that silly" but he's silly enough to let a clubs owner pick his match day team when he's resigned from managers jobs before when the owner has tried to intervene?

If i'd been on dole for 2 years , i'd do what new boss said.

Especially for £10,000 per week.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Winnall and Hooper.

We all know what Hooper is capable of when fit. Winnall has the best goals to game ratio in the division, I believe. They're both injured. Both of them score goals and can bring a lot to the team when fit.

Winnall would struggle to make the matchday 18 - never mind start ahead of Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Matais and a fit Hooper.

People love to talk about others opinions but really there are just different ways of looking at the same thing. 

And each has its own context. 

Not saying the OP is doing this but I get hacked off with being told I can't complain. 

I praise and I grumble. That's what football fans do and will always do. 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Whenever we have anyone with pace it’s always the ones who have no idea what to do with it 

Not far off that lol...Guylain ndumbu unwotsit, like lightening...then fell over...Going further back Des Hazel...used to fly down the right then sorta straight up the Kop steps...(Still with the ball)

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

People love to talk about others opinions but really there are just different ways of looking at the same thing. 

And each has its own context. 

Not saying the OP is doing this but I get hacked off with being told I can't complain. 

I praise and I grumble. That's what football fans do and will always do. 

Agree there's nothing wrong with giving both praise and criticism when it's merited. 

Im happy with the start, but would like to see us develop a more defined style of play in the next few months. 

I'm all for some tactical flexibility and being able to mix it up, but at times it does feel a bit like throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Im happy with the start, but would like to see us develop a more defined style of play in the next few months. 

I'm all for some tactical flexibility and being able to mix it up, but at times it does feel a bit like throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks. 

This ^^^^

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are doing so well this season. Much better than I expected.

How anyone can complain is beyond me.

Our two best centre forwards are still injured.

Our best midfielder prior to injury is out. 

we've lost Hutch (not the same player anymore), Loovens and Wallace who were key parts of the side two seasons ago.

We haven't strengthened in midfield at all, an area where we have struggled since 2015 against sides who are big and physical- Pelupessy isn't the answer no matter how many people try and tell me he's under appreciated. 

We have no pace in the side, still.

Our back five is made up of four academy products who had little to no first team experience prior to the start of the season, yet they're holding there own. Penney and Thorniley have been a revelation.

Dawson is getting some stick but he's kept us in games at times this season, but of course people would want to slate the lad. Not his fault Jos prefers him over Westwood.

Overall this side is nowhere near as good as the one which reached Wembley in 2016. The clusterfuck of mistakes off the field since then have left us in a state. Yet still 10 games in Jos has us 1 point of the play-offs. The players are fighting for each other and there is a fantastic team spirit. I'm really enjoying it so far, I set myself low expectations and have so far being pleasantly surprised with the way the side are playing and the effort they are putting in. Things could have easily turned very toxic after the pre-season we had, but Jos is doing well and we look an outside bet for the play-offs. We were outplayed by the best side in the league for 45 minutes, so were Derby and Swansea. No need for the negativity.

Keep it going Wednesday. We are doing great. 

And you get FREE sex shows on the Kop 

Happy Days 

I think seeing Cardiff and Huddersfield go up with fairly ordinary squads has made things worse.

We had our go at it and messed it up.

Bring the youngsters through for a season or two and save us millions whilst we clear out the crocks and those who just aren't wanted.

Sides like Hudds and Cardiff don't go up very often with such average squads. We probably need a £20m restructure of the side with youngsters having a season or 2 behind them to be super competitive again.

3 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

I think seeing Cardiff and Huddersfield go up with fairly ordinary squads has made things worse.

We had our go at it and messed it up.

Leicester won the Premier League a couple of seasons ago with an average squad on paper. Yes we had the money and the signings a couple of years ago and found you can't buy promotion the easy way. Not the first club that its happened to either.

If the players want it, it can still happen.