Perspective thread

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Overall this side is nowhere near as good as the one which reached Wembley in 2016. The clusterfuck of mistakes off the field since then have left us in a state. Yet still 10 games in Jos has us 1 point of the play-offs. The players are fighting for each other and there is a fantastic team spirit. I'm really enjoying it so far, I set myself low expectations and have so far being pleasantly surprised with the way the side are playing and the effort they are putting in. Things could have easily turned very toxic after the pre-season we had, but Jos is doing well and we look an outside bet for the play-offs. We were outplayed by the best side in the league for 45 minutes, so were Derby and Swansea. No need for the negativity.

Keep it going Wednesday. We are doing great. 

I don't see any reason why they can't prove to be as good as the 2016 team. We've still got some great players like Bannan, Reach, Fletcher, Hooper, MM and FF, and they have more experience.

We have more promising players who have a point to prove now like Joao, Penney, Thorniley, Baker, Onomah and Hector.

Yes it was disappointing to see another team, in Leeds, come to Hillsborough and dominate the game for large spells, but they did not have it all their own way, as the  result shows.

We have everything still to play for and the season is still young.

14 hours ago, sw1867 said:

I don't believe a word CC says.

Im not a CC hater either, just think he talks even more sh*t every time he opens his mouth.

As opposed to club telling us Westwood was injured most of last season.

This campaign they can't even make up somat different.

No one's fooled - unless they wanna be.

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Which interview is that?

One where Carlos said Chansiri told him to play certain players - Rhodes , at a guess of one.

Maybe Talksport and fully referenced on other thread on here.

We know from Soton litigation disclosed material that we paid Dave Jones £15 k a week.

My £10 k per week was based on that, but being prudent after 2 years on dole so cheap -relatively.

This season proves to me that if we'd invested our 30 million transfer budget a bit more wiser, integrated a couple of youngsters, and looked after our key players fitness, we'd be quids in now.

Jos is showing Clueless what he could have won.

Guest Willow Owl
17 hours ago, Hughthecone said:

Are you in the know or is this conjecture about the tea lady.

Serves Yorkshire Tea, so qualifies to be next manager in some peoples minds. WTF:

17 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I agree, but I think you're taking about expectations and desires rather than perspective.

I don't expect a play off place, so on the whole I'm OK with where we are.

I want a play off place, at the very least, but my perspective (which may be different from others) is that because of mistakes made on and off the field in the last couple of years we have a weaker and less experienced side than we did 12 months ago and so a promotion challenge is unrealistic.

I expect a play off place. I have no perspective because I'm selfish and have attachment issues. I've also got mercury poisoning from living off John West tuna.

23 hours ago, sw1867 said:

I am aware of Westwood telling the club he was going to do something which the club told him not to. He went ahead and did it anyway resulting in him being unable to play for longer than his injury.

I don’t know this as gospel but the person who told me was 100% certain.

I think at times the club have not been truthful to protect Westwood as much as themselves.

That would be the same time Ireland were still selecting him then.

Don't buy that. I've got more faith in club's survey.

3 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Not sure on timings but what has Westwood being selected for (and not playing for so could be injured) Ireland got to do with him potentially (I don’t claim this as fact) being dropped by the club for disciplinary reasons?

What you need to understand and accept is the only fact we know is that Dawson is number 1. The reason why Westwood isn’t is all rumour and guess work and this isn’t going to change. I don’t and you don’t know if this is correct but people who are making the decision have more facts available to them to make this decision.

You maybe right that Westwood is a better keeper but whilst Dawson is number 1 and is doing well, get off his back and support him. When he is at fault for us conceding, if it makes you feel better to create a thread saying I told you so, then do it.

Until then, you’ve made your point but support the lads.

I think you might be missing main point that Chansiri's interference, ego and inexperience is hurting us big time and now putting a top 6 place at risk.

Dawson's no 1 cos owner says so. But we have no clean sheets with nearly a quarter of season gone. 

And who is next after McG, Hirsty and Sean if we don't challenge this?  Penny, Fessi, etc.  

We have 2 good promising keepers and 1 fantastic stopper who Boro bid £5 million for last year and is in FIFA'S top goallie list.

Don't let club's PR blind your judgement. And that's also supporting the lads.  

3 - 1 tonight, Fessi brace. 

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:04, SiJ said:

Im happy with the start, but would like to see us develop a more defined style of play in the next few months. 

I'm all for some tactical flexibility and being able to mix it up, but at times it does feel a bit like throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks. 

I would agree with this totally except I would say defined styles of play. To be more specific think we need different set up for home and away. 

Also we may not be able to achieve do this due to lacking personnel or depth of personnel in certain areas and will probably depend on us finding another decent player or two from young lads at club.

On 01/10/2018 at 15:19, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that at the moment we are doing better so far this season then I expected a few weeks ago.

But when the club is charging near enough the highest ticket prices in the league for 4 years running then its not a surprise if to some fans anything other then going for promotion is not good enough. 

Well done third post of a positive thread before you mention ticket prices. Think that could be a record. Well done.

• Haha 1

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:16, fred mciver said:

One where Carlos said Chansiri told him to play certain players - Rhodes , at a guess of one.

Maybe Talksport and fully referenced on other thread on here.

We know from Soton litigation disclosed material that we paid Dave Jones £15 k a week.

My £10 k per week was based on that, but being prudent after 2 years on dole so cheap -relatively.

Westwood was poor in games he played last year, this was supposedly because he was carrying a knock. He was played in pre season friendly so was not out in cold at that point. Therefore think JL took long term view and went with a younger keeper who we have chance to develop and be a fixture for years to come. We have to reduce costs and wages KW is on we will not be able to replicate next season so you are saying take very short term view and play him this season and so when he leaves at end of season we would have two keepers with no great experience between them.

JL is clearly trying to build a side which has to be largely home produced, we all know nigh on impossible in one season so has to take a longer term view and this will involve ensuring some of our younger players are played as regularly as possible.

As for the comment CC said DC influenced selection it is really daft.

I could imagine DC asking why we have not played players who had been brought into club (the same questions were asked on here) and CC could have felt under pressure to play some players who he had brought to club and were never seen. I will not provide a list of those who were not played but it would only have been normal if not expected of an owner to ask why we kept bringing players to club who were not involved in games. Especially when CC and the Agency he worked for were identifying players we signed.

I think maybe some posters should take their gripes with the club into a different section or set up some sort of ongoing thread.

We are now where we are with the players who we have and are no longer under a soft embargo it seems and there has been no mass exodus.

This means that from now until January nothing is going to change apart from the team picked, results and POTD categories for various games.

Our position in the league at the end of the year combined with our financial position will determine what happens in the January window.

This thread is about perspective and Jos summed it up perfectly in yesterday's pre match press conference.  We seem to be settling down, we have done well so far against some of the teams more fancied, we are a work in progress and we are looking forwards and upwards.

Perhaps some of our fans should take note and just support what is in front of them for now with particular attention to the youngsters coming in and still finding their way and doing very, very well so far.

We had a good go and chucked a reasonable amount of dough at it but fell short and this is how it is from now and at least the short-term.  We may end up triumphing from adversity, who knows but it will be far less likely to happen if we constantly gripe and complain and look to link any slight setback now to decisions that were taken back then and have now long since gone.

I really don't get the point or enjoyment in this when we all love a game because it can change in a heartbeat either way.

I'm satisfied but not overly optimistic.

No reason to complain but everything you said is basically the reason people aren't jumping for joy.

We miss hooper, hutch,Lee and Westwood. We need a right back.We aren't in the playoff spots, utd look more likely to finish in them. There are a good number of better teams. We get out played too often or for long periods.

But I'm not moaning. Jos is doing ok.

But there are reasons to feel a bit like we had our chance and it's gone. We got ourselves into trouble and it might be a season or two before we get back to our best.

Playoffs are a possibility though if we can hang in.

26 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think maybe some posters should take their gripes with the club into a different section or set up some sort of ongoing thread.

We are now where we are with the players who we have and are no longer under a soft embargo it seems and there has been no mass exodus.

This means that from now until January nothing is going to change apart from the team picked, results and POTD categories for various games.

Our position in the league at the end of the year combined with our financial position will determine what happens in the January window.

This thread is about perspective and Jos summed it up perfectly in yesterday's pre match press conference.  We seem to be settling down, we have done well so far against some of the teams more fancied, we are a work in progress and we are looking forwards and upwards.

Perhaps some of our fans should take note and just support what is in front of them for now with particular attention to the youngsters coming in and still finding their way and doing very, very well so far.

We had a good go and chucked a reasonable amount of dough at it but fell short and this is how it is from now and at least the short-term.  We may end up triumphing from adversity, who knows but it will be far less likely to happen if we constantly gripe and complain and look to link any slight setback now to decisions that were taken back then and have now long since gone.

I really don't get the point or enjoyment in this when we all love a game because it can change in a heartbeat either way.

And if we do manage to scrape up given what has happened over the last 12 months won't it be even more sweeter? WELL?