Not sure about the way we play

We seem too happy to concede possession. 

We have good players but it's all a bit back to front. 

Maybe we get exposed by the better teams and we are just a bit mid table. 

But Id have thought with the players we have we should do better. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Beholder said:

Thoughts? 

Transition season

New ways of working

Blooding young players

We are overachieving if anything 

Good result tonight against a very very good side who might well get promoted 

Owlstalk Shop

Defence is weakest part of team so protected it sitting back.  2nd half obvious was trying to defend lead, let the play in front of us and have shots from long range, back fired when they scored cracker.  

That Leeds team will do lots of damage before Xmas and then tail off to play offs at best all of belsia's sides do same. 

Have feeling we will do better away this year than home 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Transition season

New ways of working

Blooding young players

We are overachieving if anything 

Good result tonight against a very very good side who might well get promoted 

Not sure about that, might go for ok result against an ok side that are also overachieving.

They are decent team and midfield worked better than Wednesdays. Had more pace and strength which meant Bannan could not influence game. 

Think Wednesday did well to get a point.

The team had to change to counter Leeds he changed set up of team 3 times. at least during game. With a young inexperienced team that was quite remarkable. 

My main issue...and I’m sure i’ll get negged to death...I’m not after a ranter and raver on the touch line, but 15 mins into the second half you could see what was happening. The players needed a rocket, the fans needed to see some intensity from us but we just stood off them and ticked the clock down.

I think Jos has done great so far this season in the main but tonight I think he didn’t change things early enough in the second half, and just doesn’t have that siege mentality persona on the touch line you sometimes need in situations like tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We'd have lost that game against a team like that hands down last season. Whilst we had a lack of composure and quality tonight I was pleased with the effort.

They pressed and harried us for 90 mins and we could not cope with it, a very fit side and plenty of quality.

I might find myself saying this a lot tonight but I think we are going to struggle to get the best out of Forestieri, he was a bit all over the place and I think he interferes with a more regimented approach that the players were getting used to.

He's a great talent but can't see where we play him

Edited by Mystic Neg

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

We'd have lost that game against a team like that hands down last season. Whilst we had a lack of composure and quality tonight I was pleased with the effort.

They pressed and harried us for 90 mins and we could not cope with it, a very fit side and plenty of quality.

I might find myself saying this a lot tonight but I think we are going to struggle to get the best out of Forestieri, he was a bit all over the place and I think he interferes with a more regimented approach that the players were getting used to.

He's a great talent but can't see where we play him

I thought FF was decent tonight. Agree with your bit about effort though, you can tell we have team spirit but lacking fluidity in midfield  

31 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Thoughts? 

Agree.

Man for man not much between those teams on paper but they played with a completely different philosophy. Their manager really is a difference maker. 

We play like a team that goes for one nils but we never keep a clean sheet.

We are a work in progress. 

All the hallmarks of a team who will finish about 12th/11th imo, unless we start to find a bit of consistency with our results/performances. 

In saying that, tonight, I think we came across a very good side and managed to grind out a point. 

Edited by SiJ

29 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Tonight was sloppy, especially 2nd half.

Do you really think Jos said at half time; ‘lads, don’t bother stringing more than 3 passes together this half’

Absolutely not but I would expect him to have the gumption to stop us from playing    suicide balls out from the back tonight when it was clearly not working. We gifted Leeds several clear cut chances. There’s a time and a place.

25 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

My main issue...and I’m sure i’ll get negged to death...I’m not after a ranter and raver on the touch line, but 15 mins into the second half you could see what was happening. The players needed a rocket, the fans needed to see some intensity from us but we just stood off them and ticked the clock down.

I think Jos has done great so far this season in the main but tonight I think he didn’t change things early enough in the second half, and just doesn’t have that siege mentality persona on the touch line you sometimes need in situations like tonight.

I said to my mate the writing was on the wall second half soon as it started. We sat so incredibly deep it was as though we intended to invite early pressure onto our selves. Throwing Nuhiu on just summed it up that we were playing for a point.

Yeah Leeds looked good but my god we made it so easy for them, we can't hack it under pressure, no calm figure to take control of the game and slow the pace down. Tell you what might be a good point but performance wise that second half was something out of Alan Irvines school of negative excellence.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

When has anyone said we have the divine right to win every game? 

So we have an owner that has allowed a "mid table to top 10 squad of players" to be assembled now saying its promotion or bust?

Perhaps someone needs to tell DC it's a transition season? 

Nobody has said that we have a divine right, but just because we need to get promoted doesn't mean we ought to get promoted.

The tactics are probably fine but the quality is probably not quite there in the squad to achieve it, but there is still hope.

Our squad is what it is now and shows all the signs of transition and I don't think there is a magic way of making us get promoted just because according to Chansiri we have to.

Chansiri may have unwisely said that because it wasn't going to alter our chances him saying it, unless all of a sudden he just wanted to keep us more in the loop rather harshly.

I'll be honest, I'm finding it a difficult one to explain.

At least I know what I mean!!!

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Absolutely not but I would expect him to have the gumption to stop us from playing    suicide balls out from the back tonight when it was clearly not working. We gifted Leeds several clear cut chances. There’s a time and a place.

I'd just put that down to a lack of experience and composure in many of our new/younger players.

Hopefully they will learn quickly