I reckon Jos is proper “old school” in terms of man-management

Just now, CS5swfc said:

Are we winning 2-1 Every game? Sorry my mistake 

We’ve just won 2-1 away at a club that have a massive budget and should be promotion candidates.

We conceded one world class goal that no defence or keeper would have stopped and you are bleating about clean sheets. 

Dear oh dear. 

19 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

......the lack of ability to keep a clean sheet will kill us! The man was brought in to fix up the defence.

Give him a chance.

He's had to throw in 3 youngsters, a loanee and a rookie keeper.

The progress our defence is making is actually encouraging IMO. They looked comfortable today and it took a wonder goal to beat them. The clean sheet will arrive eventually.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We’ve just won 2-1 away at a club that have a massive budget and should be promotion candidates.

We conceded one world class goal that no defence or keeper would have stopped and you are bleating about clean sheets. 

Dear oh dear. 

We have a massive budget, it's not about today unlike the bipolar mob on here I don't live game to game we conceded 14.9 shots per game, and we don't keep clean sheets my point is we can't defend.

If we could we could be contenders.

55 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I reckon that Jos isn’t a cuddler. No players are getting their ego massaged by Mr Luhukay me thinks. Ignore him at your peril. Develop an attitude and you’re fvvccked. 

Thats exactly how it should be. 

17 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

He threw 10 bodies behind the ball that's not good defending even if it is effective, our clean sheet record tells you everything this season and even today's goal came from hacked clearances and panic he fails to find any balance to a team and I won't let a few good/Bad results form my opinion on a failure that hasn't been addressed in 6 months.

Manager at fault for players failing to clear a ball properly and opposition scoring a screamer

Christ, heard it all now ...

8 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

We have a massive budget, it's not about today unlike the bipolar mob on here I don't live game to game we conceded 14.9 shots per game, and we don't keep clean sheets my point is we can't defend.

If we could we could be contenders.

We've been playing with 4 under 23s at the back Dawson in goal, Baker rb, penney lb and until his injury thornily cb, leaving only one experienced pro in there. Part n parcel of the game, kids learning their trade make mistakes, sometimes it costs you, other occasions you get away with it. 

They are going to grow in time over the season as a unit and get better, which for me is far better for us in the long run. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

15 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’ll take 2-1 victories every week thanks very much.

Some fans live in an alternative universe ffs.

I am old enough to remember Liverpool in their heyday under Bill Shankley. They seemed to grind out 1-0 victories every week -and often scoring in the last 5/10 minutes. Damn boring if you're not a Liverpool fan. I'll take results like today's every week, thank you very much!

• Like 1

I don’t think any manager can be one dimensional. They will know who to give a rocket and when and who needs an arm round the shoulder and when. This will depend on personality and what gets the best of each player. 

i reckon the managers who are successful like Jos will know they need to mix it up. They can’t be to friendly and have clear favourites, but if they’re too stand offish or just a shouter (Keane) then it wears off. Warnock is an example of an old skool guy who knows which buttons to press.

Either way Jos has a track record of coaxing hard graft out of players if nothing else. Ronnie was an example he used of a flair player at Hertha that he turned into one of the best players in the league.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I reckon that Jos isn’t a cuddler. No players are getting their ego massaged by Mr Luhukay me thinks. Ignore him at your peril. Develop an attitude and you’re fvvccked. 

Spot on. All this ball sacks about not playing Westwood because of bonuses and such. My take on it is he basically called Jos a liar. Jo's said he was injured Westwood said publically no I'm not. In the one act, Westwood crossed a line and is now paying the price.

57 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

I am old enough to remember Liverpool in their heyday under Bill Shankley. They seemed to grind out 1-0 victories every week -and often scoring in the last 5/10 minutes. Damn boring if you're not a Liverpool fan. I'll take results like today's every week, thank you very much!

Boring boring Arsenal were the 1 nil kings a few years back 

1 hour ago, CS5swfc said:

We have to score 2 goals every game to come away with something, tbf today we conceded a fluke volley but the lack of ability to keep a clean sheet will kill us! The man was brought in to fix up the defence.

Our defending today was superb. We only conceded because a lad scored a goal hes never done before and will never do again.