I reckon Jos is proper “old school” in terms of man-management

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I reckon that Jos isn’t a cuddler. No players are getting their ego massaged by Mr Luhukay me thinks. Ignore him at your peril. Develop an attitude and you’re fvvccked. 

Sincerely hope so!

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I reckon that Jos isn’t a cuddler. No players are getting their ego massaged by Mr Luhukay me thinks. Ignore him at your peril. Develop an attitude and you’re fvvccked. 

That's what i like to see from a head coach that is no nonsense . :luhukay:

not against old school  I think they needed it after CC 

it seems he's identified people he wants on the fringe and not scared of offending 'big' players

I'd love to know how he would've coped with a full squad when he took over would he have played any youngsters ?

academic now because he did and I love it 

I love his style of management, he doesn't care who you are, what money you are on, if you aren't performing or giving 100% then the next man gets your shirt. We've moaned for years that Carlos has had his favorites, Jos comes in and changes things based on performance and people are calling it a MONSTROSITY. FFS

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Like 1

If you try and work hard give 100% you get hugs and are in favour. Anything less and you are out of 18. 

He protects players and makes sure they are fully fit as tired and players carrying injuries who play only make injuries worse and risk further injury.

He likes teams not to be predictable and likes to vary tactics and be flexible and expects players to be adaptable to this approach

If this is old school then yes he is..

18 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Completely agree with the thread title.  

• Like 1

Just now, bigsheff said:

We let a worldie in today... did we really defend that badly today? I think not

We have to score 2 goals every game to come away with something, tbf today we conceded a fluke volley but the lack of ability to keep a clean sheet will kill us! The man was brought in to fix up the defence.

5 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

We have to score 2 goals every game to come away with something, tbf today we conceded a fluke volley but the lack of ability to keep a clean sheet will kill us! The man was brought in to fix up the defence.

Proved he can do that last year but we offered nothing going forward, this year we look like scoring almost every game but leak goals, just needs to find something in the middle. 

Edited by bigsheff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

I’ll take 2-1 victories every week thanks very much.

Some fans live in an alternative universe ffs.

3 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Proved he can do that last year but we offered nothing going forward, this year we look like scoring almost every game but leak goals, just needs to find something in the middle. 

He threw 10 bodies behind the ball that's not good defending even if it is effective, our clean sheet record tells you everything this season and even today's goal came from hacked clearances and panic he fails to find any balance to a team and I won't let a few good/Bad results form my opinion on a failure that hasn't been addressed in 6 months.

8 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

No he was brought in to manage a team ,not to just fix up the defence,coudnt give a t@ss if we win 2 -1 every game,could you.??

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’ll take 2-1 victories every week thanks very much.

Some fans live in an alternative universe ffs.

If you have a Hole in the wall do you hang a picture? It needs addressing winning 2-1every week isn't sustainable.

• Haha 2

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

By my reckoning Hugh that form wins the league at a canter .....

Be nice that ......2-1 forms a bit of a pattern for us Atm. ...

We are in top form right now.  Smash leeds next friiday.  I can't flippin wait.