I reckon Jos is proper “old school” in terms of man-management

1 hour ago, Gildowl said:

I am old enough to remember Liverpool in their heyday under Bill Shankley. They seemed to grind out 1-0 victories every week -and often scoring in the last 5/10 minutes. Damn boring if you're not a Liverpool fan. I'll take results like today's every week, thank you very much!

Those were the days, mind they even did it into the 80s..their passing stats before the back pass rules and time wasting was enforced... I remember them playing it out to Hanson... He'd pass it back to grobbelaar, he'd pick it up, put it down, wander around the penalty area a bit then pass it back to Hanson..always hated the bin-dippers lol

2 hours ago, CS5swfc said:

We have to score 2 goals every game to come away with something, tbf today we conceded a fluke volley but the lack of ability to keep a clean sheet will kill us! The man was brought in to fix up the defence.

Says who?

Moaners moan if it's a low score bore to watch, if we don't keep a clean sheet and win, that's goals.

Or is it moaners just moan?..

2 hours ago, darra said:

Spot on. All this ball sacks about not playing Westwood because of bonuses and such. My take on it is he basically called Jos a liar. Jo's said he was injured Westwood said publically no I'm not. In the one act, Westwood crossed a line and is now paying the price.

I'd forgotten about that. Makes sense now. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, bigsheff said:

Proved he can do that last year but we offered nothing going forward, this year we look like scoring almost every game but leak goals, just needs to find something in the middle. 

Personally I prefer this way. I hate losing 0-1. It just wee wees me off as you have nothing to celebrate at all. If we have to lose, which I hate, I’d take a high scoring defeat any day of the week.

11 hours ago, CS5swfc said:

If you have a Hole in the wall do you hang a picture? It needs addressing winning 2-1every week isn't sustainable.

If we win 2-1 every week it will have been sustainable and we'll be promoted.

Jeesh... Some folk!

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Bloody good manager and doing miracles with the financial constraints he is working under.

I he had only had the opportunities that Carlos had I'm certain we would be in the Premiership.

Absolutely spot there and it's like i'd just mentioned on another post,If we'd got JOS in at the start of the 2017/2018 season and not waited till Dec/Jan,things might be even better under JOS right now. :luhukay::luhukay: