Feels like the cloud is lifting

We would have to do some pretty decent business before the end of the month, if this squad is to challenge Old Jos is kidding himself if he thinks we can gain promotion, even with Lee and Hooper back Undoubtably we’ve missed the pair of them’ but for them to elevate us to promotion challengers, the rest of the squad should be a lot further down the line, in terms of development 

We lack a style, or any identity, and don’t seem to have the desire, or maybe the ability, to take the game to our opponents. The biggest negative is, we lack pace all over the park, and that will hardly be addressed by the return of Hooper and Lee. 

Only if these issues are addressed in the transfer market, and the coach decides to adopt a more attacking style, will there be reason to believe again. At the moment, we seem all over the place. Some good things, yes, but as a whole, we are just not functioning

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Haven't felt this positive since Debbie M cracked me one off at the Youth Club disco with The Smiths - Hand In Glove as the theme tune and while wearing her mum's sheepskin mitten.

I was looking forward to a party at Rachel F's house the following weekend like Brentford on Sunday after tonight's victory with learner drivers on cruise control.

Wednesday are back!

McGee? 

:Pelupessy:

6 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I think we’ll go down with the league’s lowest ever total, we’ll have so many injuries that we’ll be down to just 6 fit professionals by the end of September, Westwood will go on a free, the embargo will continue indefinitely, Mr C will sell us to the Venkeys, Bannan and Forestieri will sign for Sheffield United for £350k each, Rhodes will finish the league’s top scorer with 50 goals, and George Hirst will sign for Leicester within a fortnight and be named young PFA player of the year after finishing one goal in front of Harry Kane.

The good news though is that we’ll get 20 games out of Abdi so it’s not all bad.

You forgot to mention that the Venkeys would put the prices up as soon as they came on board !

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Haven't felt this positive since Debbie M cracked me one off at the Youth Club disco with The Smiths - Hand In Glove as the theme tune and while wearing her mum's sheepskin mitten.

I was looking forward to a party at Rachel F's house the following weekend like Brentford on Sunday after tonight's victory with learner drivers on cruise control.

Wednesday are back!

I think we all know it never washed out

We need to start quickly or Brentford will be all over us.

We'll be fine if we can get playing without going behind because once we start we can win this game. It is just this slow starting that worries me.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

We need to start quickly or Brentford will be all over us.

We'll be fine if we can get playing without going behind because once we start we can win this game. It is just this slow starting that worries me.

Something Waddle, was referring to last night He’s not the first pundit to mention it though

38 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

People used to blame Carlos but we are still doing it.

Same players, we lack high tempo energy players. Because of lack of defensive quality we have defensive set up which means we start slow,

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

Same players, we lack high tempo energy players. Because of lack of defensive quality we have defensive set up which means we start slow,

Clearly we lack that type of player, however, Carlos did manage to get those same players on the front foot in season one We also had enough pace and energy to destroy Norwich not that long ago 

Its also a mindset thing, and this is where the coach has to take some responsibility

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Clearly we lack that type of player, however, Carlos did manage to get those same players on the front foot in season one We also had enough pace and energy to destroy Norwich not that long ago 

Its also a mindset thing, and this is where the coach has to take some responsibility

You can't put the blame on Jos for our defensive frailties. He's been given a hand of cards that few would desire. Carlos had much greater resources in terms of defence - and even then we still cried out for better quality defensive signings. We had Sasso on loan - whom we should've signed as he'd walk into the current set up. We had Venancio on loan - whom it's a great shame we weren't allowed to sign. We had a younger, better Loovens and a younger (still one of the better ones) Pudil. Oh and Jack Hunt as well.

I'm totally for the young ones to be blooded into the team. It's been a long time since we've been giving them the opportunity. It makes them work harder in training. They now know if they improve enough they can get in the team.

If we are not able to sign loans during this window, then I wonder whether there's a back door whereby we sign them for the development squad. We've managed to gain a goalkeeper that way.

We have to cut our cloth and diet. So long as we're safe this season, it really doesn't matter. Next summer we'll lose a load of players because contracts will end. No doubt that'll free up some money at least. Just hope we're safe, extend the better players' contracts and finish above rivals... though I think I have to exclude Leeds from rivals this year because that's probably a step too far!

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Wednesday are back!

Thank the Lord for Debbie M (and her Mums attire). 

• Like 1