2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It didn’t

remimd me what you posted about this change this week before it happensd

Not a fan of idea, much the same as I stated today.

You can not say was a rip roaring success, no matter how you spin it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Surely got to walk out to heavyweight champion of the world? Think it'd sound brilliant.

Perception though, Not much more heavy weight than the closing bars of 1812 Overture culminating in a salvo of cannon fire with one really big shot at the end. But then that's classical garbage init ?

20 minutes ago, Quist said:

Not a fan of idea, much the same as I stated today.

You can not say was a rip roaring success, no matter how you spin it.

Forgive me for totally ignoring you on your comments after the event, when you've spent all week before the event hating on it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forgive me for totally ignoring you on your comments after the event when you spent all week before the event hating on it

lol

I actually listened to the stuff at game and did not enjoy. I read article on here and thought may be a good idea until I heard some of suggestions which were personal music taste rather than preparing an atmosphere for a football game.

i spent only a short time commenting on it certainly not all week.

I gave feed back today as I saw it fully accept not independent view as some of music is definitely not my thing.

It is good to see you take criticism on board and try to get everyone on board.

I say things as I see them and and usually attempt to be positive.

The problem with music is their are many different tastes and you will never satisfy everyone.

Glad to be ignored i will comment no more.

Don’t know if any other clubs have done this, but having a local artist (famous or not) write an original Wednesday-specific walkout tune could be great. (Could be cringing too if done badly, mind).

Perhaps a Jarvis Cocker penned upbeat blockbuster called, erm, “We’re All Wednesday Aren’t We” or summat.

Even better, Dejphon Chansiri performing “The Chansiri Rap”, with the CDs on sale at the club shop for £25 (gold version £40 with Chansiri poster and Paul Carrack club remix). Doubles up as a money spinner for the club.

C9F7497A-4518-41C5-8BDB-69DD9CC704C8.jpeg.5e90dfbd305baa78d8c18f6bf49ab234.jpeg

Edited by Samurai Blue
  • Haha 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I was really excited about this idea and completely forgot about it until the match was over and the players were applauding the fans

I couldnt begin to tell you what they played at HT - I totally missed the walkout music and couldnt even tell you if they played Hi Ho Silver Lining (if they didnt they should)

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I was really excited about this idea and completely forgot about it until the match was over and the players were applauding the fans

I couldnt begin to tell you what they played at HT - I totally missed the walkout music and couldnt even tell you if they played Hi Ho Silver Lining (if they didnt they should)

They did

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not attending until i get a guarantee of some paul carrack tracks!

Some reyt old dads in this thread today

lol

Get back to your perry como and leave this stuff to those at the club who got all the good feedback from those who weren't slating the idea from the start (eg the open minded)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

This sums it up perfectly 

It was purely forgettable. Bad choices spoilt a decent idea. 

Yep we’ve got bigger problems but if you’re going to do something, do it with some quality.

However, learn from the mistakes and improve it, it could still work. 

I suppose now you're going to tell me that the crowd always knows what songs were played before a match and at half time too?

lol

Come on... let's be honest here. It's a massive improvement already celebrates our city and it's bands/artists instead of playing some band from Ireland or Birmingham or summat and reflects our fanbase (many of the bands and artists played are sat in the stands too)

Creates a bit of good feeling that is additional to anything that playing the typical usual prematch/halftime songs did

It's a winner

Owlstalk Shop

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Was decent apart from Waterfront being replaced 

that song is part of our soul and identity 

please put it back

oh and lets have the full 'we are Sheffield Wednesday' video in the build up to the match back again please - puts shivers down the spine with pride

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I suppose now you're going to tell me that the crowd always knows what songs were played before a match and at half time too?

lol

Come on... let's be honest here. It's a massive improvement already celebrates our city and it's bands/artists instead of playing some band from Ireland or Birmingham or summat and reflects our fanbase (many of the bands and artists played are sat in the stands too)

Creates a bit of good feeling that is additional to anything that playing the typical usual prematch/halftime songs did

It's a winner

They could play the Hokey Cokey and the birdy song for what I suspect most of the crowd take note of or particularly care -

apart from 10 minutes prior to Kick Off and the walk on music for both halves. Reason being to enhance the atmosphere 

This just wasn’t done yesterday - with poor choices (not helped by sound system)

Just now, torres said:

They could play the Hokey Cokey and the birdy song for what I suspect most of the crowd take note of or particularly care

Exactly

And yet yesterday was the first time any fans were tweeting about the songs being played (probably first time EVER) in a positive way

Thanks for clearing that up mate

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, adamb1253 said:

What I'd say is that from the back of the Kop it was very, very hard to identify some of the songs - even given that we'd know all/most of them.  I had no idea which song they'd come out too.  It seemed very quiet from where we were

The sound system at Hillsborough is disastrous. I sit 2/3rds up the kop, and the music was badly distorted and inaudible. Couldn't make out Shaun Leigh on the mic at all so I was reliant on the scoreboard for the teams.