In my opinion it didn’t really work.

The sound system isn’t sparkling at Hillsborough but given that fact the choices were poor.

The aim (I think) with pre match music is too add to the atmosphere, to almost rouse the crowd before the main event. 

What they played before and what the team came out to did non of these in my opinion 

Possibly a good idea - just not executed to any great standard 

• Thanks 1

I couldn't hear what they played for the walk on music. 

Which kind of takes the point away.

Our stadium sound system is a bit pants compared to others I've been to hear (Preston's is amazing btw) but it usually works fine for what gets chosen normally.

Feels like they just need to play the uptempo ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

Was there any Human League?

Infact yes there was, trying to remember which one though as me and mates were having reyt deep conversations at pre and half time.

Edited by Pulsar

1 hour ago, torres said:

The sound system isn’t sparkling at Hillsborough but given that fact the choices were poor.

The aim (I think) with pre match music is too add to the atmosphere, to almost rouse the crowd before the main event. 

What they played before and what the team came out to did non of these in my opinion 

We're two thirds of the way up the Kop, and was quite difficult to identify the songs even when you know them.

Early days but I think they need to be the 'distinctive" songs. Thought they'd have used Rev & the makers as one of the more instantly identifiable ones. 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

We're two thirds of the way up the Kop, and was quite difficult to identify the songs even when you know them.

Early days but I think they need to be the 'distinctive" songs. Thought they'd have used Rev & the makers as one of the more instantly identifiable ones. 

I agree.

The sound system seemed worse than ever yesterday. The whole thing just seemed thrown together in 2 minutes. (Not like Wednesday)

It flopped.

You need to set an atmosphere. A football match is a show down you need to put fear into the other team, you need tunes that can be sung chantedor even whistled to.

Watched some sport on TV in last week. The sprint cycling ride off between two competitors they played High Noon which captured the mood perfectly. Even Chris Boardman commentator remarked on it.

Some haunting tune that makes people look over their shoulder is an option. You could also go down the humourous route so when the likes of Steve Bruce steps on pitch you could have Roll Out the Barrel played. For neil Warnock you could have theme from Steptoe and Son.

In other words more thought needs to be applied to selections and a choice made as to what type of atmosphere created.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, torres said:

Everyone else said otherwise

you were against it before it even happened - you posted repeatedly about it 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Everyone else said otherwise

you were against it before it even happened - you posted repeatedly about it 

I was against Sheffield music?? Show me if you can because I honestly don’t remember putting anything about it 

Also it seems a lot of people agree with me. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It didn’t

remimd me what you posted about this change this week before it happensd

It honestly did pal.

It was really poor. Did nothing that pre match music should do. Good idea, executed poorly