What I'd say is that from the back of the Kop it was very, very hard to identify some of the songs - even given that we'd know all/most of them.  I had no idea which song they'd come out too.  It seemed very quiet from where we were

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

It flopped.

You need to set an atmosphere. A football match is a show down you need to put fear into the other team, you need tunes that can be sung chantedor even whistled to.

Watched some sport on TV in last week. The sprint cycling ride off between two competitors they played High Noon which captured the mood perfectly. Even Chris Boardman commentator remarked on it.

Some haunting tune that makes people look over their shoulder is an option. You could also go down the humourous route so when the likes of Steve Bruce steps on pitch you could have Roll Out the Barrel played. For neil Warnock you could have theme from Steptoe and Son.

In other words more thought needs to be applied to selections and a choice made as to what type of atmosphere created.

Here's just some of your posts from when this idea was announced

On 11/08/2018 at 08:26, Quist said:

You need something everybody knows or can easily get to know, few of these will inspire everyone you may like them but music is individual and some of these will appeal to just a few. No good saying lovely when I think are not to my liking.

On 10/08/2018 at 20:53, Quist said:

Is this designed to clear stadium in an emergency because it will probably succeed. Not all football fans are keen on music.

This does not appeal one little bit in fact sounds horrendous.

On 10/08/2018 at 18:56, Quist said:

Music is an individual thing. Trying to find something that suits everybody is impossible.

You will never make everyone happy. I am not sure if some of these suggestions are meant to be tongue in cheek but dreadful would describe some of them.

At least you gave it a fair and open minded go eh?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Music? That was Music? To me, and many around me, it wasn't music it was just a deafening cacophany of sound. Maybe if it was reduced by a few thousand decibells, we could hear the music. I certainly don't think it was a good advert for Sheffield Music, which I am not averse to. 

Quieten it down a bit and allow an atmosphere to build, and for goodness sake do something about the overloud sound system. Little wonder that many of the 'futuristic' movies use sound as a torture. I can listen to any kind of music all day, provided that it is not bursting my eardrums.And what happened to the ' meet your old mates on matchday and have a good chat, put the world to rights, pick the team, criticise the manager/player, chat about future holidays etc'?

I am not averse to listening to the music, but in my opinion, that should be the background not the show., and incidentally, the ones who heard most where to ones who appreciate it the least. The ground doesn't start to fill up until after 10mins before the KO. The ones in the ground early are mostly like me, older and less able, who go in early to avoid the rush to get into their seats. Ones who prefer not too much noise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone else said otherwise

you were against it before it even happened - you posted repeatedly about it 

I wasn't against it form the start give it a go and all that  but pick better tracks 

The Milburn was ok but Blitzkrieg Bop is an Epic song so it felt rubbish in comparison 

Brianstorm i hate with a passion so my prejudice is always going to colour my view of playing it, would almost prefer Waterfront and i cant stand that 

Animal is a dreadful song in any setting 

So its a qualified no from me play better tracks and im in 

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamb1253 said:

What I'd say is that from the back of the Kop it was very, very hard to identify some of the songs - even given that we'd know all/most of them.  I had no idea which song they'd come out too.  It seemed very quiet from where we were

It was impossible to identify most of the songs played.

Number of away grounds you go to where the pre match music and the tunes they come out to is exactly what we need. 

I detest goal music but I think walk on music does have a place in the modern arena. Both pre kick off and half time. 

Nothing to get the crowd going yesterday.

It was like it was chosen by an overweight middle aged man doing a kids disco pretending he knows what they want 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

It was impossible to identify most of the songs played.

Number of away grounds you go to where the pre match music and the tunes they come out to is exactly what we need. 

I detest goal music but I think walk on music does have a place in the modern arena. Both pre kick off and half time. 

Nothing to get the crowd going yesterday.

It was like it was chosen by an overweight middle aged man doing a kids disco pretending he knows what they want 

Yet all the feedback has been positive

You're on your own on this one pal

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yet all the feedback has been positive

You're on your own on this one pal

Have you even read this page pal??

Dont take it personally, it’s all constructive. Decent idea as I’ve said, just like many things the club do, rushed, not thought out and ultimately didn’t do the job required. 

A bit of work and it might be ok.

Still waiting for my negative posts on the music before yesterday. Any luck?