Great idea think most of it worked although not sure if Brianstorm is the track I'd use for the walk on.. Love the intro and bulid up to Pulp's "Do you remember the first time" think it could work for the walk on music, simular way think Man Utd walk out to Stone Roses "This is The One"... remember us doing something similar for the Wycombe game and one of my memories that day was walking out of the ground with Richard Hawley's "Tonight the streets are ours" playing over the tannoy 

• Like 1

Got to be a good idea.

Just mix it up as much as possible for the older ones in the crowd, including me. I remember Milburn being a batsman.

Yesterday I must admit I didn’t listen much as I was busy catching up with people who I hadn’t seen since May although I think I heard Disco 2000 , one of my favourites. Go on tell me they didn’t play it.

I get the whole idea of it all but to me it didn't work. Does EVERY track need to be a Sheffield band? Did we need to get rid of Waterfront?

It was too loud (not in a miserable sod kind of way just the sound system at Hillsborough isn't great and certain tracks don't suit it) and if I'm honest didn't set the tone they were after.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I get the whole idea of it all but to me it didn't work. Does EVERY track need to be a Sheffield band? Did we need to get rid of Waterfront?

It was too loud (not in a miserable sod kind of way just the sound system at Hillsborough isn't great and certain tracks don't suit it) and if I'm honest didn't set the tone they were after.

Think the volume will come down next  game 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Going back a little earlier we were Champions when this film was shot ! 

Beginning to worry about you and your memory Nev. We won the title for the first time in 1902-03 so when this film was shot we weren't Champions at all in fact that season may not even have started!

On 12/08/2018 at 10:55, Quist said:

It flopped.

You need to set an atmosphere. A football match is a show down you need to put fear into the other team, you need tunes that can be sung chantedor even whistled to.

Watched some sport on TV in last week. The sprint cycling ride off between two competitors they played High Noon which captured the mood perfectly. Even Chris Boardman commentator remarked on it.

Some haunting tune that makes people look over their shoulder is an option. You could also go down the humourous route so when the likes of Steve Bruce steps on pitch you could have Roll Out the Barrel played. For neil Warnock you could have theme from Steptoe and Son.

In other words more thought needs to be applied to selections and a choice made as to what type of atmosphere created.

Or just get one of the band to follow Bruce around with a tuba like in Family Guy.

Warnock should be Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead.

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2018 at 12:37, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Music or whatever. Whenever we talk about what has gone before there are always those who want to set an arbitrary limit of how far we dig into the past. This is then ultimately compounded by some wee pipe who decides to christen someone a Grandad. Well I for one am proud to announce that I have probably forgotten more than our new wave brand of mardy arsed fans care to remember. Pleased that 1970's Jeff Beck track wasn't dissed, however I wouldn't like to guess his connection and or feeling for Wednesday ! 

A beck is the Yorkshire term for a spring or stream.