Almen ad thi pants down

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Can we prosecute Watford under the trades description act ??..I think we’ve got a strong caselol

I'm not a lawyer, but on what grounds are you suggesting we proceed with any prosecution ?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is the word crock a combination of crook & c0ck. 

I've never had less respect for a weds player than this waste of skin. 

The resort thing is an emotive issue.

Abdi has been a failure of a signing. 

Injuries are injuries. Luck plays a part.

Does that make his worse than someone who is fit, is selected.... but doesn't give a flying one and never tries a leg?

5 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just back from hospital after having heart monitor fitted,i thought I'd pop in to see how abdi was getting on

Out for season by the looks. 

Unknown.jpeg

That's not Abdi, that's his Mummy!

Gets coat!

P.S. Thinks hope you're okay and nothing serious, I mean I know I get your pulse racing but I din't mean it to send you to the NGH!

6 hours ago, trev said:

We will look back and laugh at this eventually.

Almen Abdi has managed to secure himself legendary status as an owls player.

He shall be the yardstick all injury prone players are measured against for the next 50 years.

Fair play that takes some doing.

Even Phil O'Donnell (RIP) played a couple more seasons back at Motherwell after being injured with us for 4 years. Abdi? He'll be lucky to ever play again, really. And if he was smart he should retire for his own long term health.

6 hours ago, Kameron said:

Whoever decided we should sign him wants fu king with a melon covered in Ralgex.  He's started 127 games in 9 years, that's on average 14 games per season.  He'd never commanded a transfer fee until we paid Watford 3 million pounds, I bet their chairman is till pi ssing himself laughing now.  We have made some truly shocking signings over the years but this takes some beating.

We also managed to give Carlos 2 amd half years work.

He had lasted 12 months at his other jobs:carlosswfc:

3 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

We also managed to give Carlos 2 amd half years work.

He had lasted 12 months at his other jobs:carlosswfc:

So CC did sign him or was CC actually allowed to sign anyone..what's the story? 

11 hours ago, East coast owl said:

Injured again!!!!! Has there ever been any other wednesday player who was such a crock. I wonder Is he gutted he hasn’t played, or happy to cash a wage.. he should give a percentage of his wages back. He isn’t doing a job he’s paid to do.. players get injured.. how can 1 player get so many different injuries.. anyone know wot the latest injury is.. he may aswell retire

What a stupid post.

My guess is that he will be gutted because he isn’t playing as playing offers him the chance of a new contract; not playing offers no chance. 

Of course he is happy to cash a wage; who wouldn’t be?  

Would you give a percentage of your wage back? I wouldn’t. 

My guess is that he is as frustrated as us. He is not injured on purpose.

We, as fans, need to stop vilifying our players.  

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Wouldn't it be nice to see him donate decent amounts quite regularly

Or even help people attend matches etc...

Or make a statement of how frustrated he is at being injured

Or treat the chairman for his continued support.

Do something.

Been saying this for months...........surely one interview with the local media outlining everything would go some way to helping matters, find it really strange that this hasn`t happened.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The resort thing is an emotive issue.

Abdi has been a failure of a signing. 

Injuries are injuries. Luck plays a part.

Does that make his worse than someone who is fit, is selected.... but doesn't give a flying one and never tries a leg?

When the crock came it didn't make sense - I was a big fan of Lopez, hoped McGugan still had a future at the club and believed any transfer funds should been used in other areas.

The respect is emotive, things don't add up and it would be nice to hear his side off the story. Doubt we ever will, but when someone is drawing his wages for nowt and our fans are being priced out of paying on the gate, I lose faith.

Worringly, he is classed as one of the players we have left  in a mediocre, small squad that our chairman is touting for a promotion push. I'd be amazed if he makes half a dozen appearances this season. I've written him off.

Getting injured in training on a regular basis and not through competitive. Surely the club must have considered or took advice about medically retiring him. At least it would put all this lot to bed.

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

When the crock came it didn't make sense - I was a big fan of Lopez, hoped McGugan still had a future at the club and believed any transfer funds should been used in other areas.

The respect is emotive, things don't add up and it would be nice to hear his side off the story. Doubt we ever will, but when someone is drawing his wages for nowt and our fans are being priced out of paying on the gate, I lose faith.

Worringly, he is classed as one of the players we have left  in a mediocre, small squad that our chairman is touting for a promotion push. I'd be amazed if he makes half a dozen appearances this season. I've written him off.

I agree, I'd have liked to have seen Lopez stay. He really grew as the season went on and he got used to the rough and tumble of the English game. I thought his use of the ball at the base of midfield was excellent. (Also stopped the likes of Bannan having to drop 30 yards to collect it) .

The McGugan one I don't think we'll evere get to the bottom of. 

Where is he now by the way , haven't heard anything about him for ages?

All very bizarre.