Operation Blame the Fans

2 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Not even worth responding to that made up nonsense

Nothing to say because it's fact. 

Your spineless and to defend the man who has launched another attack on the fans, the people who put hard working money in, wow your a snake in all fairness.

• Like 1

We have a couple of decent players . We are also lumbered with utter dross on massive wages like abdi , Jones etc crocks and players not up to the task ie Fox , Palmer . We have lees , bannan and forestieri maybe reach who are promotion material yet one of the highest wage bills still. We are considerably worse off than before , the fact you can’t see it is scary. Out of interest how many transfer embargo’s have we been under ? 

Whos demanding promotion? Not me. I’d be happy to just stay in the division . 

What is chansiri actually doing about it then ? Ripping the fans off , paying considerably more than the rest of the division to watch these amazing players you speak of? Telling the fans it’s their fault ? Losing what little revenue we had fro, corporate / sponsorship / local media? He’s doimg a fine job. 

I’m sorry you are upset somebody has dared to have a differing opinion to you, but if you think everything is rosy and we are anywhere near going for promotion In the near future you are very much mistaken. 

Sleep well! 

Edited by james o connor
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Noted but you are wrong. We are no where near worse than when he joined. you gotta be joking !!!! look at the side we had before he joined. we struggled every season since getting promoted. We now have forestieri hooper lees reach bannon etc !!  rubbish players??? really ?? sorry you lost all credibility with that nonsense.. you saying 'fact' doesn't actually make it a fact you know. I don't think we are skint either. we cant sign anyone because off FFP. That doesn't make us skint

As for me being daft, possibly, but above all Im a Wednesdayite. I have been all my life, always will. I have seen us in way way worse positions than this, so can speak with some authority on how very poor Wednesday have been.  I am realistic enough to know though that there are 23 other clubs in this division equally desperate to get to the PL and we have no right whatsoever to think we should demand it.

Chansiri wants us to go up as much as we do, if not more. Unlike people like you who want to moan and spread poison, Chansiri is actually trying to do something about it. For that I admire and respect him. 

We lost our first game of the season and so called fans are demanding he leaves !!! without any thought of wtf position that would leave us in.... untrue.

lts like a mirror of our current society, people demand instant success but want someone else to provide it.

Good night

Due to the nature of business we won't have those players for longer. We weren't smart enough to plan longer than 2-3 years. How scary is that from a professional football club that charges an arm and a leg? It's not about fans demanding promotion anymore, we're way beyond that. What's been revealed is an incompetence from the top down to safely run this club. And a fan blaming culture that is desperately sad. I can't believe some people can't open their eyes to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Incredible that people are still paying to prop up this joke. Let him go, he spat his dummy out last season and got that hatchet woman involved who is making us Charlton V2 and the idiots forking out to watch us get hammered every week are just encouraging it. 

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

We have a couple of decent players . We are also lumbered with utter dross on massive wages like abdi , Jones etc crocks and players not up to the task ie Fox , Palmer . We have lees , bannan and forestieri maybe reach who are promotion material yet one of the highest wage bills still. We are considerably worse off than before , the fact you can’t see it is scary. Out of interest how many transfer embargo’s have we been under ? 

Whos demanding promotion? Not me. I’d be happy to just stay in the division . 

What is chansiri actually doing about it then ? Ripping the fans off , paying considerably more than the rest of the division to watch these amazing players you speak of? Telling the fans it’s their fault ? Losing what little revenue we had fro, corporate / sponsorship / local media? He’s doimg a fine job. 

I’m sorry you are upset somebody has dared to have a differing opinion to you, but if you think everything is rosy and we are anywhere near going for promotion In the near future you are very much mistaken. 

Sleep well! 

That's more balanced,  Yes we have some good players and some not so good but the likes of Abdi and Jones werent viewed as bad signings at the time by anybody but from the point of them being towards the end of there career maybe we should have signed 1 not both.

We aren't in worse position than before DC though as even with an embargo were comfortably good enough to stay up which is all we were doing before.

Prices I'm sure I've said are too high by probably £5-10 the membership is ridiculous price and kits I really  can't make my mind up are they too dear or the going rate?

We had a go it's back fired but don't pretend you didn't enjoy that 1st season under him and Carlos.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Why didn’t you say that at the meeting? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

That's more balanced,  Yes we have some good players and some not so good but the likes of Abdi and Jones werent viewed as bad signings at the time by anybody but from the point of them being towards the end of there career maybe we should have signed 1 not both.

We aren't in worse position than before DC though as even with an embargo were comfortably good enough to stay up which is all we were doing before.

Prices I'm sure I've said are too high by probably £5-10 the membership is ridiculous price and kits I really  can't make my mind up are they too dear or the going rate?

We had a go it's back fired but don't pretend you didn't enjoy that 1st season under him and Carlos.

I enjoyed it yes. The pricing has never sat well with me from day one though . I find it disgusting . 

I agree reed we will stay up this season, but I can see us being im the bottom 8 . Abdi was obviously finished when he joined so that was shocking business . David jones on a 3 year deal , silly. Fletcher on a 4 year deal, absurd. Handing long term deals to crocks like Hutchinson , again silly . 

I honestly believe we are in a worse position, and paying through the nose for it . I’m aware I’m a glass half empty person where Wednesday are concerned, but I homestly can’t see any positives right now 

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

And if you think our better players will still be with us next season I’ll have some of what you are smoking. 

Plus we’re hugely in debt to Chansiri or whoever is backing him. 

“Whatever it takes”

”Don’t worry about FFP, we have friends”.

is it any wonder that fans lauded the signing of Rhodes?

It was just part of the financial assault on promotion.

But even then there were many people saying the money would’ve been better spent elsewhere, like full back, centre half, a midfielder or winger.

He likes a poll.

I guarantee that if he’d have said to fans:-

Do you want to sign Rhodes?  If we do and don’t get promoted we are utterly f00ked.

He’d have done well to get 1% of fans backing the transfer.

But let’s blame the fans.

What a clueless muppet.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Can't argue with a word of that fella and still the 3 amigos still neg it.

Absolutely unbelievable.

There only one way this end the fans simply stop wasting their money on DC mistakes, don't but the tickets, don't buy the merchandise, don't buy the ifollow and don't buy the membership when he's losing millions every month, he either sort things out,  or sells up.

Even if we end up with the sh1tiest chairman in the world, he can not be as incompetent as this bloke, he could not run a bath without finding someone to do it for him and charging £100 to see it fill up.

He has no problem ripping us off but the BBC try to do the same and he makes a stand. Well DC so am I, no more of my hard earned cash will be wasted on you.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, kentaddick said:

This all sounds worryingly familiar... can’t have anything to do with..

:CEO:

Who knows, KM may even have been employed for the reasons she was unpopular at Charlton. Either as a useful scapegoat or because of her apparent thick skin.

I am not spending a single penny on the club after tonight until this lot have gone. Dont care if it is back to basics because as it stands this is only going one way. He can't make good decisions with money so I'm not holding out much hope for without it.

I would sooner this whole saga had never happened than to see us squander the opportunity through sheer negligence and incompetence.

Furious doesn't come close.

52 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Chairman says it’s not normal in football and paying money doesn’t give you the right 

If you’re not happy don’t come

Am not gonna let fans damage team anymore 

Players need positive support when losing

Last season our fans damage the team a lot

To be fair the home crowd can be poisonous. There's been many posts on here discussing the negativity of the fans booing and moaning when the team is struggling.

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

To be fair the home crowd can be poisonous. There's been many posts on here discussing the negativity of the fans booing and moaning when the team is struggling.

It's modern football is that. You won't see much different from the majority of clubs. The difference, 99% of those won't go out and play the blame game against their own fans. Fans paying the highest prices in the league. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's modern football is that. You won't see much different from the majority of clubs. The difference, 99% of those won't go out and play the blame game against their own fans. Fans paying the highest prices in the league. 

And the overcharging likely has a more negative affect when things aren't going right too. At least if you have cheaper attendance you can accept sometimes that the footy or other parts of the matchday experience won't be up to scratch but not say for those paying on matchday at Hillsborough. Premier prices and the experience is going downhill... quite dramatically.

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So we're looking strong for the next couple of years then? Great stuff. 

You put your own spin on that post and you know it. 

Operation blame the fans was not the message coming out of the reports tonight.....

You sound like a blunt!