Operation Blame the Fans

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, canyoujust said:

I also apologise for questioning his ability to run a football club , clearly it is my fault as I once shouted out at a reserve game 

" if only we had a semi rich bloke in charge who would recklessly spend money after listening to Bob in the Shakey"

anyone ne can be passionate and makes claims about family abuse to stir up emotive defences... What I want is a thick skinned intelligent businessman with a strategy and plan! 

i also have my doubts about this "Family abuse"

Ive no doubt over social media he has had some unsavory comments, but to say his Son Atty was scared to come to the fans forum...

Pleeeeeeeese.

Its Sheffield Wednesday, not West ham.

18 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Always good then that the other side of "The usual Suspects" get their retaliation in first then eh?

Maybe some will take last night's hysteria on here as gospel, maybe some will look at Trickytrevs precis and make their own mind up.

I assume it's ok by you that people make their own minds up is it?

:Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

i also have my doubts about this "Family abuse"

Ive no doubt over social media he has had some unsavory comments, but to say his Son Atty was scared to come to the fans forum...

Pleeeeeeeese.

Its Sheffield Wednesday, not West ham.

If his son is scared to come, that's the legacy project out of the window. 

• Haha 1

Am I missing something, or is it the practice of skipping so much of the b=====ks spouted on here. but WHERE HAS DC ACTUALLY BLAMED THE FANS?

Yes . He has criticised the fans for the abuse his family has been subject to on social media - and rightly so.

Anyone can be brave when sitting behind a keyboard, and insulting a man's family! This, to me, is what Chansiri is quite rightly blaming people for..

Many of our fans are certainly far from being angels, and far too often resort to abuse and foul language when people disagree with them, or they do not get their own way.

As far as I can see, since his arrival, DC has poured millions into the club. He has made some wrong decisions, but don't we all, and he has owned up to some of his shortcomings. He has stated quite openly that he would love to pour millions more in, but is prevented from doing so by the F&S Rules. He has tried to do things he has been prevented from doing. He has put faith in his managers, sadly misplaced, but understandable. And he has asked the fans to pay more. This may be termed as insulting the fans, but the fact is that running a stadium like Hillsborough costs more year on year The idea of reducing prices has been tried and failed!.

To me, his mistakes are 1) that he made the mistake of buying in to the fancy of promotion immediately, as if Wednesday were entitled to this as of right. 2) he allowed money to be squandered on players with this in mind and 3) he put too much faith in the belief of the 'loyalty' of all the fans at S6

This, to me, does not deserve abuse in any shape or form. Were I to be DC, and anyone came along with a bid now, I would accept. It would not benefit the club any way, but would reflect on the fans.Incidentally, has anyone tried to get a ticket for Manur lately and seen the pice thei spectators pay, to watch some of the teams we recently scorned Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc.  

He really is in the wrong business if he doesnt expect any "abuse" what so ever. Personally have never heard or read any abuse directed at his family and him blaming the fans is disgusting imo. This blaming of the fans is just trying to deflect from the fact we havent got a pot to pi$$ in because of the decisions HE has made.

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Kameron

He spent 50 mins of last nights forum ripping supporters a new one, some of it justified but going on to blame supporters for player recruitment is taking the p I ss.

13 hours ago, james o connor said:

Noted , but you are wrong . We are worse than when he joined . Fact. Skint , rubbish players , and paying far more than any fan in the league for the privilege . And the fact we are in trouble is the fans fault . Brilliant ! 

What am I doing ? Nothing . It’s not my club to run/ruin . Hardly a key board warrior , I’d happily point out his ineptitude to his face. People like you who sit there defending him paying your inflated prices scare me. Are you really that naive / daft? 

Well point it out to his face then. He's said time and time again he'll meet fans with grievances face to face. Did you apply for tickets to the meeting last night? It's you that's totally wrong. We're not skint as you put it, and as for rubbish players, we've got a squad of players that finished in 2 consecutive play-offs. You need to calm down, perhaps take up meditation or heaven forbid find other interests outside football. 

13 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Spot on mate. You are bang on the money.

It never ends well when chairmen start blaming the supporters. The cretin at chesterfield can vouch for that.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He really is in the wrong business if he doesnt expect any "abuse" what so ever. Personally have never heard or read any abuse directed at his family and him blaming the fans is disgusting imo. This blaming of the fans is just trying to deflect from the fact we havent got a pot to pi$$ in because of the decisions HE has made.

we are customers so we can complain about the 'product' weve bought if its not good enough.

abuse though is a step too far.

2 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

we are customers so we can complain about the 'product' weve bought if its not good enough.

abuse though is a step too far.

hmmm what good does complain do? And the BTW the product you buy is watch a football game, are you saying it's not football? 

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

hmmm what good does complain do? And the BTW the product you buy is watch a football game, are you saying it's not football? 

No, i'm saying its reasonable to expect constructive critisism but to abuse him or his family personally is not.

oh its football...just not very good pal.......:tongue:

11 hours ago, nilsson said:

Abdi is not a one off though and you can blame DC for the transfer policy. You can add plenty of others to the list of poor deals.

We’ve wasted millions on has beens and never beens with no sell on value

I accept you have a point but the big money deals most bang on about (and I assume the ones you refer to now) are Abdi, as we've already mentioned, Matius, Fletcher & Rhodes.

Mattius came with a great reputation and we were excited when he arrived. Again, injuries have robbed us of seeing his potential talents, we've only had glimpses e.g. Leeds wonder goal. If he'd remained injury free & played half-decent I'm sure we would have turned a good profit on him in the current market.

Fletcher was obtained on a free so that has to be factored into his overall cost but agree wages are too high for our club to be paying. However, he's an experienced Premier League striker although he's never been prolific but was a good addition and on his day can be a right handful and has some class.

Rhodes is a strange one. There were plenty in our fanbase crying out for him but I accept the argument there were other areas of the team that were in more need of improvement. There's still a chance he could come good if he has a reasonable season at Norwich and not yet out of the question we could recoup a significant part of his transfer fee or make a profit in the right circumstances.

So again, it's hard to be too critical of DC with these buys, and ultimately, he simply sanctioned them, he wouldn't have been scouting for the players himself. There are other very strange signings that have been poor but suspect they haven't been the ones to impact us too hard financially. 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Am I missing something, or is it the practice of skipping so much of the b=====ks spouted on here. but WHERE HAS DC ACTUALLY BLAMED THE FANS?

Yes . He has criticised the fans for the abuse his family has been subject to on social media - and rightly so.

Anyone can be brave when sitting behind a keyboard, and insulting a man's family! This, to me, is what Chansiri is quite rightly blaming people for..

Many of our fans are certainly far from being angels, and far too often resort to abuse and foul language when people disagree with them, or they do not get their own way.

As far as I can see, since his arrival, DC has poured millions into the club. He has made some wrong decisions, but don't we all, and he has owned up to some of his shortcomings. He has stated quite openly that he would love to pour millions more in, but is prevented from doing so by the F&S Rules. He has tried to do things he has been prevented from doing. He has put faith in his managers, sadly misplaced, but understandable. And he has asked the fans to pay more. This may be termed as insulting the fans, but the fact is that running a stadium like Hillsborough costs more year on year The idea of reducing prices has been tried and failed!.

To me, his mistakes are 1) that he made the mistake of buying in to the fancy of promotion immediately, as if Wednesday were entitled to this as of right. 2) he allowed money to be squandered on players with this in mind and 3) he put too much faith in the belief of the 'loyalty' of all the fans at S6

This, to me, does not deserve abuse in any shape or form. Were I to be DC, and anyone came along with a bid now, I would accept. It would not benefit the club any way, but would reflect on the fans.Incidentally, has anyone tried to get a ticket for Manur lately and seen the pice thei spectators pay, to watch some of the teams we recently scorned Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc.  

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

He spent 50 mins of last nights forum ripping supporters a new one, some of it justified but going on to blame supporters for player recruitment is taking the p I ss.

It's a combination of this and a complete lack of planning for this FFP eventuality that riles people up. If you can't agree then fair enough. But the current trend is to label anyone that criticises his management of the club as 'abusing his family'. It's absolute rubbish and the biggest victim card to play. Where is all this barrage of abuse supposed to have come from apart from the obvious twitter trolls that inhabit EVERY club in the world. Why are we being treated differently for the actions of a few idiotic keyboard warriors. It's the easiest excuse to disguise the poor strategic decision making that's occurred here. Again, if you want to label anything that challenges the actions of our chairman as abusive then we might as well pack up and call it a day now. 

14 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Bang on the money