Operation Blame the Fans

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As I said in another thread I'm devastated by some of the things our chairman has said tonight that I read on the live blog The Star did and Dom Howsons tweets.

BUT we should be careful. I saw many tweets about chansiri saying it was the fans who wanted Rhodes etc but i can't see any of the official and proven sources reporting this. Happy to be shown otherwise but i just wanted to mention it before people go too OTT

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Spot on mate

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

I think he held his hands up to mistakes and highlighted the fans with regards to abuse, the need to pay extra to get more quality on the pitch (to remain within FFP). The Jordan Rhodes thing was his own doing, either way. 

Awesome stuff. Now I know we've been properly managed from the top down and can look forward to a stable next 2 seasons. After all it's not as though we're even paying that much for it all. 

If this is true, and I have yet to read the corroborated transcript of the meeting tonight, then a chairman blaming the fans in any circumstances is pretty damn bad. But to say something like that after we've put up with the mis-management of the club (not just on the field but off it; including ridiculous matchday prices, shirt prices etc) is unbelievable. It isn't the actions of a sound businessman at all. He's put the club in the financial predicament it is now in. He should accept complete responsibility for what is happening and where it could lead us. Blaming the fans isn't going to get us onside and behind him; in fact it could have quite the opposite effect.

1 minute ago, poite said:

As I said in another thread I'm devastated by some of the things our chairman has said tonight that I read on the live blog The Star did and Dom Howsons tweets.

BUT we should be careful. I saw many tweets about chansiri saying it was the fans who wanted Rhodes etc but i can't see any of the official and proven sources reporting this. Happy to be shown otherwise but i just wanted to mention it before people go too OTT

I've been screaming out for pace for about 3 years. It's absolutely fallen on deaf ears that one. 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Can’t stand the man , he is a poison that’s killing the club . It’s awful to watch . I’d love to be at these meetings , and for him to tell me it’s the fans fault . Complete and utter prat

I think your comments make you sound like a complete and utter prat. I wouldn't blame the guy for leaving if he gets comments like that

The guy has come in and put a load of his own money into trying to get us promoted. Weve had the bet two seasons for years yet hes 'poison killing the club'  

What are you doing about moving the club forward ? being a keyboard warrior spreading your own poison ?

• Like 1

Just now, wakefieldowl said:

I think your comments make you sound like a complete and utter prat. I wouldn't blame the guy for leaving if he gets comments like that

The guy has come in and put a load of his own money into trying to get us promoted. Weve had the bet two seasons for years yet hes 'poison killing the club'  

What are you doing about moving the club forward ? being a keyboard warrior spreading your own poison ?

Are you confident he's planned well for this eventuality then? 

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

Noted , but you are wrong . We are worse than when he joined . Fact. Skint , rubbish players , and paying far more than any fan in the league for the privilege . And the fact we are in trouble is the fans fault . Brilliant ! 

What am I doing ? Nothing . It’s not my club to run/ruin . Hardly a key board warrior , I’d happily point out his ineptitude to his face. People like you who sit there defending him paying your inflated prices scare me. Are you really that naive / daft? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

I suppose you'll be one of them spit polishing Chansiris shoes and applauding him if they closed the gates at Hillsborough?

Stop dwelling on the past because it's got us absolutely nowhere, in fact it has, we are deep in it now more than ever and the man responsible for it chooses to blame the fans (that's you as well) and has no business or financial sense whatsoever and somehow you still cling on to something to defend him. 

It's the Chansiri defenders that will help him kill this club. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Can’t stand the man , he is a poison that’s killing the club . It’s awful to watch . I’d love to be at these meetings , and for him to tell me it’s the fans fault . Complete and utter prat

You're hard.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Noted , but you are wrong . We are worse than when he joined . Fact. Skint , rubbish players , and paying far more than any fan in the league for the privilege . And the fact we are in trouble is the fans fault . Brilliant ! 

What am I doing ? Nothing . It’s not my club to run/ruin . Hardly a key board warrior , I’d happily point out his ineptitude to his face. People like you who sit there defending him paying your inflated prices scare me. Are you really that naive / daft? 

It's absolutely staggering. People are happy with the gross mismanagement or lack of experience thats completely failed to plan for this eventuality. People have paid more than they've ever paid to watch this team and to wear our shirt. AND the same people are being blamed for the fact that we're in the crap. :laugh: Honestly one of the most ridiculous nightmares that could be imagined.