Operation Blame the Fans

18 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's strange, every single chairman of every other football club doesn't seem to have the same problems with coping with the expectations of social media and it's own fans. Neither do businesses. Its rare you see the actual customers get blamed. 

But the spinning has already started as I thought it would .

Great bloke, passionate, holds his hands up, wants to please and engage with fans,  just a bit sensitive but that’s a good thing, tried his best, we need to back him, he just needs a hand, English isn’t his native tongue. 

Tomorrow the usual suspects will be hammering on about it and ignoring the colossal level of mismanagement and intransigence that has seen us drop into the sh 1te. 

9 minutes ago, Brommers said:

And you know this How? No doubt someone speculated it on here and it then becomes fact.

Clearly his signing hasn't worked out but again we can't blame DC for the injury record or Carlos being reluctant to play him.

Abdi is not a one off though and you can blame DC for the transfer policy. You can add plenty of others to the list of poor deals.

We’ve wasted millions on has beens and never beens with no sell on value

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

And if you think our better players will still be with us next season I’ll have some of what you are smoking. 

Plus we’re hugely in debt to Chansiri or whoever is backing him. 

Where have I said anybody will be with us next season???

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

In full swing. Scary times and even though we are spending more money than ever on the club we are first in the firing line from the chairman. Absolutely astounding and people will lap it up. ITS OUR FAULT. He's literally blaming the fans for everything right down to the sale of Jack Hunt.

No long term financial planning gone into managing this squad. A catastrophic failure to understand the fan base, pricing strategies or the basic needs of football fans. Denial of any information about embargo. Efforts made to kill off business from fans that don't own season tickets. 

What does the future hold? Unless we're promoted the squad will see it's best players sold off. This should have been planned for years ago. Take Derby. They consistently sell and refresh the squad and hence don't risk a catastrophic drop in playing budget OR the desperation of a poo or bust season that we now face. There's no one involved at the top level of the club that has the skills or experience to restructure the playing staff. Instead we are still believing in the same players that have failed in the past, on large and comfortable contracts. There are no football people. No direction. It's scary. And people are absolutely backing Chansiri up on it all. How do you feel that the future of the playing squad hasn't been planned for at all? 

But if you take home one thing tonight don't forget it's YOUR FAULT. 

I'm not expecting promotion. I'm not expecting to watch a team that plays like Barcelona. I haven't seen my team play in the Premier League. But jesus christ I expect to see some contingency plans in place and some direction from the top down before being blamed for our current downfall. It hurts a lot to hear it. Maybe it's an eye for an eye now. 

Can't believe 3 knobs have negged this thread.

!00% spot on and you that have negged, shame on you and I'll take the negs for this.

Richard heads...............

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Where have I said anybody will be with us next season???

You talked about us being comfortably good enough to stay up. Strip away Bannan and Fessi and I think that’s questionable. Then we aren’t comfortably good enough to stay up - in fact without the spirit of Gray’s side we would risk relegation. In my opinion of course. 

We are this season and if Bannan and Fessi left I still think we would stay up the season after as the squad would still be better than before DC. If we lose Lees, Reach, Bannan, Fessi, Joao then I might start to plan for League one again. 

Going to wait until I read entire star thread tomorrow before commenting anymore.

6 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Can't believe 3 knobs have negged this thread.

!00% spot on and you that have negged, shame on you and I'll take the negs for this.

Richard heads...............

I don't believe the OP was actually there and neither was I, so I'm not going to put such a negative spin on things and there's nothing to gain from it either apart from afew sheeply likes.

Edited by bigash_swfc

6 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I don't understand your mumbling

No mumbling pal.

After following my beloved club for neigh on 60 years (63yo) and to listen to a guy level all his and advisors failings at the fans, is hard to swallow.

I always thought DC was distanced from us and tonight has proved it.

Came across as no more than an acquisition to his wardrobe.

Sad, sad, state of affairs but as you said, not there to feel the pain, so just keep hitting the neg button.

DC  move on please.

]

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's absolutely staggering. People are happy with the gross mismanagement or lack of experience thats completely failed to plan for this eventuality. People have paid more than they've ever paid to watch this team and to wear our shirt. AND the same people are being blamed for the fact that we're in the crap. :laugh: Honestly one of the most ridiculous nightmares that could be imagined. 

Stockholm syndrome should be renamed Hillsborough syndrome.

The amount of things that some fans happily turn a blind eye to all because a Chairman has come in and thrown a few shekels around the place is absolutely staggering. Someone already said it before but it’s eerily close to cult like behaviour. We all love Sheffield Wednesday but some of us won’t stand there grinning like the Cheshire Cat when we feel the club is taking us and fellow supporters for mugs. If that makes us ‘traitors’ or ‘closet blunts’ or ‘the enemy’  then so be it. 

3 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

You put your own spin on that post and you know it. 

Operation blame the fans was not the message coming out of the reports tonight.....

You sound like a blunt!

This has got to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on this forum ever...and I’ve seen all my own posts. It’s like summat out of bizzaro world. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I suppose you'll be one of them spit polishing Chansiris shoes and applauding him if they closed the gates at Hillsborough?

Stop dwelling on the past because it's got us absolutely nowhere, in fact it has, we are deep in it now more than ever and the man responsible for it chooses to blame the fans (that's you as well) and has no business or financial sense whatsoever and somehow you still cling on to something to defend him. 

It's the Chansiri defenders that will help him kill this club. 

Agree 100%, too many luvvies cannot see what he has done

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Stockholm syndrome should be renamed Hillsborough syndrome.

The amount of things that some fans happily turn a blind eye to all because a Chairman has come in and thrown a few shekels around the place is absolutely staggering. Someone already said it before but it’s eerily close to cult like behaviour. We all love Sheffield Wednesday but some of us won’t stand there grinning like the Cheshire Cat when we feel the club is taking us and fellow supporters for mugs. If that makes us ‘traitors’ or ‘closet blunts’ or ‘the enemy’  then so be it. 

Too right . I have chosen not to go to any more matches under dc. I refuse to spend vast amounts of money to watch mediocre (at best) football. If that makes me a bad fan or a blunt then so be it , people will eventually do the same . With him In charge it will only get worse. 

I also apologise for questioning his ability to run a football club , clearly it is my fault as I once shouted out at a reserve game 

" if only we had a semi rich bloke in charge who would recklessly spend money after listening to Bob in the Shakey"

anyone ne can be passionate and makes claims about family abuse to stir up emotive defences... What I want is a thick skinned intelligent businessman with a strategy and plan! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

But the spinning has already started as I thought it would .

Great bloke, passionate, holds his hands up, wants to please and engage with fans,  just a bit sensitive but that’s a good thing, tried his best, we need to back him, he just needs a hand, English isn’t his native tongue. 

Tomorrow the usual suspects will be hammering on about it and ignoring the colossal level of mismanagement and intransigence that has seen us drop into the sh 1te. 

Always good then that the other side of "The usual Suspects" get their retaliation in first then eh?

Maybe some will take last night's hysteria on here as gospel, maybe some will look at Trickytrevs precis and make their own mind up.

I assume it's ok by you that people make their own minds up is it?

Said this in another thread last night, but DC knows what he’s doing. He knows how to weaponise divisions in the fanbase for his gain.

Sheffield Wednesday is now a football club for the haves and have nots. That’s the culture the Chairman has fostered and wants. And worse than that, he’s prepared to utilise the haves in telling the have nots (and the choose nots) why they’re inferior and not proper fans. That’s now Sheffield Wednesday Football Club under this Chairman.