What’s happened to our away support?

38 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes but to want to commit violence on a fellow fan is beyond frustration through unfulfilled expectations . I love to see passion in our support but good grief what the frig is up with those so called fans . WAWAW ? 

What makes a murderer a murderer, those triggers in the nobbers minds are quite obviously not normal.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
11 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Expectation rose after Wembley and that mixed with an underlying resentment about pricing, lack of quality on the pitch, pigs doing OK, poor signings and generally going backwards has made us all (at times) angry and potentially toxic. Me included

Fk off

It was the Radio Sheffield commentary thing that tipped it over this weekend for sure.

2 much disrispekt for nuff old relativz mix wiv loadz ov ale and cheez and BOOM init.

There are tweets all over Facebook about it and my daughter showed me a Snapchat on her Instagram too.

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

I’ve noticed over the past decade that our away support appears to be less patient, less supportive and really fractured. 

I saw fans arguing with each other about various things all over the place yesterday - which is commonplace now; some fans going ballistic at certain players for the slightest mistake - commonplace; and the atmosphere, singing and encouragement going from supreme to non-existent when we went behind - again commonplace. 

It it was never brilliant all the time before but we as away fans can be bloody inpatient and fractious at times now. 

We we need to change. 

Because we need a strong chairman and a strong manager...we’ve got neither 

The concourse thing is just lads acting like hooligans knowing that they’re safe.

its really grim.

they can film it and look like “lads” but they’re really just acting like divs in front of normal fans.

has anyone ever seen any of these “lads” acting like that in a pub in the town centre of an away game - doesn’t happen.

hooliganism for the smart phone generation.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

And there we have the classic example of what has happened to our support....wawaw mate?

Sorry. It was a joke. Too subtle?

10 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So taking drugs when we are losing is just like us old boys having a drink , drowning our sorrows ? . Never understand anyone getting off their head on booze before a game,  so taking drugs well it’s shocking actually hope I never bump into a coked up lunatic at a game 

Are we speaking about coke like its a brand new drug to the market here? Some of the older gen have been doing it for decades. 

Guest Theboylangers

I can't comment as I was off my face on booze, coke, LSD, weed and some pills someone in the ground kindly gave me. I thought it was a Gaviscon as I had reyt bad heartburn. 

:tango:

21 hours ago, shandypants said:

I’ve noticed over the past decade that our away support appears to be less patient, less supportive and really fractured. 

I saw fans arguing with each other about various things all over the place yesterday - which is commonplace now; some fans going ballistic at certain players for the slightest mistake - commonplace; and the atmosphere, singing and encouragement going from supreme to non-existent when we went behind - again commonplace. 

It it was never brilliant all the time before but we as away fans can be bloody inpatient and fractious at times now. 

We we need to change. 

Agree, we've seen far worse times and fans never got in to fights and arguments with one another, even relegation to league one when we was absolute garbage fans stayed behind players, we had party atmosphere's at places like Preston and Norwich when we was getting well beaten.

It must be something in the beer. 

Just now, victorturner said:

Our away support at least a part of it,  is very worrying for club and supporters because of their crazy attitude and behaviour often fuelled by drink. People are starting to get injured. A topic for the Forum? It needs curbing.

Maybe another fans forum - not tonight's 

Tonight we need to know

1) What is the exact full situation at SWFC 

2) What is the Chairman's exact plan moving forward?

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, ka58 said:

The concourse thing is just lads acting like hooligans knowing that they’re safe.

its really grim.

they can film it and look like “lads” but they’re really just acting like divs in front of normal fans.

has anyone ever seen any of these “lads” acting like that in a pub in the town centre of an away game - doesn’t happen.

hooliganism for the smart phone generation.

We had some on our bus to Cardiff last season, throwing beer about on bus, throwing it at Derby fans at services, they were banging on windows when stuck in traffic outside a really rough looking pub near Cardiff ground, had pub turned out they'd have poo there pants. 

They're barred from our bus now by coach company and us. 

14 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I can't comment as I was off my face on booze, coke, LSD, weed and some pills someone in the ground kindly gave me. I thought it was a Gaviscon as I had reyt bad heartburn. 

:tango:

I went in that Asda near the ground before the game with my young 'un and we went on a hoisin duck flavour crisps and cherry flavoured pepsi rampage.

• Haha 1