What’s happened to our away support?

I’ve noticed over the past decade that our away support appears to be less patient, less supportive and really fractured. 

I saw fans arguing with each other about various things all over the place yesterday - which is commonplace now; some fans going ballistic at certain players for the slightest mistake - commonplace; and the atmosphere, singing and encouragement going from supreme to non-existent when we went behind - again commonplace. 

It it was never brilliant all the time before but we as away fans can be bloody inpatient and fractious at times now. 

We we need to change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Too many people passing their tickets on to the charlie brigade.

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

What a strange comment!

He has a point..

tanked up coke heads are becoming too frequent at away games

• Like 1

You can see the change in the fan base over the last 5 years.

Some think we’ve got more money than we’ve actually got (and the chairman should through his money away) and that no other clubs are spending; so we should win every week. 

Being thick, pissed, or off your head or all three doesn’t help either. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’ve noticed over the past decade that our away support appears to be less patient, less supportive and really fractured. 

I saw fans arguing with each other about various things all over the place yesterday - which is commonplace now; some fans going ballistic at certain players for the slightest mistake - commonplace; and the atmosphere, singing and encouragement going from supreme to non-existent when we went behind - again commonplace. 

It it was never brilliant all the time before but we as away fans can be bloody inpatient and fractious at times now. 

We we need to change. 

We had 2 good seasons and got everybodys expectations up my opinion it was hard to watch at times yesterday .however if he gets his team and tactics better we can have a half decent season

Drugs, alcohol, people suffering depression and mental health issues all looking for football to give them some escape and enjoyment. When it doesn’t it is like a powder keg ready to go.

I don’t necessarily mean large numbers but a small co-hort is enough to spoil it for the majority.

• Haha 1

I had the misfortune to be near the back on a gang way and the amount of pills being dished out would have put boots to shame. 

That said not as annoying as a certain ex shareholders chairman slagging off every player going especially Dawson and Bannon

Combination of factors over the last 12 months or so have lead to our large away support being very fractured. I always think first games of the season away from home are always combustable affairs as over the summer many of our village idiots seem to have locked themselves away in hiding and forgot how to drink or behave. They then get all excited and carried away and it spills over and turns sour.

Preston last year and yesterday was a combination of the build up over the summer of relevant wednesday news, fuelled by plenty of beer and some columbian marching powder no doubt on an empty head in warm sunny conditions. 20 mins before kick off the place was bouncing and the atmosphere on the concourse was fantastic, I was really looking forward to the day after sitting in the car for 4 hours travelling up from Birmingham. 

Then the game started and with it came the arguing which didnt rear its head in all honesty until Wigans 3rd went in. I was stood just in front of the disabled section yesterday and I honestly didnt see or hear too much that I thought was unwarranted both from those dishing it out and those giving it back. No worse than a weekly basis at hillsborough and I usually sit in the south stand where someone muttering even the smallest displeasure is vehemently tutted at and they receive some mean eye rolls !!

I left right on full time so much of the reported trouble after i must have missed. It really is a game of fine margins as had Reach or Palmer taken one of those chances at the end the entire away end would have gone bonkers and we would have all gone away feeling much better at snatching a point.   

Here's  to those mid January away days when everyone has calmed down a bit on a rainy day in Blackburn. 

Edited by matt_johno43

3 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s a total disgrace 

Nearly 5k go to watch a team play absolutely rubbish and a few of them have the cheek to be a little bit grumpy 

I doubt I’ll ever get over this 

I think every SWFC fan is grumpy when we lose. 

Edited by Rogers