#SWFC BREAKING - here is how Wednesday line up today

12 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I don’t see it like that

Weve got two outstanding young goalkeepers and Westwood leaving frees up their path to the first team 

We potentially don’t have to worry about the goalkeeping situation now for another decade 

Correction promising young goalkeepers. Many youngsters don’t always live up to that promise. That’s not opinion it’s fact. 

38 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Looks like

Dawson

JVA.   Lees. Pudil 

Palmer.                               Reach

Pessy.  Hutch    

Bannan

Nuhiu.        FF

Not bad tbh

Close to what I was hoping for. Joao unlucky to miss out. 

35 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I'm more gutted we're lining up with Joey and Hutch in midfield. Distinct lack of balance...

Hoping Bannan plays further forward and supports front 2

While I like Jos and Im a fan of all three in mid today, Nando and Nuhiu better be in goalscoring form becouse those 3 won't get into double figures for goals between them and that's over the whole season. Lol

13 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I don’t see it like that

Weve got two outstanding young goalkeepers and Westwood leaving frees up their path to the first team 

We potentially don’t have to worry about the goalkeeping situation now for another decade 

It's difficult to imagine both of them being willing to stay around for that length of time if they're really that good.

12 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

While I like Jos and Im a fan of all three in mid today, Nando and Nuhiu better be in goalscoring form becouse those 3 won't get into double figures for goals between them and that's over the whole season. Lol

Agreed, need to add goals from midfield and/or set plays. 

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's difficult to imagine both of them being willing to stay around for that length of time if they're really that good.

They are both that good imo and something will have to give eventually. Dawson just edges it for me though, he just seems more vocal and abit more commanding than Wildsmith 

13 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Bannan         115+5 appearances (5 goals)

Hutchinson    93+10 (5)

Pelupessy     18+1 (1)

TOTAL           226+16 (11)

I don't mind it being a relatively conservative line-up. Away to a promoted club on the first day can be a tough gig, and Jos has at least got more depth* on the bench to call upon should he need to switch things up a few gears tactically. 

*I don't mean the actual bench itself is deep, physically or philosophically. I'm not saying it isn't deep either. I haven't seen the bench at Wigan. Probably seats anyway.

14 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

All these silly little games like....

I will reveal who is my number 1 on Thursday.

If he had come out and told the media Westwood wasnt in his plans we could have sold him by now 

I don't really think that's how transfer work.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Would struggle more with Joey and Hutch in a midfield two surely? 

Guess I should expand on that, Snoots.........I was also hoping that Reach was in midfield, Hutch centre half and VA left full back.lol

disclaimer........I can't count 

Edited by Weshallovercome

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Bannan         115+5 appearances (5 goals)

Hutchinson    93+10 (5)

Pelupessy     18+1 (1)

TOTAL           226+16 (11)

It’s not just the goals either Adding another midfielder to gain some extra creativity, I can just about tolerate, but playing 2 holding midfielders? We’re away at Wigan, not the Camp Nou

11 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Mate.....there is a current goalkeeper merry-go round going on between clubs right now. 

Now is the best chance to sell him him.

Yeah, but just simply announcing his availability to the media is not how you make a transfer happen. How do you know we haven't been trying to sell him already? It takes someone willing to buy at the right price not just a story in the press.