#SWFC BREAKING - here is how Wednesday line up today

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, evaD said:

He will be injured within the next five games playing the role he did against Villareal

Maybe maybe not; hopefully not. Terrific player.

Pretty much as expected and its good to see reach at lwb, the rest is not so great only playing two up top seems negative as does playing two defensive midfielders, given hutchs injury problems and the fact we dont have another dm it seems like we'd be better going with one and letting pelupessy and hutch share this position. 

Playing in a two rarely gets the best out of nuhiu and ff, wigan seemed like a good opener to go with a three with joao, with fletcher and matias in the mix as well it seems we'd be better going for teams rather than trying to defend.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

The real stuff starts today. I expect us to play with a lot more energy than in the friendlies.

Come on scintillate Wednesday; scintillate.

20 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm hoping it's 4-4-2, because if Bannan, Joey and Hutch are our midfield 3 then we're going to struggle to score.

Actually it's perfect. The team is totally unbalanced when Bannan drops deep looking for the ball. 2 defensive midfielders allows him to push further forward. 

13 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

As a fan I am far more concerned that we are selling a player of Westwood’s quality. This should concern people a lot more than the RS commentary. Bet it hardly raises a ripple with some. 

The commentary is the new stripes

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We don't really have any alternatives though do we? Lee is injured, Abdi may as well be a figment of the imagination, Jones is a poor version of the two defensive midfielders we've got in the starting line-up already and then you're down to the Academy squad. The wingbacks are a weakness, but for me this area is the biggest problem on the team. There is absolutely no depth worth a damn.

Id go with reach in the middle and have boyd as Lwb. 

15 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Same starting 11 as against Villareal? 

No. Wildsmith was in goal and Boyd at left wing back.

Hoping Pudil will be in the centre with van Aken the left sided centre back too, unlike against Villarreal.

13 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Actually it's perfect. The team is totally unbalanced when Bannan drops deep looking for the ball. 2 defensive midfielders allows him to push further forward. 

Bannan loves to pick the ball up from his own box, so he’ll still probably do that

12 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

As a fan I am far more concerned that we are selling a player of Westwood’s quality. This should concern people a lot more than the RS commentary. Bet it hardly raises a ripple with some. 

I don’t see it like that

Weve got two outstanding young goalkeepers and Westwood leaving frees up their path to the first team 

We potentially don’t have to worry about the goalkeeping situation now for another decade 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Playing one of our best midfielders at left back shouldn’t be a positive - sign of the times 

I except that but if we play a 3. 5 .2 .surely it's the best position for us .I love reach but team comes first and fox is useless anyway fingers crossed