Westwood linked with stoke

Like others have mentioned it’s probably the right time to cash in on Westwood. He’s an exception goal keeper and been a great signing but it’s time to move him on. Let’s get a couple of million for him, get his big wage off the wage bill and put our faith in Cameron Dawson who is a wonderful young goalkeeper. It’s the only sensible outcome in our current predicament. 

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Like others have mentioned it’s probably the right time to cash in on Westwood. He’s an exception goal keeper and been a great signing but it’s time to move him on. Let’s get a couple of million for him, get his big wage off the wage bill and put our faith in Cameron Dawson who is a wonderful young goalkeeper. It’s the only sensible outcome in our current predicament. 

Or keep our better players get promoted and we all live happily ever after.

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You can't just hang onto players forever. 

Clubs sell and move players on - that's how it works. 

But tickets prices stay a premium !! Westwood has and still is one of our big players we are apparently paying such a high price for isn’t he ? 

51 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I really don’t want to see our shining light players from seasons past play against us :( 

These are mercenary footballers. I couldn’t give a fiddlers fart about them after they leave the club.

Dont get the emotional attachment to them.

They certainly won’t give Sheffield or SWFC a second thought when they clear off to their next job/pay day. 

More clubs in for him higher the price will go hopefully. He’s been a great keeper for us but when you factor in all the circumstances like injuries, contract and our financial situation, keeping hold of him is not going to happen.

Simple fact is that 3 into 2 does not go.. Jos appears to have made his mind up by leaving Westwood out for pre season games Westwoods reaction on Twitter was unusual too.. Saturday's team selection  will reveal all. I doubt Westwood will be at S6 after the close of this window.. Just don't let him go for peanuts.

7 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

They are good but not yet ready for a full season in the Championship.

You sound like Carlos.

One or t'other will make it big time (maybe both). We are heading down a different road now and youth will be given their chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

You sound like Carlos.

One or t'other will make it big time (maybe both). We are heading down a different road now and youth will be given their chance.

'Not ready for a full season' - not the same as not playing them.

Perhaps but it will be a rocky road and I still think expectations of many are too low based on the quality we have in the squad.

58 minutes ago, Watson said:

Or keep our better players get promoted and we all live happily ever after.

This masterplan hasn't worked out too well for us so far, unfortunately.

If this season follows a similar pattern, then Westwood may well walk away on a free transfer in 12 months' time and we'll lose out on the only opportunity we might get to invest in the squad for the coming season.

He's a great keeper at this level, but sometimes needs must...

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If you're good enough your old enough. 

I'd have no problem with either Dawson or wildsmith starting next week. 

I think both are good and have lots of potential but neither is the finished article yet. I'm worried that a full season for one of them behind our defence could have a detrimental impact on their career. Need to spend more time working with Nicky Weaver - now that's a good appointment.

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

'Not ready for a full season' - not the same as not playing them.

Perhaps but it will be a rocky road and I still think expectations of many are too low based on the quality we have in the squad.

Jos will continue to rotate them as needed.

Your expectations appear low if you are expecting a "rocky road". We have a good quality squad, that needs reducing in the right areas.We have enough to push for a top 6 spot, don't fret.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This masterplan hasn't worked out too well for us so far, unfortunately.

If this season follows a similar pattern, then Westwood may well walk away on a free transfer in 12 months' time and we'll lose out on the only opportunity we might get to invest in the squad for the coming season.

He's a great keeper at this level, but sometimes needs must...

Needs must so let's think positive and keep him.

A flood always starts with a trickle