Westwood linked with stoke

HITC suggesting West Brom and Stoke interested and a move to Cardiff fell through earlier in the window.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/26/report-west-brom-and-stoke-want-sheffield-wednesdays-keiren-west/

If that's true, big if, looks like we want to sell him. I can see the sense in that if we are going to mark time this season. If we were seriously going for promotion we would hold on to him. Good news for the 2 understudies.

A piece of business worth considering in our apparent FFP situation. Last year of his contract and value longer term in developing Dawson and Wildsmith. 

We aren't going to be challenging for promotion so maybe a luxury we can't afford?

Guest Ash76

If he goes we’ll be lucky to get £2m due to age and last yea of his contract. It’s £2m more than what we’ll get this time next year though and honestly think Dawson is more than capable 

Premier League side Southampton and Stoke City are tracking Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Keiren Westwood as the Irishman nears the exit door at Hillsborough, according to The Daily Mail. 

The shot stopper was left out of Tuesday’s pre-season friendly with Mansfield Town, with manager Jos Luhukay signalling a knee injury as the reason for his exclusion.

However, the former Coventry City man took to social media to quickly dispel those rumours, saying: ‘I missed one training session last Thursday. I’m not injured and haven’t been all pre-season.”