Shirts On Sale Now

8 minutes ago, poite said:

Can we move posts like this into the thread called 'deluded'? 

I love how some people cant understand the concept of 'not being able to afford something'. Being a loyal supporter has no connection to what a person can afford financially. If I was a person whi went to every single game home and away but then suddenly lost my job would I then not be a loyal supporter anymore because I couldn't afford tickets?  

This is why so many people end up in a world of debt in this day and age. Credit cards, loans, online banking etc just brainwash people into thinking money is no longer an issue or factor in life. People think they can just afford anything anything because they shove a piece of plastic in front of a card reader and it magically produces a receipt. 

Any way, and on the other point - I'd much rather have a £40 Puma shirt than a £59 Elev8 shirt. Without a doubt. How on earth have you come to the conclusion that Elev8 is a superior quality to Puma? Who else is using Elev8 to back this nonsense up? I bet you that it costs far less for Elev8 than it does Puma - we just have a chairman who likes to fill his pockets. 

And the deluded bit definately refers to us paying top whack for a good cause which is getting back to the Premier League - my God. 

Last season’s shirt was the best quality shirt that we’ve had for donkeys years that’s why I say it. As a proper fan I bought it despite it not being stripes because I love the club and want to do everything I can to get it promoted back to where it belongs. You clearly don’t. That’s fine I guess it’s a free country, you do your thing while the loyal supporters carry on being the backbone of this great club.

UTO

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, poite said:

Oh dont - he'll never understand something like this

What is it that i wouldn't understand 

If you wish to discus my opinion then have the decency to talk to me not about me 

I don’t think the price point on the shirts are far off, couple of quid here n there but with the loyalty points accumulated on your ST card you make it back anyway on your next purchase in the club store

Job well done this season

Cracking design, much improved quality and released in time for the kids holidays

Deary me fellows - moan because the shirts aren't here then moan when they are!

I've just ordered mine online (2XL as I think the sizes are a bit small you know. ...ahem!)

Does this action put me on people's hate list???lol

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

When Daveyboy posts about the football he usually posts interesting, well readable views.

I prefer when he posts about football instead of just coming on to constantly attack Wednesday fans. his football posts are way better

Thank you Neil...the football starts in two weeks...it's the faux outrage that gets on my wick from the same people all the time whether it be the kit, catering, club shop, transfer policy or the general running of the club. The fans who " are the club" are the same people I've been going to the matches with for the last 50 years most of whom are long time season ticket holders and have been regardless of who the owner is, what league we have been in, or how little success we've seen. We would all like the shirts to be £30 and season ticket holders getting one free but we know it isn't going to happen and the ones making all the noise most likely are the ones who would never buy one anyway. Roll on the football

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Deary me fellows - moan because the shirts aren't here then moan when they are!

I've just ordered mine online (2XL as I think the sizes are a bit small you know. ...ahem!)

Does this action put me on people's hate list???lol

No mate, just a happy clapper.....(joke)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, owlmark said:

Now the shirts are out, summat else to moan about!

Err no, I'm wanting Wednesday to present themselves like a professional business and display the products in a way that they'll get decent sales. They look like they've just unpacked some boxes at market stall and taken photos.

29 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

There is no law to say you have to buy something the first day it comes on sale, it was quite the thing back in the day to get a kit for your birthday or xmas, 

True mate, when i was a kid,.sometimes i would have to wait for Christmas/birthdays too for kits but thats when we had kits for 2 years, people don’t want to wait until Christmas/birthdays now because kits only last 1 year,so people like to get um as close to release day as possible so they get more for their money - us yorkshiremen eh

In some cities there’s often a class distinction between the two clubs and their supporters. One may have a more refined, well educated middle class fan base whilst the other appeals to the lower classes and dregs of society. While I already thought there was a small class distinction between Owls and Blades supporters I believe that the price differences and higher quality of talent at Hillsborough will make that divide even more pronounced in the coming decades which to be honest I welcome wholeheartedly. I want people to see our fans as well educated, affluent and hardworking compared to those that fill the ranks at S2. Long may it continue. 

Edited by Rebowl Yell

4 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

True mate, when i was a kid,.sometimes i would have to wait for Christmas/birthdays too for kits but thats when we had kits for 2 years, people don’t want to wait until Christmas/birthdays now because kits only last 1 year,so people like to get um as close to release day as possible so they get more for their money - us yorkshiremen eh

I know what you are saying but my point is if money is tight for people,put a tenner away each week from the end of the season (because lets be fair i would say 95% of people who go to matches spends a tenner each time), then 6 weeks later when the kit is out you've got your money for the shirt 

14 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Thank you Neil...the football starts in two weeks...it's the faux outrage that gets on my wick from the same people all the time whether it be the kit, catering, club shop, transfer policy or the general running of the club. The fans who " are the club" are the same people I've been going to the matches with for the last 50 years most of whom are long time season ticket holders and have been regardless of who the owner is, what league we have been in, or how little success we've seen. We would all like the shirts to be £30 and season ticket holders getting one free but we know it isn't going to happen and the ones making all the noise most likely are the ones who would never buy one anyway. Roll on the football

I reckon (and really hope) that this season will be a way more positive one

It's always better when there's positivity pouring out of Owlstalk instead of niggles and complaints

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Err no, I'm wanting Wednesday to present themselves like a professional business and display the products in a way that they'll get decent sales. They look like they've just unpacked some boxes at market stall and taken photos.

To be fair They'd get the same sales if they left them in the brown boxes they came in and just told you to rummage through to find your size 

36 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

There is no law to say you have to buy something the first day it comes on sale, it was quite the thing back in the day to get a kit for your birthday or xmas, 

Understand what you are saying fella but didn't the prices go up last year if you didn't buy your shirt straight away.

I am sure if no one buy one before the end of the week, the clubs marketing department will be advertising the new kits.

I am happy for the stripes, I understand the club needing to increase turnover but £59 on a shirt or £49 on a shirt, the difference to the fans is a lot, the different to the club is minimal when compared to getting rid of Fletcher off the wage bill, or abdi, or jones or matias.

I would love to know of the £59 how much we as a club make on it compared to if we sold mass produced shirts of a lesser quality from Puma, Nike, Adidas. I hope we are making a lot more.

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Understand what you are saying fella but didn't the prices go up last year if you didn't buy your shirt straight away.

I am sure if no one buy one before the end of the week, the clubs marketing department will be advertising the new kits.

I am happy for the stripes, I understand the club needing to increase turnover but £59 on a shirt or £49 on a shirt, the difference to the fans is a lot, the different to the club is minimal when compared to getting rid of Fletcher off the wage bill, or abdi, or jones or matias.

I would love to know of the £59 how much we as a club make on it compared to if we sold mass produced shirts of a lesser quality from Puma, Nike, Adidas. I hope we are making a lot more.

I thought the whole point of making "our own" kit was so that we had a far greater share of the profit made from these, than if we had a stranded of the shelf plug and play kit from Puma Nike Adidas etc 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

I thought the whole point of making "our own" kit was so that we had a far greater share of the profit made from these, than if we had a stranded of the shelf plug and play kit from Puma Nike Adidas etc 

It's probably two-fold: the greater share of profit, and also the ability to have far greater creative control over the designs.

So the diff between short and long sleeve is 5 quid, couldn't they just use the extra material used for long sleeve, and use it for short sleeve,

so my thinking is if you reckon on the arms unstiched would need at least 3 pieces to cover the front, say for arguments sake 4 pieces for front and four for the back,

it works out at 20 quid a shirt, OK, no long sleeves available but I think fans would put up with that, and they would shift a lot more at that price,

win win all round.

Sure I'm missing summat.