Shirts On Sale Now

Hi guys, genuine question, I was thinking about getting the new shirt for the first time years, looked a the back and thinking that looks a bit plain how much for Forestieri 45 on the back... I was just about to click checkout and then I thought to myself I am going to look a right c**k all season long if he leaves before the end of the transfer window. Should I just get one blank one for now, wait and see, or go with Bannan?

Edited by TrueOwl

2 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Hi guys, genuine question, I was thinking about getting the new shirt for the first time years, looked a the back and thinking that looks a bit plain how much for Forestieri 45 on the back... I was just about to click checkout and then I thought to myself I am going to look a right c**k all season long if he leaves before the end of the transfer window. Should I just get one blank one for now, wait and see, or go with Bannan?

Million dollar question that one!

I personally think he'll stay

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Million dollar question that one!

I personally think he'll stay

Thought about it some more and I'm not going to temp fate which will surely happen with that written on my back like a kick me sign.

50 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Only time I had anything on the back was when Emerson Thome played for us. The people in the shop told me that he’d have Emerson on the back of his own shirt. Quite why he ever would I don’t know (though it was around the time that the Brazilian Emerson played for Boro) but I was young and gullible a fell hook, line and sinker for their silky sales patter.

Imagine my horror when he turned up wearing “Thome” on the first day of the season and that I’d have a full season with the wrong name on my back. Never again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Only time I had anything on the back was when Emerson Thome played for us. The people in the shop told me that he’d have Emerson on the back of his own shirt. Quite why he ever would I don’t know (though it was around the time that the Brazilian Emerson played for Boro) but I was young and gullible a fell hook, line and sinker for their silky sales patter.

Imagine my horror when he turned up wearing “Thome” on the first day of the season and that I’d have a full season with the wrong name on my back. Never again.

Last time I had a name on the back was probably 8 Carbone in the late 90s as a kid. flipping' heartbroken when he left. So probably a good idea not to repeat history. Thome didn't he play like one season and end up at Chelsea?

Edited by TrueOwl
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Last time I had a name on the back was probably 8 Carbone in the late 90s as a kid. flipping' heartbroken when he left. So probably a good idea not to repeat history. Thome didn't he play like one season and end up at Chelsea?

61 appearances according to Wikipedia then sold to Chelsea for £2.7m. He had a great song to the tune of Little Drummer Boy.

13 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Can you guys have Fox on the back?

Take one for the team as it were

Reminds me of a random video of a man utd midnight kit launch and they asked the kid who he was going to have on his Shirt and before he could reply his dad said he's havin' Jones. I can picture it now.... "...How much?" Some poor kid is going to get Fox, Ha.

Edited by TrueOwl

3 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Go with Nilsson 2. It'll never go out of date. 

5 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

How does that work?

I know for a fact we arent getting the £175k a season up front from Sondico anymore for the privilege of selling the shirts - and I'd like to bet that our margin isn't much different. And certainly not sufficient to justify charging the fans £15 a shirt more

Ask the Chairman?

My answer is Wednesday would get 100% of the profit, not a fraction of it which would be the case with a 3rd party manufacturer like Sondico, Puma, and whoever.

For example (figures made up), Sondico shirts were £15 to manufacture, sold to the club at £30, Wednesday sell them at £40. Sondico make £15/shirt, Wednesday make £10/shirt. Factor in the contract Sondico “won” to be our manufacturer.

Elev8 shirts are £15 to manufacture, the company appears to be owned by our Chairman (or so I believe), so he/Wednesday get said shirts for £15/shirt and sell them for £60/shirt.

I’ve no idea how many shirts we shift, but let’s say 25,000. So, under Sondico we’d make £15 x 25,000, plus the £150k contract = £525k for Wednesday. Under Elev8 we’d make £1.125m for Wednesday. That’s all assuming Mr Chansiri doesn’t pay himself a contract fee like Sondico paid us.

So, assuming I’ve all the facts right, a minimum of £600k/season extra profit is probably the reason why.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Ask the Chairman?

My answer is Wednesday would get 100% of the profit, not a fraction of it which would be the case with a 3rd party manufacturer like Sondico, Puma, and whoever.

For example (figures made up), Sondico shirts were £15 to manufacture, sold to the club at £30, Wednesday sell them at £40. Sondico make £15/shirt, Wednesday make £10/shirt. Factor in the contract Sondico “won” to be our manufacturer.

Elev8 shirts are £15 to manufacture, the company appears to be owned by our Chairman (or so I believe), so he/Wednesday get said shirts for £15/shirt and sell them for £60/shirt.

I’ve no idea how many shirts we shift, but let’s say 25,000. So, under Sondico we’d make £15 x 25,000, plus the £150k contract = £525k for Wednesday. Under Elev8 we’d make £1.125m for Wednesday. That’s all assuming Mr Chansiri doesn’t pay himself a contract fee like Sondico paid us.

So, assuming I’ve all the facts right, a minimum of £600k/season extra profit is probably the reason why.

Your figures are absolutely way out

10 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Your figures are absolutely way out

I said the figures are made up, it’s the play under Sondico and Elev8 that’s the important issue - and the figures there don’t matter, the examples show why we are doing the kits in-house and not with a third party; cos it increases revenue like I said.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I said the figures are made up

But at the end you wrote "assuming I've all the facts right"

lol

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

Just now, bobness said:

But the at the end you wrote "assuming I've all the facts right"

lol

By facts, I mean that Mr Chansiri owns our kit suppliers, that Sondico did pay us a contract fee to be our kit manufacturers, and that both Elev8 and Sondico manufacture shirts for around the same price.

I thought that was pretty obvious given I said the figures were made up to give the examples, which were obviously the important part of the story.

If someone wishes to give me the actual figures, I’ll re-post - not that it’ll make a jot of difference to the point! lol

2 minutes ago, owl4528 said:

Does anybody know if last years 150 anniversary shirts have been discounted now the new ones in stock?

They’ve been reduced to £25 - I think, can’t remember the price, but that’s not important unless you’re @Hillsborough Mole or @bobness, just the fact they are reduced is the important part! lol

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

They’ve been reduced to £25 - I think, can’t remember the price, but that’s not important unless you’re @Hillsborough Mole or @bobness, just the fact they are reduced is the important part! lol

If I have my facts correct, DC has actually raised the price on those to £65*

*this figure is made up

Just now, bobness said:

If I have my facts correct, DC has actually raised the price on those to £65*

*this figure is made up

It’s not the figure that’s important, it’s whether the shirts have been reduced that’s the important thing.

The answer is yes they have. By how much is completely and utterly irrelevant to the question! lol