Shirts On Sale Now

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 13.05.08.jpg

Does anyone else charge an extra £5 for a long sleeve shirt. It sparks of the club taking the wee wee.

It is bad enough we have the most expensive kit in the league to now have to pay extra if you want long sleeves.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Or for the fans who have bought a season ticket this year they get a shirt for £39 but that would be reward fan loyalty something that has never happened under DC.

Season ticket holders currently get the best available price for match day tickets. Surely, that reward for loyalty is sufficient enough?

The club wants to increase revenue, your plan won't do that.

The shirt prices are what they are - they are a rip off, but so is the whole football industry. I've learned to suck it up and pay, or don't bother. It's your right and your choice.

I stand corrected stoke also charge for more fabric. 

Stoke CIty Home shirts £45 SS, £50LS

Swansea City £45

West Brom £50

Derby County £48

Sheffield United £47

Looks like we are the most expensive a shame it is the only league we will be at the top of this season - the rip the fans of league

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does anyone else charge an extra £5 for a long sleeve shirt. It sparks of the club taking the wee wee.

It is bad enough we have the most expensive kit in the league to now have to pay extra if you want long sleeves.

Think you'll find it's actually a discount for the short sleeved version.

lol

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Season ticket holders currently get the best available price for match day tickets. Surely, that reward for loyalty is sufficient enough?

The club wants to increase revenue, your plan won't do that.

The shirt prices are what they are - they are a rip off, but so is the whole football industry. I've learned to suck it up and pay, or don't bother. It's your right and your choice.

I think a better deal would be to offer the free shirt when purchasing say the 4,5,6 year tickets.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When Daveyboy posts about the football he usually posts interesting, well readable views.

I prefer when he posts about football instead of just coming on to constantly attack Wednesday fans. his football posts are way better

I disagree...his football posts are equally crap...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Swansea City £45

West Brom £50

Derby County £48

Sheffield United £47

Looks like we are the most expensive a shame it is the only league we will be at the top of this season - the rip the fans of league

Expensive up front, but don’t season ticket holders get points for the purchase in our club store

Not sure how our points system works to be fair

14 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Or they could price them up more reasonably, and more loyal supporters could buy one.

But whatever.

Loyal supporters would buy one regardless that’s why they are called ‘loyal’ and not cheapskates desperate to get everything on the cheap.

You get what you pay for and we have a quality manufacturer, would you rather we went back to £40 puma stock shirts? Stop moaning and get em bought ffs. All proceeds go to helping this club get back to the premier league, when you look at it like that it’s a veritable bargain if you ask me.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Swansea City £45

West Brom £50

Derby County £48

Sheffield United £47

Why are you comparing us to all those sh*t clubs? Lincoln charge £42 for their shirts are you gonna compare Man Utd to them and say that their shirts are a rip off? No you wouldn’t because Man Utd are a behemoth and can price accordingly.

We are much bigger than all those clubs you listed and for once Mr C is finally bringing the merchandise prices up to level to address that. Might take the cheap skates a few years to adjust but this is the price you pay for supporting one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England. If you still can’t adjust there’s always Rotherham who charge £40.99 for their cheap Puma tat.

Enjoy. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Just give it up now!

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

Why are you comparing us to all those sh*t clubs? Lincoln charge £42 for their shirts are you gonna compare Man Utd to them and say that their shirts are a rip off? No you wouldn’t because Man Utd are a behemoth and can price accordingly.

We are much bigger than all those clubs you listed and for once Mr C is finally bringing the merchandise prices up to level to address that. Might take the cheap skates a few years to adjust but this is the price you pay for supporting one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England. If you still can’t adjust there’s always Rotherham who charge £40.99 for their cheap Puma tat.

Enjoy. 

I have compare us to the clubs in the same divisions as us and what they charge for the shirts. The shirts don't need to be brilliant quality you wear it maybe 20 or 30 times then it gets thrown in a cupboard to never be worn again because you buy the next years shirt.

So yes have a puma king shirt for £30-40 ,which when I was a kid buying them in the 90's they were fine quality for me. Not to mention they are mass produced for a couple of quid each so even at £35 they were still making more than we will be making on our shirts, because Puma are based in the UK not 12,000 miles away where Elev8 are from. 

28 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Or they could price them up more reasonably, and more loyal supporters could buy one.

But whatever.

Oh dont - he'll never understand something like this

20 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Loyal supporters would buy one regardless that’s why they are called ‘loyal’ and not cheapskates desperate to get everything on the cheap.

You get what you pay for and we have a quality manufacturer, would you rather we went back to £40 puma stock shirts? Stop moaning and get em bought ffs. All proceeds go to helping this club get back to the premier league, when you look at it like that it’s a veritable bargain if you ask me.

Can we move posts like this into the thread called 'deluded'? 

I love how some people cant understand the concept of 'not being able to afford something'. Being a loyal supporter has no connection to what a person can afford financially. If I was a person whi went to every single game home and away but then suddenly lost my job would I then not be a loyal supporter anymore because I couldn't afford tickets?  

This is why so many people end up in a world of debt in this day and age. Credit cards, loans, online banking etc just brainwash people into thinking money is no longer an issue or factor in life. People think they can just afford anything anything because they shove a piece of plastic in front of a card reader and it magically produces a receipt. 

Any way, and on the other point - I'd much rather have a £40 Puma shirt than a £59 Elev8 shirt. Without a doubt. How on earth have you come to the conclusion that Elev8 is a superior quality to Puma? Who else is using Elev8 to back this nonsense up? I bet you that it costs far less for Elev8 than it does Puma - we just have a chairman who likes to fill his pockets. 

And the deluded bit definately refers to us paying top whack for a good cause which is getting back to the Premier League - my God. 

35 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Could do with a chest size table for all those buying remotely online

Something so simple to add, but whilst there’s a level of uncertainty due to the recent contrasts it can put people off

100% agree with you.

Last year I bought the shirt in large (usually fits me in the majority of brands) and had to take this back as I resembled Daffyd from Little Britain.

The XXL just about fitted me. We could do with knowing if Elev8 have stuck with the same sizes as last year or have they changed?

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Any way, and on the other point - I'd much rather have a £40 Puma shirt than a £59 Elev8 shirt. Without a doubt. How on earth have you come to the conclusion that Elev8 is a superior quality to Puma? Who else is using Elev8 to back this nonsense up? I bet you that it costs far less for Elev8 than it does Puma - we just have a chairman who likes to fill his pockets. 

I can only speak for myself here, but I own last season's away shirt and the material and manufacture quality is far better - in my opinion - than the shirts I own from when we most recently had Puma. My only gripe is the sizing being a bit less forgiving in the sleeves.

49 minutes ago, The Batman said:

But whatever.

There is no law to say you have to buy something the first day it comes on sale, it was quite the thing back in the day to get a kit for your birthday or xmas, 

5 minutes ago, poite said:

Can we move posts like this into the thread called 'deluded'? 

I love how some people cant understand the concept of 'not being able to afford something'. Being a loyal supporter has no connection to what a person can afford financially. If I was a person whi went to every single game home and away but then suddenly lost my job would I then not be a loyal supporter anymore because I couldn't afford tickets?  

This is why so many people end up in a world of debt in this day and age. Credit cards, loans, online banking etc just brainwash people into thinking money is no longer an issue or factor in life. People think they can just afford anything anything because they shove a piece of plastic in front of a card reader and it magically produces a receipt. 

And the deluded bit definately refers to us paying top whack for a good cause which is getting back to the Premier League - my God. 

To be fair, by definition of loyalty, yes you wouldn't be as loyal any more if you lost your job and couldn't afford to go to watch Wednesday. I used to be a season ticket holder, my wife and I moved to Scotland and I'm no longer a season ticket holder - I'm therefore not as loyal as I once was. Still love the club just as much mind.

The Chairman is trying to increase turn over. By doing the shirts in-house, we get to increase the margin we make. That isn't the case with Puma, Adidas, and whoever. I'm not sure he's filling his own pockets - his club are making massive losses.