Shirts On Sale Now

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

So the diff between short and long sleeve is 5 quid, couldn't they just use the extra material used for long sleeve, and use it for short sleeve,

so my thinking is if you reckon on the arms unstiched would need at least 3 pieces to cover the front, say for arguments sake 4 pieces for front and four for the back,

it works out at 20 quid a shirt, OK, no long sleeves available but I think fans would put up with that, and they would shift a lot more at that price,

win win all round.

Sure I'm missing summat.

I'm not sure if I'm reading that correctly, but are you actually suggesting they make shirts from cut-off pieces of sleeve?

• Haha 4

How is the sizing compared to last season, is the L shirt the same size as last years L shirt?

I seem to remember a lot of complaints, I ended up getting the XL shirt where as I'd normally wear a M or L.

12 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I thought the whole point of making "our own" kit was so that we had a far greater share of the profit made from these, than if we had a stranded of the shelf plug and play kit from Puma Nike Adidas etc 

I don't know that's why i would love to know how much of the £59 is pure profit compare to the off the shelf shirts from everyone else. Even if we sold 20,000 shirts and the shirts were costing us less than £9 to make and transport from Australia (Elev8 is based) we only make £1m which is less than we will paid Abdi or Fletcher or Matias this season. So is it better business for the club to offload these three players and sell kits at £39 than to keep these players and sell shirts at £59.

Do the club give a option of having the numbers and lettering on, it used to be £5 a number and a quid a letter a few years back, but its been a more years than that since I had them on a shirt, presumably the numbering and lettering will also have to be stitched on to, in-keep with the increased shirt quality???

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I'm not sure if I'm reading that correctly, but are you actually suggesting they make shirts from cut-off pieces of sleeve?

No, instead of making the long sleeve at all use the material for short sleeve only.

20 quid, jobs a goodun.

:stuwinky:

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 14.36.29.jpg

Great, but I just need to know if an XL in the new shirt is the same size shirt as the XL last year.

As someone has already said, those sizings are pish.

Is the XL shirt 45" (114cm) or 110cm (43")?

3 minutes ago, nk said:

Great, but I just need to know if an XL in the new shirt is the same size shirt as the XL last year.

As someone has already said, those sizings are pish.

Is the XL shirt 45" (114cm) or 110cm (43")?

Not sure yet - waiting for the club to update the sizing

I'd never go by the 'L' or "XL' anymore mate - just purely by the inches/cm as the sizing has gone mentalist

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Loyal supporters would buy one regardless that’s why they are called ‘loyal’ and not cheapskates desperate to get everything on the cheap.

You get what you pay for and we have a quality manufacturer, would you rather we went back to £40 puma stock shirts? Stop moaning and get em bought ffs. All proceeds go to helping this club get back to the premier league, when you look at it like that it’s a veritable bargain if you ask me.

By your reckoning that would mean we have been ripped off if we don’t get to the PL.

£40 for a puma shirt will do nicely, we might even get them in a timely manner.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 hours ago, The Batman said:

I always wondered if, one day you'll wake up and realise that "the club" you defend no matter what, are just a bunch of people passing through. Owners, Chairmen, Director etc come and go.

The fans you mock, they're the constant, they're the "club", you should be getting behind.

£59 and £64 is ridiculous.

Of course plenty will pay it, coz it's Wednesday... and those in charge know that.

Absolutely bang on - but don't just pick on Daveyboy - theres a few that do the same...

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

To be fair, by definition of loyalty, yes you wouldn't be as loyal any more if you lost your job and couldn't afford to go to watch Wednesday. I used to be a season ticket holder, my wife and I moved to Scotland and I'm no longer a season ticket holder - I'm therefore not as loyal as I once was. Still love the club just as much mind.

The Chairman is trying to increase turn over. By doing the shirts in-house, we get to increase the margin we make. That isn't the case with Puma, Adidas, and whoever. I'm not sure he's filling his own pockets - his club are making massive losses.

How does that work?

I know for a fact we arent getting the £175k a season up front from Sondico anymore for the privilege of selling the shirts - and I'd like to bet that our margin isn't much different. And certainly not sufficient to justify charging the fans £15 a shirt more

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Always one.

:Pelupessy:

I think you're onto something here mate. I'd like to order 2 fronts stitched together, what about that then, you think that might be a goer? Please be brutally honest, if they won't do it say so but I think they'd sell a lot of them TBH.lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

What is it that i wouldn't understand 

If you wish to discus my opinion then have the decency to talk to me not about me 

If you want to know it's quite easy to look at what my comment was referring to. I didn't want to speak to you so I didn't. Feel free to have a few choice words about me if you like. Sure I won't lose any sleep over it.