Team for 18/19

28 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I will say it again, you can't say a player will be isolated based on a formation, its daft.

The formation will change based on being in or out of possession anyway, which you haven't considered.

Fletcher is our most physical CF, he is more than capable of occupying 2 CB's, FF plays off him, basically FF gets a free role, where he can find the little pockets of space.

The truth is you tried to come across 'top football coach' with your isolated comment, which made no sense, many top teams play with one striker.

Champ manager isn't real.

We've tried FF playing off Fletcher, there was no chemistry at all between them. We've tried FF playing alongside another striker (or slightly deeper) and he hasn't performed anything like he has when he's on the left. IMO the only player that has performed when he has played in the hole is Hooper. I always assumed Abdi was signed for this position, maybe to play in a 451 but CC never really tried it again after initially starting his tenure here with that formation, well apart from us setting up 451 and destroying Arsenal in the cup that is...we went back to 442 the following Saturday!

Edited by Walt

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I dont see it tbh. 

Better if we could find a club for him elsewhere. Bit like Rhodes it just hasn't worked. 

I still think he has much to offer, I don't recall him having a decent run in the team and he would benefit from such a run.  I do understand your reluctance to promote him as his record is admittedly pretty poor.  But he has shown in the past he can be a major influence and has the ability in abundance.

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

1. Boyd's played more games on the right than the left throughout his career.

2. He also played left wing back under Jos last season.

3. Putting those 2 things together makes Boyd a realistic option for the right wing back position in the absence of Hunt.

Personally, I think he would be a better option than Palmer.

Boyd played a role at Burnley where when on the right he could come in side and have Trippier or Lowton bomb past him to whip the crosses in as a wing back you are the width and considering he was only adequate on his favoured left foot it would take an injury crisis of monumental proportions to even consider him there, In fact id switch to a back 4 personally before doing that.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Yep, when I put it down I couldn’t see a weakness really.

Still don't think Lee should be considered at wing back. Would play Palmer before Lee in that role for his mobility. KL is not suitable for that role in my opinion. I hope I could be proved wrong because we would save a few bob, but at his age, with his hip and because its such a physically demanding role I think it could be a huge mistake.

3 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Still don't think Lee should be considered at wing back. Would play Palmer before Lee in that role for his mobility. KL is not suitable for that role in my opinion. I hope I could be proved wrong because we would save a few bob, but at his age, with his hip and because its such a physically demanding role I think it could be a huge mistake.

I think he’s more athletic than Palmer. His work rate in CM is great and therefore he’s tailor-made for RWB seeing as he played and won POTY at Oldham in that position.

Only question mark is his hip and if he’s not 100% then I doubt he’d be available for CM either.

29 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Id have thought he would be perfect for it. 

He has played down the right loads for us anyway. 

Is very good at attacking. Better than palmer. Scores goals. Is full of energy and knows how to defend. He is no stranger to that position. 

Edited by Beholder

I'm surprised there's not been more mention of us needing reinforcements in the middle of the formation, especially if Luhukay sticks to the 3-5-2 he used for most of his time with us so far. In the defensive role we are OK with Hutchinson, Pelupessy and Jones, but in forward areas we've really only got Bannan who can be counted on regularly. We don't know what Lee's long term status is and obviously Abdi has been absent for huge periods and done nothing when he's actually played.

15 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm surprised there's not been more mention of us needing reinforcements in the middle of the formation, especially if Luhukay sticks to the 3-5-2 he used for most of his time with us so far. In the defensive role we are OK with Hutchinson, Pelupessy and Jones, but in forward areas we've really only got Bannan who can be counted on regularly. We don't know what Lee's long term status is and obviously Abdi has been absent for huge periods and done nothing when he's actually played.

In fairness playing 3 4 3 we only have 2 CM and have Bannan, Joey, Lee, Hutch, Jones, Abdi even Reach for an emergency.

At this stage I'd be happy with a RWB, CB and another flair attacking player. 

I suppose who plays depends on who the owner allows to play. Last seasons problem with fake injuries created to disguise the fact that players weren't allowed to play because of contract payments won't go away. 

Unless we sign new good young players, and actually play them rather than bully them, then I expect us to struggle. 

I expect forestieri to leave or sulk again if he isn't allowed. 

I expect Nuihu to be inept. 

I expect our style to be soporific in the extreme. 

I dont expect us to get in the play offs 

Unless 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Sadly everything I predicted before the start of last season absolutely came true. 

I hope finally I get things badly wrong and we can get out. 

Edited by Mrmason69

44 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I suppose who plays depends on who the owner allows to play. Last seasons problem with fake injuries created to disguise the fact that players weren't allowed to play because of contract payments won't go away. 

Unless we sign new good young players, and actually play them rather than bully them, then I expect us to struggle. 

Unless 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Sadly everything I predicted before the start of last season absolutely came true. 

I bet you're fun to have a pint with! 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Unless 

I hope I'm wrong. 

I expect us to exceed your expectations.

19 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

In fairness playing 3 4 3 we only have 2 CM and have Bannan, Joey, Lee, Hutch, Jones, Abdi even Reach for an emergency.

At this stage I'd be happy with a RWB, CB and another flair attacking player. 

I hope we don’t see Jones near the team this year.

Depending on where Hutchinson is playing depends on where we need recruits. If he plays at the back we need a CM.

If he plays in the middle we need a CB.

He could also play wing back. 

Personally I’d play him CB and get a defensive midfielder in. Then we’d need a couple of wing backs left and right unless they are intending to play Pessy Lee or even Abdi there.

Guest Arcadianrocket

Westwood

?

Hutchisnon

Lees

Pudil

Reach

Bannan

Lee

Fessi (c)

Noonoo

Hooper

Top 6

Really looking forward to next season again now knowing milky tea has left.

11 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Unless 

I hope I'm wrong. 

If Nostradamus was still around, he'd be telling you to cheer up, it may never happen.

lol

14 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Westwood

?

Hutchisnon

Lees

Pudil

Reach

Bannan

Lee

Fessi (c)

Noonoo

Hooper

Top 6

Really looking forward to next season again now knowing milky tea has left.

Will expect Joao, Van Aken and pelupessy to play as many games as any of them also.

For me it's setting up as a 4-4-2 which can switch into 3-5-2 with hutch dropping back.

Westwood

Baker     Lees           Van Aken   Pudil

Reach     Bannan     Hutchinson    Forrestieri

Nuhiu        Hooper

Given the form of Nuhiu last year he deserves the chance to start and lose his place if he doesn't perform.

(Puts Tin hat on and ducks in trenches)

• Like 1