Team for 18/19

16 hours ago, Walt said:

Why would you change it when he consistently performs better on the left? He does not play well when he has played behind the two strikers.Maybe he can produce the same  form on the right of a front three but in the middle? Don't see any point in fixing what is working perfectly and getting the best out of our best player and getting the best out of the team. I'm not a massive fan of a back three but the formation Jos had us playing at the back end of the season (mainly 343) had me admitting that Jos absolutely nailed it.

I’m not saying change it... look at how he plays yes he may be on the left more than the right but he has a free role. So playing him left right or Central makes little difference in a front 3. He plays off a front two in this role as well so it’s not a change to me in a front 3 it does not matter where he plays as he has the same influence.

13 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Don't do much football mate do you?

A player can only become isolated during a game, you cant say a player is isolated based on a formation.

If in possession we get Reach, Boyd, Bannan, Lee and Forestieri around him then he isn't isolated.

Ridiculous comment.

From somebody who would start Boyd at RWB that's funny lol

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’m not saying change it... look at how he plays yes he may be on the left more than the right but he has a free role. So playing him left right or Central makes little difference in a front 3. He plays off a front two in this role as well so it’s not a change to me in a front 3 it does not matter where he plays as he has the same influence.

Don't agree mate. Playing him central would have a massive impact on how the team plays, and how the opposition deal with him. The central position (for me, at this level)) has to be the target man or focal point and needs to be a more regimented role. FF's beauty is as you say how he wanders in from the left with or without the ball and this causes all sorts of problems for the oppo's back line. Does the fullback track him or pass him on when he drifts inside? does the fullback go forward when FF decides that he's not going to track back? are they going to double up on him? It is far easier for the opposition to set up against us if FF is the central man in a front three and I'd assume it would be hard for Jos to set up any plans with such an off the cuff player in that role. 

He is not to my mind playing off a front two in this role (343) as Nuhiu was the target man and we had Joao and FF cutting in, that is very different from a 352 ,442 etc. We did see FF play on the left wing under CC in a 442 and have a great season but I think if you look closer that 442 actually took on a whole different shape when Pudil and Hunt played really high and Hutch dropped into an almost center back role.

17 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Don't do much football mate do you?

A player can only become isolated during a game, you cant say a player is isolated based on a formation.

If in possession we get Reach, Boyd, Bannan, Lee and Forestieri around him then he isn't isolated.

Ridiculous comment.

More football than you I would wager.

In my opinion regarding Fletcher that he is more effective when the ball is played to his feet for a big player he is good with his feet and seems to do better when the play is more congested and he can then lay the ball off to the wings and be ready when hopefully the ball is crossed back in.  Does better when he has other players up front alongside him. 

Playing Fletcher upfront by himself would be disastrous in my very humble opinion.  

On 08/07/2018 at 11:34, Junk Smuggler said:

Westwood

Lees Hutchinson Van Aken

Lee Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Joao Forestieri 

Hooper

That is pure quality all over the pitch. 

Good enough to get automatic.

5 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

From somebody who would start Boyd at RWB that's funny lol

1. Boyd's played more games on the right than the left throughout his career.

2. He also played left wing back under Jos last season.

3. Putting those 2 things together makes Boyd a realistic option for the right wing back position in the absence of Hunt.

Personally, I think he would be a better option than Palmer.

46 minutes ago, Watson said:

More football than you I would wager.

In my opinion regarding Fletcher that he is more effective when the ball is played to his feet for a big player he is good with his feet and seems to do better when the play is more congested and he can then lay the ball off to the wings and be ready when hopefully the ball is crossed back in.  Does better when he has other players up front alongside him. 

Playing Fletcher upfront by himself would be disastrous in my very humble opinion.  

I will say it again, you can't say a player will be isolated based on a formation, its daft.

The formation will change based on being in or out of possession anyway, which you haven't considered.

Fletcher is our most physical CF, he is more than capable of occupying 2 CB's, FF plays off him, basically FF gets a free role, where he can find the little pockets of space.

The truth is you tried to come across 'top football coach' with your isolated comment, which made no sense, many top teams play with one striker.

Champ manager isn't real.

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I will say it again, you can't say a player will be isolated based on a formation, its daft.

The formation will change based on being in or out of possession anyway, which you haven't considered.

Fletcher is our most physical CF, he is more than capable of occupying 2 CB's, FF plays off him, basically FF gets a free role, where he can find the little pockets of space.

The truth is you tried to come across 'top football coach' with your isolated comment, which made no sense, many top teams play with one striker.

Champ Manager is real, many millions play it but I don't.

A formation can and does isolate players.  And I did consider it when it comes to being in or out of possession  

Fletcher is probably our most physical CF and is capable of occupying two CB's and FF play's off him sometimes, often Fletcher gets the ball upfront and doesn't have an option to play the ball positively and the defence either wins the ball back or reorganises and fends off the attack.  Many teams do indeed play with one striker but in my opinion, Fletcher is not suited to the role.

I did not try at all to come across as a 'top football coach', I'll leave that sort of stuff to you. There is only subjective truth when it comes to football tactics and strategies.  

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I think what he is trying to say and I would agree is that you can't lump things up to Fletcher in the same way you could with nuhiu say and in the way you would tend to do playing that one striker. Even though Fletcher is very good at bringing others into play, he doesn't do it the same way as nuhiu does.

Nuhiu has the phyiscal presence and his unorthodox style allows him to hold the ball up for longer so he could be more isolated as a front man.

Fletcher however is more about quick interplay so you need bodies around him as quick as you can. 

Just now, Watson said:

Yep if we can keep them fit then we have quality in depth.  Dare I say Abdi could be a major asset next season?

I dont see it tbh. 

Better if we could find a club for him elsewhere. Bit like Rhodes it just hasn't worked.