There won't be a fire sale of players

As the title reads.

Remember the club survey? The club asked something along the lines of "would you like to keep/increase prices to aid continued investment or lower prices, which would lead to the sales of players and promote players from the youth squads?" 

We voted overwhelmingly 76% I believe for higher prices and continued investment. 

The chairman is an honest man and surely won't go back on this. 

Remember we wanted higher prices in return for a promotion push. 

Everyones going mad. 

We as a club have sold probably the LEAST amount of players than anyone in the last 3 years. Most clubs refresh their squads much more than we have. Maybe to prevent stagnation. 

Its about time we did sell a few and reinvest the money. Its a good normal natural thing. As long as you arent losing players for below their market value. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Everyones going mad. 

We as a club have sold probably the LEAST amount of players than anyone in the last 3 years. Most clubs refresh their squads much more than we have. Maybe to prevent stagnation. 

Its about time we did sell a few and reinvest the money. Its a good normal natural thing. As long as you arent losing players for below their market value. 

Should have done this last season. 

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

As the title reads.

Remember the club survey? The club asked something along the lines of "would you like to keep/increase prices to aid continued investment or lower prices, which would lead to the sales of players and promote players from the youth squads?" 

We voted overwhelmingly 76% I believe for higher prices and continued investment. 

Was this the same club survey that said the levels of investment would continue and the team would not be full of loans and kids from the youth team.

What has happened is we are still paying high prices for tickets and merchandise but we have signed no players, released 5 or 6 last season and have 8 youth players playing with the first team hoping to break into the team. I think DC didn't read the small print on what continued investment means.

It will be very interest to see if any players come in over the next few days if the answer is no then the rumbling will start to get louder before the season has even started.

1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

We might be selling ONE player and everyone is going barmy?  What's going on on this forum? lol

Trepidation because we don’t know what situation we are in and rumours of money issues. 

If we replace Hunt with better and we have some sensible ins and outs all good.  Just part of the normal ebb and flow of football personnel.

If we don’t and more follow without better replacements then there will be understandable complaints given we are paying such high prices for everything, we were told those prices would mean continued investment in the team and that FFS wouldn’t be a problem. 

Fingers crossed its the former. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Trepidation because we don’t know what situation we are in and rumours of money issues. 

If we replace Hunt with better and we have some sensible ins and outs all good.  Just part of the normal ebb and flow of football personnel.

If we don’t and more follow without better replacements then there will be understandable complaints given we are paying such high prices for everything, we were told those prices would mean continued investment in the team and that FFS wouldn’t be a problem. 

Fingers crossed its the former. 

lol

I don't want to pass judgement on the right back situation because only time will tell as to whether the money is reinvested but the fact of the matter is we are losing the best right back currently at the club.

If this move has been made because of our FFP situation - fine, but then we cannot in the same sentence speculate about reinvesting it (as many are), as that negates the reason for selling in the first place. 

If we are not going to reinvest, which wouldn't be a great surprise given our heel-dragging over Venancio then going into the season with Palmer at first-choice and a youth player with 1 appearance as back up does not excite me one bit! 

Finally, we need to remember that we as fans do not have an obligation to fund the investment in the squad and we sure as hell won't see any of our 'investment' back if we do go up, unlike our chairman. This project is his gamble, it's him who wins big if it pays off. This bloated wage bill and wasted transfer money over the last two years is also of his making and I don't like seeing our fanbase pressurised into paying extortionate prices, through vague threats of him pulling the plug.

If the spending stops and players are sold, he will have a lot of seriously unhappy supporters on his hands with tickets at the prices they are at now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

London buses advertise PG Tips on the side, but see how far you get if you ask the driver to make you a cup.

As long as you've paid your fare, he should take you as far as your destination, regardless of whether you've asked him to make you a cup of tea or not. 

2 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

I don't want to pass judgement on the right back situation because only time will tell as to whether the money is reinvested but the fact of the matter is we are losing the best right back currently at the club.

If this move has been made because of our FFP situation - fine, but then we cannot in the same sentence speculate about reinvesting it (as many are), as that negates the reason for selling in the first place. 

If we are not going to reinvest, which wouldn't be a great surprise given our heel-dragging over Venancio then going into the season with Palmer at first-choice and a youth player with 1 appearance as back up does not excite me one bit! 

Finally, we need to remember that we as fans do not have an obligation to fund the investment in the squad and we sure as hell won't see any of our 'investment' back if we do go up, unlike our chairman. This project is his gamble, it's him who wins big if it pays off. This bloated wage bill and wasted transfer money over the last two years is also of his making and I don't like seeing our fanbase pressurised into paying extortionate prices, through vague threats of him pulling the plug.

If the spending stops and players are sold, he will have a lot of seriously unhappy supporters on his hands with tickets at the prices they are at now. 

There is no single season where a lot/most/thousands of fans are happy at anything, it just doesn't work regardless of Manager, Chairman, Players, Kit ffs..........!! 

Until we start selling key first team players i think everyone needs to calm down. Jack Hunt has been a good servant for us and I like him, but I think he's very replaceable and 1.6 million is a cracking deal. Read a few times that hes up there with the best RBs in the league, anyone who genuinely thinks that doesn't deserve an opinion

All our players should be available at the right price. They have shown over the last 3 years they are not good enough to get us promoted so I don’t see why everyone is having a breakdown over losing a few. 

4 hours ago, David1867 said:

As the title reads.

Get real, the high prices are here to stay (when does anything go down in price).

Future investment is restricted by P&S regulations.

Honest I am sure he is, but there is no room for manoeuvre.

5 hours ago, David1867 said:

As the title reads.

" the chairman is an honest man "...….what ever makes you think that ?....lets be right what the fans want  and what the chairman/owner  can deliver very rarely tally up in football....they have to do whats best for the club and if that involves spinning the fans a yarn to do so then they usually will.  

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

All our players should be available at the right price. They have shown over the last 3 years they are not good enough to get us promoted so I don’t see why everyone is having a breakdown over losing a few. 

The worry is the replacements won't be of the same standard or better.