Hunt the 1st to go - more to follow

16 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Why not? 

Real are  35 million up. 

Ronaldo and his agent are richer. 

Real realise 35 million on an asset now they may get nothing for in three years and Juve get a flagship signing. 

All are happy bar one set of fans. That's business. 

£35M now or nothing in 3 years? What about not sell him if they will only make £35M and continue to make good revenue on what keeping him attracts in related merchandise?

7 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Real Madrid aren't bothered about €35m that's why, that's nowt to them. For one of the world's best players, getting only €35m, for them it wouldn't be worth it, even considering his age. 

Every club considers £35 million. They then make a decision based on what businessmen think not fans. 

Ronaldo is not a good example anyway because he will make money after football. Jack Hunt won't, which is why many players make all they can, while they can, and good luck to them. We'll even clap him when he comes back and rightly so. 

Just now, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Every club considers £35 million. They then make a decision based on what businessmen think not fans. 

Ronaldo is not a good example anyway because he will make money after football. Jack Hunt won't, which is why many players make all they can, while they can, and good luck to them. We'll even clap him when he comes back and rightly so. 

€35m not £ by the way, which makes it worth even less to Madrid. 

Like I said, €35m isn't great for a club like Madrid for a player like Ronaldo. 

And anyway, what your saying is easily verified by looking at club accounts. So show us an example then. 

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

€35m not £ by the way, which makes it worth even less to Madrid. 

Like I said, €35m isn't great for a club like Madrid for a player like Ronaldo. 

And anyway, what your saying is easily verified by looking at club accounts. So show us an example then. 

I have spent plenty of time trying to explain what happens and how it works in practice. 

Believe whatever you want. Good night. 

UTO. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes that would be c correct.

But it seems that cases like that the bigger club pays that difference themselves as a gesture to the smaller club they've bought from.

:duntmatter:

21 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

I have spent plenty of time trying to explain what happens and how it works in practice. 

Believe whatever you want. Good night. 

UTO. 

I should get your vitamin B12 and D levels checked mate. Try taking your shirt off in this glorious sunshine, save taking D supplements and it goes straight in where it'll do some good. The B12 is a bit more tricky though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Are we all invited then in the event that Fox is finally off our Books ? :luhukay:

There's several I'd have a party for before fox, I know he's limited and not many peoples favourite player, being honest mine either, but I'd gladly rid ourselves of Abdi, Fletcher, matias and boyd before fox, at least the lads a trier and actually seems willing to put the shirt on and give us a shift if picked. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

6 hours ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Selling a player does not free up his wages. 

If a club sells a player, they have to pay up his outstanding wages in full the day he goes. 

Often a settlement is reached, say 60%, but not always and if he don't want to go, the player will hold out for full outstanding wages. Particularly if the new club are offering him less wages. 

This is offset by a fee coming in from the buying club, but think about it. 

If player x is on 25k a week, and has one year left, that's £1.3 million. So if the club receives a fee of 1.3 million, then it's break even. No money for a transfer kitty. 

Think we are jettisoning the liability of injury prone players on the Hunt transfer and relying on maybe fitter, cheaper younger players already here. 

Surely Bristol City will be paying him something for the first 12 months? 

3 hours ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

I've worked in contract law for 20 years, sometimes in football related matters. I have already said enough in this thread. But you're wrong. The selling club has to pay up in full outstanding wages to the departing player. Often negotiated down, yes, as a one off settlement, and often offset against the transfer fee. A selling clubs ties then end. They do not subsidise a shortfall in the new players wages, nor an uplift. Once they've settled up with the player that's them done. 

Loyalty payments are nothing to do with wages. It's a completely separate issue, whose terms vary. 

You would not believe the things in some contracts. But these are all separate to the wages part. 

What a load of poo , if he goes to Bristol they will be paying his wages .

On 05/07/2018 at 13:10, Jack the Hat said:

I bet you would. Problem is they are good and hunt is rubbish. Need him off our books go FFP because of his wages. Amazed we have got a fee for him. He really is a poor defender, who despite having a bit of pace can't cross either. Enjoy. You can have all our rubbish if you like. But coming on here speculating about our good players - don't make me laugh. Bristol city?

There's a guy just like you on our forum - otib.. 

Guest Jack the Hat
19 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

There's a guy just like you on our forum - otib.. 

What????

There's a couple of Owls fans that regularly post on otib. They are welcomed by all but one of our members. We enjoy the contribution from other fans comments and their perceptions of us - it's good to have an an unbiased view.

We are all football fans after all as equally passion about our own club.

Ive posted that many of us would like to see Bannon and or Reach at Ashton Gate and given your financial difficulties that might be possible but none of us have any idea whether they are on Lee Johnson's shopping list so it's wishful thinking on our part.

You are the first Owls fan that has hinted that I'm unwelcome here - just like the guy on otib is to other clubs fans.