Hunt the 1st to go - more to follow

13 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Doubt it, think the fee was low (even with only a year left) and l believe the remainder (or majority) of our valuation would have contributed to his pay-up. What’s the point in selling him and paying that money out to him - we might as well have just kept him. 

Because we would then have to find the money to pay him, this way we’ve found it from another source, so whilst we haven’t got a huge amount of the £1.6 million to spend we have reduced our financial liability

I anticipate under half of that fee was due in player payments.

On 06/07/2018 at 17:07, Athelwulf said:

The players we'll sell won't be the ones the fans want out, and I don't see them selling the crown jewels.

Not only would it scupper our own promotion bid, but it would help our rivals.

They're the only clubs which can afford them.

The players we'll sell will be the ones in that third group, the players we'd rather keep but we'll release at a push to cut costs.

Westwood would fit into that third category, as we have replacements.

I think we can forget about promotion, we are in for a spell of mid table consolidation until we can get our finances sorted out

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think we can forget about promotion, we are in for a spell of mid table consolidation until we can get our finances sorted out

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I think you're right there.

I don't agree with you both, the squad wants trimming as it is far to big, eight strikers on books is/was ridiculous. 

As long as we keep the key players like Bannan, Forestieri and Lees then add the excellent young players coming through like Preston, Hunt, Thorniley and Baker I can see us having a terrific season. 

It's important we get off to a good start, this helps bring confidence into the squad. 

Edited by bradowl

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I think you're right there.

Get a grip you two. 

You are forgetting the quality we have at our disposal. 

Top 6

The players seem fitter, hungrier than previous if any of the reports/comments flying about are to be believed. A good pre-season (which we haven't seemingly had previously), a good start and god allowing - some luck with injuries, I'm confident going into this season - bring it on !!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Get a grip you two. 

You are forgetting the quality we have at our disposal. 

Top 6 

When you consider what Jos got from a threadbare and half fit squad last season I agree it's far too early to call it. I expect us to be fitter, have less long term injuries to key players, recruit a couple of PL loanees later in the window and see the continued emergence of youngsters as they develop.