ENGLAND VS COLOMBIA | Official Matchday Thread

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Chris Waddle “I'm glad Colombia are out because they are a disgrace to the game and this is the biggest show in the world. You don't want to see teams like that prosper.”

Proper Wednesday legend 

They were a disgrace to the whole world cup. Had been played in a great spirit up to tonight, they totally shamed themselves tonight.

More glad theyre out than glad we're through. We were average and poor in ET but finally the penalty hoodoo is over.

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

Defensive and often dour football. Bringing on dier was anti-football. He was atrocious up to his penalty. We play like that against a team with an ounce of attacking ability and we will get beat. Simple as that.

That said, finally the hoodoo is over. I find it difficult to get behind England because it's like watching Wednesday under Carlos at times but blimey I was up for they finish. Tremendous.

This is our year.

Yours will be the last door they knock on when they want a rallying speech 

• Haha 4

No player scored a penalty who ‘blew’ before .... we had one less ‘blower’

First time we’ve won a WC penalty shoot out on my life time but we need a Plan B. 

Its not ‘Coming Home’ yet ... 

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Chris Waddle “I'm glad Colombia are out because they are a disgrace to the game and this is the biggest show in the world. You don't want to see teams like that prosper.”

Proper Wednesday legend 

They reminded me of leeds in the 70's....scrub that...they reminded me of leedslollol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Defensive and often dour football. Bringing on dier was anti-football. He was atrocious up to his penalty. We play like that against a team with an ounce of attacking ability and we will get beat. Simple as that.

That said, finally the hoodoo is over. I find it difficult to get behind England because it's like watching Wednesday under Carlos at times but blimey I was up for they finish. Tremendous.

This is our year.

Colombia’s game plan was ultra defensive and disruptive.  Which didn’t help England’s attacking play one bit.

Right now I do think the Sweden game is likely to be another 1-1 draw, but it will be interesting if the Swedes play so defensive against us 

2 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I have 3 girls that are in a dancing show on Saturday, starting at 4pm. They’ve been practising for months. What a dilemma. 

There will be another dancing show in a few months, there wont be another winnable world cup quarter final for bloody years. Its a no brainer, watch the match.

• Like 1