ENGLAND VS COLOMBIA | Official Matchday Thread

5 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Colombia were a disgrace..

That free kick in the first half must have taken 5 minutes to take it by the time they'd finished head butting and walking around the ref..

Also the way they tried to dig up the penalty spot before kanes pen was disgusting.. all caught on camera. When are the authorities going to

clamp down on it.. Football is becoming un-watchable for me..wednesday aside of course

It's this sort of thing that needs more punishment. 

Referee mithering. 

Falcao for one was lucky he was there to take take a penalty in my view. 

He was at it from minute one. 

DMP_CHP__200ENglandJPG.jpg

FBL-WC-2018-MATCH56-COL-ENG.jpg

15 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

I'm with you on that. Tried Fox for a short time, then switched back when Katie abdo appeared.

Ex Owl John Harkes is pretty good color guy for one of the US Feeds on MLS LIve ..  Not seen him on MLS Live this season (he might be back coaching)...

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Should have kicked them out at half time they were an embarrassment and downright cheats good riddance hope we never have to play them again 

It was disgraceful..  If England had put this game out of reach early I would have pulled our best guys off..  Columbia looked like they were going to physically injure someone - being close it kept that from happening - imagine Kane getting crippled by the Columbian Thugs....  As for the referee, Geiger is a pretty decent MLS ref - I think, to be fair, he managed to keep the game under control - it was definitely not an easy game to referee....  That being said, a head butt is a straight red... maybe in hindsight that would have inflamed the situation and, who knows what Columbia would have done after that...
At least we know Sweden will play a fair game ....   

• Like 2

Can’t blame the ref for the head butt being a yellow. He never got to look at it , no idea why.

He should have been allowed to look at that on VAR. He is the one trying to control the game. Once they got away with that they thought they could get away with anything.

Somebody in the VAR process should get into bother for that.

The crowding of the ref was ridiculous and his own fault.

He should have carded a few , including Falcao, and made it clear that reds would follow.

The coach who barged Sterling should have been red carded.

Two things were clear to me 

Referees have been told to avoid reds.

Somebody has a word with him at half time and he started throwing yellows about second half.

Last night will seem mild compared with what I expect from Uruguay against France.

We need to get the top refs on the pitch not somebody who refs in MLS week in week out

Blinded by the result ! We have had a couple of decent performances this tournament but last night wasn't one of them. Stirling ran his legs off but was wary of being caught forward out of possession, he has to be our offensive risk taker. After dominating and putting our stamp on the game we became shrinking violets for the last half hour and the first period of extra time. They rallied themselves well for the final 15 and stood up to be counted for the penalty shoot out. 

Had the game gone sour on us, and I'm so pleased it didn't, the Press would have slaughtered us as being afraid to win. We got through on Pens but we were three goals better than the Latins and their temperament. We can't continue to ride our luck we must press home our ability ! Thought Trippier and Maguire were top dollar BTW.   

7 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Colombia were a disgrace..

That free kick in the first half must have taken 5 minutes to take it by the time they'd finished head butting and walking around the ref..

Also the way they tried to dig up the penalty spot before kanes pen was disgusting.. all caught on camera. When are the authorities going to

clamp down on it.. Football is becoming un-watchable for me..wednesday aside of course

It's clearly premeditated, we saw the same behaviour with Panama

The coaches must send them out with instructions on what to do if a penalty or free kick in a dangerous area is awarded against them

Both referees failed to handle the situation, so what has to happen before FIFA decide to act?

Distract the ref sufficiently to allow someone to take a sneaky dump on the penalty spot?

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's this sort of thing that needs more punishment. 

Referee mithering. 

Falcao for one was lucky he was there to take take a penalty in my view. 

He was at it from minute one. 

DMP_CHP__200ENglandJPG.jpg

FBL-WC-2018-MATCH56-COL-ENG.jpg

FIFA are always banging on about RESPECT

No respct at all for the man in the middle.

Just empty words from a failed organisation.

Had Colombia not acted like petulant children they might have just shaded it, and as for Maraplonker talking about ‘heading’ a goal, what the hell does that fat has been know about heading a goal against England? Sweden won’t be easy, but at least we are on a level playing field with them, neither they or us are cheats.