Rhoys Wiggins

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

As a question who was the last decent left back we had ????!?!??

Thanks for clarifying, there weren't enough question marks to give it away

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

As a question who was the last decent left back we had ????!?!??

Pudil, until Colin's Rotherham's did a job on us at Hillsborough. Their right winger destroyed him that game. Don't think he was the same after that.

Could do with a couple of good un's.

Guest ka58
2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Got to feel sorry for the lad, even though we inexplicably took a 500k loss when selling him to a Premier League club that just as inexplicably wanted to sign him. 

I always thought that - “so you’ve paid 800k for this kid 3 months ago to play in the championship but we want him to play for us in the premiership - how much?”

“£300k”

”deal”

Wiggins wasn't good enough for us, but it wasn't that he didn't put the effort in.   He just wasn't good enough and that I can understand.

You don't get picked and say "sorry, I don't think I can do that, choose someone else" after all.

Well, now he has his big pay days gone, lets hope he has something to fall back on  I presume he has a family etc.    Good luck to any lad in this position in moving forwards with life after football.    Although many never get the chance to be a pro footballer in the first place.

On 26/05/2018 at 02:33, flo said:

Reda

Beat me to it. He sometimes looked a bit lost, but when he was on top form, he was unplayable. When we beat Leeds 6-0 he was a human bulldozer, and that turned out to be the last league game he played for us.

Big shame for Wiggins, he obviously didn't enjoy his time here but you never want to hear of someone being forced into early retirement. Hopefully he'll do well in his next endeavour, I'm sure Bournemouth would help him get set up in coaching if he wanted to.

Some folks used to dig at Worthington,  he did have have a funny running gait, with his thumbs stuck up, and he did fall over a lot when crossing the ball. But he was tough as old boots, tackled well and got up and down all day long.  

Would love a player like that these days.

2018-05-27 15.52.50.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Some folks used to dig at Worthington,  he did have have a funny running gait, with his thumbs stuck up, and he did fall over a lot when crossing the ball. But he was tough as old boots, tackled well and got up and down all day long.  

Would love a player like that these days.

2018-05-27 15.52.50.png

Every time he played I thought he was dreadful when he didn't play we really missed him.

Strange old game.

19 minutes ago, Watson said:

Every time he played I thought he was dreadful when he didn't play we really missed him.

Strange old game.

Was on the other stand in those days.

Chap near me was always on his case. Nothing nasty like some get. 

He just seemed perpetually frustrated with him.

Nothing in particular. He never quantified what it was he thought Worthington should have been doing better. He just seemed to randomly shout "Bloody, come on Irish!" every ten minutes or so.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Was on the other stand in those days.

Chap near me was always on his case. Nothing nasty like some get. 

He just seemed perpetually frustrated with him.

Nothing in particular. He never quantified what it was he thought Worthington should have been doing better. He just seemed to randomly shout "Bloody, come on Irish!" every ten minutes or so.

Hmmm Sounds like Daft Andy