Safe standing at Hillsborough

Without the freedom of movement I really can't see the point of it.  Will be very sterile and the novelty will soon wear off.  You will be confind to a certain spot this will stop you from been part of a mass.  It will be regimented so ultimately a dead duck.  No surges no swaying.  It' will be standing lite nothing like it was before.  If there is a demand for it then fair enough., but long term think most will return to their seats.

What about putting it in the segment where they put the SKY pundits, they could build a barrier between them and away fans, knock some outlets into the south stand for exit, jobs a goodan .

PS then it's SKY'S problem where they 

Commentate from. 

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Watson said:

Without the freedom of movement I really can't see the point of it.  Will be very sterile and the novelty will soon wear off.  You will be confind to a certain spot this will stop you from been part of a mass.  It will be regimented so ultimately a dead duck.  No surges no swaying.  It' will be standing lite nothing like it was before.  If there is a demand for it then fair enough., but long term think most will return to their seats.

Exactamondo..I'm sure people still think they'll be able to just turn up and go and stand with their mates like they used too...it'll be nowt like it used to be

9 hours ago, g-owls said:

I'm all for safe standing but it'll never happen for as long as we're still playing at Hillsborough.

So when and if it’s passed you think there’ll be one legislation for Hillsborough and another for every other club in the country?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

So why is it the premier and championship teams have to have safe standing,but you can have two thousand standing in a league one or two ground?

Because it's total gonads mate.

Why is it safe for 20 odd k rugby fans to stand?

What would happen if you had a situation similar to Hillsborough where a few thousand get in at the same time? 

End of the day it all stems from the pens which are now  obsolete 

The fences which are now obsolete 

And over crowding, so sell less tickets

7 minutes ago, the monk said:

Because it's total gonads mate.

Why is it safe for 20 odd k rugby fans to stand?

Probably because when they score a try they all shout hurrah chaps and shake each others hands.

Not quite the same as jumping 3 foot in the air, scraming your lungs till you are dizzy and ending up four rows in front. 

10 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

So why is it the premier and championship teams have to have safe standing,but you can have two thousand standing in a league one or two ground?

Are you taking the p!ss ? 

10 hours ago, darra said:

I agree but surely it would have to be somewhere where it wouldn't restrict the people sitting behinds view. So it would have to be at the back of the kop

Exactly, you couldn't have front of kop cos back of kop would have to stand elegaly

9 minutes ago, clud17 said:

Probably because when they score a try they all shout hurrah chaps and shake each others hands.

Not quite the same as jumping 3 foot in the air, scraming your lungs till you are dizzy and ending up four rows in front. 

Ever been to a rugby league game? 

1 hour ago, wiggy said:

Leppings Lane lower.

Least likely option for obvious reasons, but think about it. Doesn’t disturb and season ticket holders, populated a part of the ground that is rarely used. Makes sense to me.

Agree Wiggy - but in a redeveloped Leppings Lane end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

So when and if it’s passed you think there’ll be one legislation for Hillsborough and another for every other club in the country?

No, but no club would be under any obligation to install safe standing areas either, and as much as things have moved on, Hillsborough will unfortunately always be tainted.

I'm all for standing but could you imagine the reaction if we saw just one incident following the removal of seats? It wouldn't take much for this club to be dragged through the mud again.

12 hours ago, Ash76 said:

7-8 thousand on lower Kop for me. Would look great 

with health & safety that would be most of the kop these days ……...wherever they put it they aint going to pack em in like sardines like back in the day …..if people want to stand then fine but the days of atmospheric  jammed swaying terraces are long gone .

20 minutes ago, g-owls said:

No, but no club would be under any obligation to install safe standing areas either, and as much as things have moved on, Hillsborough will unfortunately always be tainted.

I'm all for standing but could you imagine the reaction if we saw just one incident following the removal of seats? It wouldn't take much for this club to be dragged through the mud again.

See where you’re coming from pal but by that criteria you would never cross a road or drive a car again ..... just in case!