Safe standing at Hillsborough

Watchdog & Ed Balls giving the safe standing debate some publicity. With parliament set to debate and the movement gathering momentum, IF club's on a club by club basis were allowed, and we went for it, where would we be best placing a (eg) 2000 capacity safe standing area? North stand? back or front of kop? Thoughts please.

*if anyone can set up a survey that would be great. Including the choice of no standing.

3 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Watchdog & Ed Balls giving the safe standing debate some publicity. With parliament set to debate and the movement gathering momentum, IF club's on a club by club basis were allowed, and we went for it, where would we be best placing a (eg) 2000 capacity safe standing area? North stand? back or front of kop? Thoughts please.

*if anyone can set up a survey that would be great. Including the choice of no standing.

Middle of South, just to see where they’d put their tartan blankets :ph34r:

Personally, I’d like to see the front of the kop. Or/and maybe the end of the North at Leppings Lane end. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

7-8 thousand on lower Kop for me. Would look great 

I agree but surely it would have to be somewhere where it wouldn't restrict the people sitting behinds view. So it would have to be at the back of the kop

Id be interested to see how it goes at Shrewsbury now - to me safe standing doesnt look too much different to people standing in seated areas except there's a rail to stop people falling over - maybe i'm missing something though?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devonshire owl said:

So why is it the premier and championship teams have to have safe standing,but you can have two thousand standing in a league one or two ground?

When the legislation came in, I think, it was thought the cost for div 3 and below to install seats was prohibitive but the risks due to smaller crowds and smaller standing areas was lower so it was deemed OK to continue with standing.

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, darra said:

I agree but surely it would have to be somewhere where it wouldn't restrict the people sitting behinds view. So it would have to be at the back of the kop

The back area of the Kop is 3-4 ft higher so they’d have no problems 

Guest Ash76
12 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If safe standing is permitted why would we not make the whole of the kop standing?

Would surely be a no brainer.

Because cost might be an issue for people that can’t stand 

24 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If safe standing is permitted why would we not make the whole of the kop standing?

Would surely be a no brainer.

Because like me some people have been season ticket holders in the ko p for decades and a lot of us have flipping dodgy knees ,it will happen to you one day so think if your future as well as ours.

if safe standing is allowed then it should be at the very back of the Kop,I see no reason why standards should be lowered ,the Kop needs massive investment it's an embarrassment and the first call in resources should on making facilities for fi r the 21st century

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Definitely something to strive for. Let's get a good section in place then build on it year by year. Personally I'd love the first 20 rows to be safe standing. Approx 1500 'seat' spaces. Them seated on the rest of kop would get more in the spirit looking down at them in the standing area. 

9 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I'm all for safe standing but it'll never happen for as long as we're still playing at Hillsborough.

If the government passes this (heavily tipped to)  every club would get the same deal. Down to individual clubs to submit the plan and implement. Providing supporters groups and the chairman are in agreement, then that's that.

6 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Definitely something to strive for. Let's get a good section in place then build on it year by year. Personally I'd love the first 20 rows to be safe standing. Approx 1500 'seat' spaces. Them seated on the rest of kop would get more in the spirit looking down at them in the standing area. 

I'm on row 22, I'm 6'2", and I can't see owt if they're stood in front of me. Would have to be a full block, I.e. Block T1 or T2. 

• Like 1