What/who do we need to improve the squad?

11 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Get Fred signed up.

Get rid of Fox and get a another lb in but as back up for Reach..

A RWB.

An attacking midfielder with pace, as we can't guarantee that Matias and FF will stay fit.

Nail on head

• Thanks 1

Think pelepussy and bannan have been brilliant the last month or so. When fit our options up front are as good as anything in the league. No problems with keepers. Fred lees puddle Thorniley plus one will see centre defence sorted. Is reach the answer at lib? Personally I’m not convinced, but then where do you play him. Rwb hunts ok, but think we could do better. 

So so for me not a massive amount of work to do, as results over the last few months have shown.

couple of really astute loanees would be good

Jack Stacey (Luton) rb/rwb/rm.

Only just turned 22.

Definitely worth further investigation imo.

Callum Camps (Rochdale) cm 

Again, early 20s.

Not a priority position, I know, but could be a shrewd bit of business if we could pick him up at the right price.

Would like to say Rico Henry from Brentford as lb/lwb, but seems to get injured far too often, so probably best to forget about this one.

Yiadom on a free from Barnsley while getting rid of Palmer would be a plus. Reckon we could get a couple of hundred thousand for Palmer... we may criticise him, but he has over 100 Championship starts. That type of experience will be appealing to any of the promoted clubs, and his wages probably aren't as high as some here. 

Hunt, Yiadom, Baker, Reach and Penney as the fullback options for next season... maybe one out-and-out left back needed (upgrade on Fox) so we're not too tied to having to play the wingback system due to a lack of a really solid LB, but we could do a lot worse than that. Pudil can slot in too of course... maybe we wouldn't need another LB. 

Edited by StudentOwl

I really don’t think we need much this Summer. 2 wing backs, energetic midfielder and wingers if we are changing the system would be all I’d want.

Best thing we could so is replace some high earning fringe players with up and coming equivalents. A difficult thing to do but something I’m sure we’ll be looking at.

Whatever happens I’ve got confidence in the people in charge to get us to the start of next season with a quality, prepared squad.

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If we’re playing three centre backs then surely we need at least a couple to replace Fred and Loovens. 

What have we got currently, Lees, Thornily and Pudil. Need two more. 

Van Aken? Hutch if fit I think should play there too.

We need pace. Two new quality wing backs with pace to burn is what I'd like to see.

A centre half, Fred?

Maybe another CM.

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Van Aken? Hutch if fit I think should play there too.

We need pace. Two new quality wing backs with pace to burn is what I'd like to see.

A centre half, Fred?

Maybe another CM.

Forgot about Van Aken, yeah.

Agree that wing backs have to be spot on. If we brought in one CB and two quality wing backs I’d be happy (assuming rest of core squad is fit/doesn’t leave).

I would make good ball call carriers and pace a priority.

Big fan of Kasey Palmer at Chelsea. Currently on loan at Derby. I think he will have one more year in the championship. Obviously went up with Huddersfield and now in the playoffs with Derby.

I’d also look to loan Izzy Brown from Chelsea. Been quality at this level. Played a few games in the prem but suffered a bad injury so I would assume he will have 6-12 months back down a league. 

Priority has to be both full backs. I like Reach for the left wing back roll, but if we can bring in some competition for him with pace then great. Same for right wing back. Palmer has to go, I like Hunt but feel we could maybe aim higher and he’s struggled with injuries lately. 

Still think we need a commanding centre back. I’d like Hutch in there, but unfortunately we can’t rely on him.

Maybe the odd improvement elsewhere, but playing 5-3-2 that’d be my priority.

Hopefully youngsters can continue to knock on the door are are given opportunities.

6 hours ago, Think tank said:

If we are going to play Reach at left wing back, that position isn’t a priority. Getting someone in for the right wing back is a more pressing matter. Need someone better and more consistent than Hunt.

Sean Clare for instance 

6 hours ago, Think tank said:

If we are going to play Reach at left wing back, that position isn’t a priority. Getting someone in for the right wing back is a more pressing matter. Need someone better and more consistent than Hunt.

Kieran Lee?

I was told earlier in the season by someone whos lad is at the club that he's off, wants to be down south and decided at start of season but didn't want another Hirst situation so kept it quite. He's obviously broken into the first team but it sounds like nothings changed, I suppose it'll depend on who wants him, he likes it at Wednesday but if a team like Brentford wants him or someone similar then expect him to leave.

We still need what we've needed ever since Wembley.

Essentially pace and power. I'd say a couple of centre backs; a couple of wing backs, a centre midfielder and a attacking midfielder. Get rid of a few players. Freshen it up and build around the youngsters and the likes of Reach, Bannan and Forestieri. I'd look at bringing in a few out of contract players, the loan market from the top flight and also for some gems in the Lower Leagues.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Yiadom on a free from Barnsley while getting rid of Palmer would be a plus. Reckon we could get a couple of hundred thousand for Palmer... we may criticise him, but he has over 100 Championship starts. That type of experience will be appealing to any of the promoted clubs, and his wages probably aren't as high as some here. 

Hunt, Yiadom, Baker, Reach and Penney as the fullback options for next season... maybe one out-and-out left back needed (upgrade on Fox) so we're not too tied to having to play the wingback system due to a lack of a really solid LB, but we could do a lot worse than that. Pudil can slot in too of course... maybe we wouldn't need another LB. 

I'd be dubious about Yiadom, my Dingle mates don't rate him and they see him every week.